New 2012 Husqvarna Te650 Soon!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mootak, Aug 19, 2011.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I hope the only thing BMW brings to the table for the next TE 650? is the possible Rotax motor. I hope Husqvarna gets to take it from there and put it in a chassis of their design, and suspension of their choice. That bike above that CJBROWN showed, I am sure most of us would break that thing real quick with the chicken leg forks, the low pipe, and we don't want a 17" rear wheel.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hell, that makes my SV650 light weight in comparison! :eek: No thanks.

That's a gunsight, son, not a crown :)
    Coffee likes this.
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    My F800GS weighs 424lbs... Why would anyone be interested in a bike that weighs the same and has less power?
  4. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

good old times...

r
  5. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Not to be a smart ass but........according to BMW's website the F800 is listed as 207kg/456lbs fully fueled. A G650GS Sertao (The New Dakar) is 193kg/425lbs.

The differance is about $5,000 and 37hp......or a dicounted KLR650!!:lol:

I'm bored at work so I think of such things.:cheers:
  6. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The more I think about this new Husky 650 the more I think it's going to be a new re-hashed G650X-Challenge! Looking at how BMW brought back the 650GS Dakar (now named the "Sertao" because they didn't want to pay the licensing of the Dakar name) and knowing the X is about the same weight as the 630, they would have a bike that only needs a body kit. That's one cheap bike to make.....considered it's 90% developed?! Hmmm...... I'm really bored at work. :D :popcorn: :cry:
  7. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I'm sure not holding my breath for the new one. All set with the old one. :thumbsup:

Besides I still gotta pay for it. :D
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Me too, and I paid full MSRP for mine!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Like I said back on page 3 or 4 i too think (hope) thats the direction. An affordable husky styled version of this might be very good for husky...

[IMG]
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Dakar is a city in Senegal, the P/D can't charge a license fee for using a city's name. They can charge for logo use, though...
  11. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, it's silly either way. Just what I heard although why would they use a portuguese word nobody knows instead of one that's very recognizable and part of a successful selling bike?! Anyway, nice to see it back......but it won't be nice to see it as a Husky.
  12. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    So folks are we getting a 650 or is it still conjecture?
  13. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't worry it's coming......

Some have suggested it's going to be announced in November at the big international moto show in Italy. It's also suggested it won't hit our shores til April or so while other say nothings going to be mentioned until early next year. :excuseme:

The major consensus is simply........it's not going to be a Husky, more of a BMW rehash so don't expect lighter, faster, and crisper......moreover, fatter, sluggish, frugal. It's expected to fill a desired gap.....for the "marketing department" more so than the biking community. Yes, it's all speculation and we have no proof but a broader appeal is the goal, not what makes sense. I hope I/we are wrong but with the 900 Nuda being announced, I'd hedge my bet the 630 was the last of the big true Husky's.....at least for a little while. :excuseme: :thinking:

:popcorn:
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
  15. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wouldn't let it get you down as all of this is just internet talk.

A rebadged BMW is about the last thing Huskey are going to do
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    The sertao or whatever it is, is already out there (somewhere?). I think some of the KLR crowd, and maybe some former Dakar owners, think it's real cool. I guess they expect a heavy pig that handles like shit.

Nothing from Husqvarna...yet. The dealer meeting said new model for 2013. One would think we would at least have a teaser pic or prototype by now.

We will get to see just how much influence BMW is going to have on the smaller, offroader, bike company. I just can't believe husky management would accept a G650X to put their marque on. But they may not have a choice.

My gut feeling is it's gonna be a 630 with a rotax motor fit into it just like the 449/511. Maybe even a new frame like them too. It will have better suspension than the Sertao, but the same drivetrain.

Lots of guys rave about that rotax mill. I have no experience with it so have no opinion. Does it work in the F800?
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Actually Kelly asked about it at the PNW gathering last weekend - though I did not understand the discussion. Perhaps he (or someone else that was there) could comment..
  19. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Something to add to this, it might be the F650 Twin motor they use in this new replacement bike! The F800 and F650 are the same motor just one detuned thru ECU. The G650 is the Rotax mill and that's whats in the G650, the "New Dakar" i.e. Sertao. The point being that Husky already tweaked the F800 to make a 900 motor for the Nuda 900 which could mean they make a 650 into something bigger since they already are playing with it?! :excuseme:

One way or the other, BMW already sent a big press release stating that for the first time they and Husky will be under one roof/same display at the show and they have some big announcements to make. We'll all know in about a week. :thinking::busted:
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well that's good news in that Husky will get noticed much more.

The G650 is the old Rotax thumper BMW's been selling for years. That's what's going into the new TE650 or whatever it gets called.

The Rotax twin is the F800/F650 (or F658 as some call it). It's a parallel twin and the engine in the Nuda 900 is based off that design. From what I gather, it's not just bored and/or stroked, though. There are more modifications and improvements.