Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    just placed my order for a 36. cant wait to try this thing out :thumbsup: thanks, Motosportz!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes you did, thanks! Working that order over right now. :thumbsup:

Kelly
    typeone likes this.
  5. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Hi,
    Does the Lectron change anything regarding the risk of seizing a 2-stroke during transport sections?
    How sensitive to this is the Husky 125 engine actually?
    How would a well set up Lectron work in such situation?
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Fred
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Like any carb if tuned out of range you can still melt down an engine. I think it might be harder to do with the Lectron given how it works but still would be a consideration.
    Radbuster likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks, replied toy our Email and in process.

thanks
    Kelly
  8. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    Hello Jr,,have you heard anything about your back order of piston's for your 165 kit:thinking:.. Thanks Kelly F..
  9. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Hi, I was out yesterday in the November slop, for about 15mins enough to get everything dirty, and then the slide in the Lectron locked up. Bad maintenance from my part and proably dirt coming down by the cable, past the rubber grommet. Took it apart fully and cleaned it thoroughly and all is well. I plan to fill the grommet with grease and put on a ziptie to clamp it and seal against the cable. That, and not neglect it for so long.
    Later, Fred
  10. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I had yesterday exactly the same issue for 3 times on the ride and constantly when I crossed some deep water (foot pegs submersed)
    when taking the slide out there was no dirt but water in the slide but the slide was physically jammed in the housing

second time i had also water in the spark plug and a dead engine in the middle of a 300 meter water crossing (about 60Cm deep with the occasional drop)

there was no evidence of water entering through the air filter

I changed the 2 breather hoses from the carb for longer ones and lead them up to the tank and it seems to be better yet with the final crossing (and that was a deep one) hat again a sticking throttle

one hose came loose from my temporary fix and i suspect that that was the problem

2 questions:

do the breather hoses become vacuum and suck air/water into the carb housing?

is it recommended to sand the slide a bit with waterproof sand paper to polish the slid to prevent it from getting stuck due to a small amount of water?

Robert-Jan
    Centerline and Radbuster like this.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I use an automotive spark plug boot for a carb cable boot. It seals very well.
    Centerline likes this.
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You might look in a carb vent system.
  13. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Good call on the vent hoses, that is likely the problem. I'll steal the longer hoses off the mikuni and do like you and route them way up. It had been raining a lot and was very wet when I had the stuck slide. I actually greased my slide. The two rough aluminium surfaces seem to have a lot of friction. I wish that sometime in the future the surfaces would be smoother.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Later
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I've had 5 of these carbs now on my 165, never had an issue with hanging slides. Makes sure the top of the carb is sealed well.
  15. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    When I first got my Lectron, I had the same problem of water running down the cable and binding up the slide. Used some tape to wrap the boot and end of the cable while on the trail and the problem went away.
  16. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Ok, thanks, will do so.
    Just spoke to a guru friend who said long vent hoses are needed on all carbs and need to hang down well under the bike to keep it running well.
    Prolly sealing the top an putting on long vent hoses should resolve this once for all.
    I love this bike!
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff from a happy return customer...

"I race a Husqvarna Wr300 and a Husqvarna Cr165 big bore.
    I raced the lectron hard all last year without as much as a hickup and can safely say its the single best improvement I've been able to make to my bike hands down. The initial factory setup was almost perfect right out of the box. With the lectron all it takes is an easy twist of the fuel rod or a twist of the power jet to fine tune it and the bike was screaming smooth power! I noticed immediately the bike had better response across the entire power band as well as more power, smoother power delivery, and significantly better mileage. I race Hare Scrambles and endurance races where all of these benefits help win races!
    I have friends who have liked my lectron so much they bought there own and are now believers and realize the great benefits of running this setup. The best thing is even a novice or trail rider can have a perfectly jetted carb all the time without ever needing to mess with jets. You guys make a great product keep up the good work!"
    bandkw, huskybear and 454x like this.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Have you set one up on a 310 yet?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No as those are EFI bikes.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I am well aware of this fact. ;) Can it be done?