My Take On Converting 630 Cans To Flow-throughs

Discussion in '610/630' started by RDTCU, Aug 7, 2011.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    It's just too hard to ride it gently and stay out of the throttle i guess...
  2. Ketek Husqvarna
    AA Class

Talking bout mileage from tyres.. I killed this one ContiForce SM in 800 KM :excuseme:But riding in parking lots sure is fun :D
  3. Silver Bullet - I dig that heat shield! Have the same pipe which came on my 630 purchased slightly used. Cannot locate yours on the net. Where'd you get it?
  4. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    2011 te630, Did my de-cat mod last week, took some time, more than I was expecting. All in all sounds just a little deeper at idle, but not much, cruise speed is also a little deeper, but wide open gives me a nice deep sound. Not annoying at all but exactly what I had hoped for. Def more flow of air and way more power, great cheap mod, just some time and a few bucks $$$. Wanted to keep the dual pipe look. Also opened the air box, lambda sensor with o2 removed and plugged up, and jd jetting efi tuner installed. Now have to work on tweekin it for the most power!!! May do a sprocket for even more low end power soon.
  5. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    How is that rear tire working compared to the stock? My stock on seems to not dig well. Guess since it's mostly a street tire with small nobbs?
  6. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Stock FMF heat shield. Do you have an FMF midpipe? FMF doesn't list their heat shields separately but I bet if you contacted them they might sell you one.

That tire, NOS Kenda K778 worked great off road but was gone after about 500 miles of pavement and 300 miles of dirt. Not a street tire by any means, soft FIM enduro knobby. It was my road miles that killed it quickly, even with conservative driving.

_
  7. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Wow! Thats fast! Any recommendations? Mainly riding street, 80 Percent of the time for now. Will be doing more like 60 percent street in the future.
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    You would probably just love the Heidenau K60 Scout. Best tire out there for 50/50.

The stock Karoo (T) Traveler at $140 should be a much better tire than it is. Mine was pretty much gone at 700 miles. The K60's should go several thousand miles. Revzilla has them in stock now, about $155 shipped.

I would go that way but want a little more knobby of a tire for the offroad sections.
    Mikete630 likes this.
  9. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would suggest you look at the Mitas E09 - excellent tyres and a bit more aggresive than the Heidi without being fullout MX knobby. Is available in two version - regular and Dakar which has a stronger sidewall witrh an extra ply (designed for the Dakar). Not sure of availablity Stateside?

IMG_0679.jpg
    Mikete630 likes this.
  10. boxofish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Is this what's referred to as a "thread-jack"? :rolleyes:
    Ketek likes this.
  11. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I don't know but I think I'll try those tires!:p
  12. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

:p Yeah sorry mate, great tyres though.
  13. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Thanks for the advice
  14. Mikete630 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TE630
    Thanks,
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Let a friend take my SMS down the street and FINALLY heard a good take off and fly by with the opened cans, it sounds SO much better. Smoother and mellow, even on full throttle. It sounds better off the bike than on, as a bystander you don't hear any of the rasp or engine noise.
  16. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not available in the US:( F#@% ! I want those tires!
  17. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    It's more of a tread-jack. Sorry- couldn't resist the lame joke. :) I'm appreciating both topics though, seeing as I have to do a tire change very soon and also need to do something about the stock cans!
  19. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  20. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    I wouldn't be so happy having to pay $130 for a tire. The 140/80 might even be more.

_