Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Lectron will bolt right on and solve 95% of your problems. As you might know we have done a lot of research and changes to these carbs and they are not your off the shelf Lectrons. Lectron builds these to spec for us, machined down to fit right, overflow hoses relocated, Viton bowl gaskets, adjustable PJ, remote chokes on some, custom designed rods for some, etc. These carbs are excellent for elevation and temperature changes as in they deal with it better than any carb I have ever used. Zero issues from 50-8600 feet and 25-90 degrees in my personal testing. Its one of the many great features of these carbs. I run them on all my bikes (165 husky/CR250 husky/ XC500 husky) and don't feel like going back to standard carbs ever. EZ to tune, excellent response, nice smooth power, better MPG, seems impervious to water, the clear bowl is very useful to see fuel levels and if there is fuel, etc. Very EZ to tune for different setups and very flexible to conditions and modifications to your bike. I'm not blowing smoke here, we have sold over 200 of these now and nothing but happy customers and lots of repeat customers several buying more than 2 from me. I feel 100% confident in these carbs and our configuration of them. These are setup to bolt on and run. That said it might take some slight adjustment to optimizes them or get them more in range for your particular bike but that is easy and no additional parts need, just adjusting what's there. If you decide to go this route just shoot me an Email and I'll make it happen.

motosportz@gmail.com

Thanks
    Kelly
    wrtimmy likes this.
  2. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    If you really want someone to sell you on it...I've got a WR 300 the 38mm Lectron. For me it was night and day difference. I never could get the Mikuni or Keihin 100% sorted. The Lectron pulls from near stall to full scream super smooth, no hiccups or surges. I've run the same one on a WR150 and WR360 and I really don't think I could be convinced to run a "normal" carb again. Sure, it's not a necessity, but it's dang nice to warm up the bike, turn an idle screw slightly with a gloved hand and be set for the day.

Here's video proof of it's awesomeness though. I put it on the 360 engine without adjusting it from the 300. Had just swapped the engine into the frame, it hadn't been started in 3 days. So, cold engine, choke on, 1 Kick, in sandals.

wrtimmy and Motosportz like this.
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    ^ amen.

fired up my winter-hibernated 165 the other day, two kicks, purring like a kitten. HUGE difference from the Mikuni days. the inconsistencies drove me nuts. especially during the swampy summer heat. now i have a nice brass collection gathering dust :D
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ha ha me too. Been hording jets and needles like gold for 30 years. Useless to me now.
    typeone likes this.
  5. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Love it! Well I'm sold - Kelly, I'll be flicking you an email in the next week or two to get one on the way for my 300.

Cheers all!

Tim.
  6. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Yeah after seeing that video I am convinced too. My keihin is on ebay for low res price to move it. The keihin is great but this lectron from what I am reading is as close to efi for a two stroke that it seems you can get. Then he'll with upgrading bikes. Between getting it to purr like this and having dialed in suspension theres no reason for upgrading for quite some time. Kelly Expect an email from me friday too. One question. Do the remote choke cables come with your setup?
  7. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    On the newer (at least 09+, I can't remember the change) 250/300s you won't need the choke cable. You can reach it with plenty of room just below the brake reservoir and in front of the pipe mount. Since the fuel line and idle screw is on the other side, its the only thing to grab onto from that side.

If you look at the black nub showing, right behind the lower part of that pipe mount, that's where the choke lands on the 360 (I don't take pictures very often). The 250/300 is pretty much in the same spot, lots of space to work.

[IMG]
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    correct. I run one on my 02 CR250 with IMS tanks as it pretty much covers the carb. Makes it super EZ on that bike.
  9. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    just sent payment, cant wait
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yep, in process, thank you.

BTW, I might have a fancy new rod for the 250/300 for you to try as you are semi local. Will let you know when I get closer. Progress never stops.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I rode some really nasty steep rock sections at Pipestone Sunday. Lectron ran flawlessly and the 177 got 38 mpg in 50:50 technical rock work/open rocking fast trails. :D Damn thing is a bit of an explosive beast. I need to put the WR ignition back on for some flywheel weight.
    Motosportz likes this.
  12. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    So one more question...I got a pile of BR8ES plugs and run 40:1. Stay with that or change with new carb?
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I'm glad you said that Walt.
    Obviously I don't have a 177 but I have some concerns with the 165 in the snotty slime.
    I got a new PV control arm spring (not installed yet) and I'm thinking of a FWW too.
    Centerline likes this.
  14. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Stick with what you've been running other than the carb. I run same mix ratio and a br8eg with stock ignition, b8egv with the PVL. The ES works fine, I just haven't fouled a plug in so long I decided to spend the extra on some.
  15. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    couple rides in now an I gotta say everything people have been saying is absolutely true. Finally took it up in central cascade mtns today. Thing is simply amazing. My 300 is seriously feels like a different totally bike. Very electric linear power now. now hiccups at sea level or up in the mtns. People gave me grief...why spend all that money. Just learn to jet. Well I did know jetting but my keihin would get testy in different places. The lectron so far is very constant everywhere. No need to tinker anymore. Lovin it.
    Motosportz and msmith345 like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats great. Thanks for the feedback. I have another rod I might send you to try if you are interested. My bike ran great too but this one seems to make more bottom and mid power.
  17. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    heck yeah-lol
    taking it to bend next weekend. cant wait to see how it performs wide open. We where at taenum yesterday and trailmesiter joe couldnt get his ktm 300 started with his new carb. Not sure which one but its like a lectron. He said he should have gone with the lectron. Gonna ride with his group next weekend.
    wallybean and 454x like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

He must have got the APT smartcarb which I am reading and hearing endless issues with. I have ridden with Joe and crew many times.
  19. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Yeah thats what it was(couldnt remember name)
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Stick with the Lectron until APT gets all the bugs worked out. Even then I don't know that the differences are enough to make one better than the other. JMO All I know is the Lectron just works.
    454x, johnnyboy and LAHuskyrider like this.