Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There are a bunch of various threads on the Lectron and I wanted to start a clean post for actually purchasing one from Motosportz. We finalized the info regarding our huskys and pricing this morning. As such I have setup the website so you can purchase the 36mm and 38mm for huskys now. These will be bolt on and go with little if any adjustments needed and the bells and cable guides right for our application. This should make it super EZ, click the link, buy the carb, bolt it on, impress your friends. :>)

Lectron carbs for huskys from Motosportz:

- Pre-configured for our huskys
    - Metering rod setup for our huskys
    - All will include the adjustable powerjet.
    - Correct throttle cable guide

Available now right here...

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm

thank you,
    Kelly
    Motosportz
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    is it OK to ask questions here? i'm curious about the 'pre-configured for our Husky's' bullet point above.

if i order one for my 165 is there ANY fitment issues to deal with? how about 36mm vs 38mm? which is recommended for the 165 and why?

sorry if you've already addressed these questions, trying to follow all the details and excitement but it's plentiful :D
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm sort of holding off until somebody else with a 2011/2012 model 300 has done some research and put a little time in with the carb. I want to know for sure, that I can get the carb set up in the ballpark out of the box, and which size and why, and how well fitment goes etc.
    Centerline, shawbagga and Xcuvator like this.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I am curious how it works out on your 300. My Son in law bought a 13 WR 300 a couple months ago and since I do his tuning, well you get the idea...
    One of my 38PWKs with RB mods should be an improvement, but I'm not sure which needle. I'll stay tuned-
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly is sending me both a 36 and 38 that I will try them back to back on my 165. I expect them both to work well and the 36 to probably be the best. I just want to see if the 38 nets a little more top end vs the 36 and I expect the 38 to end up on a TM250 anyway. So many cool things going on right now that it is a great time to be a dirt biker.
    jmetteer, 454x, typeone and 2 others like this.
  7. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Yummy...Daddy likes!
  8. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    What's the price ?
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Bolted on the 38 onto my 165 today. 7 degrees and a foot of snow but I had to try it. Everything Kelly said! So smooth and seamless with gobs of bottom. Rev'd out better, I mean way better. Pulled some 5-45 mph 6th gear pulls. Smooth, very quick and got way too squirely at 40-45 for me with no studs and an inch of hard pack above the gravel on the edges of the road. I was seeing 11.5 Krpms with the fatty pipe in 4th and 5th gear throwing crap everywhere out the back. That is a full K more than the TMXX in the same circumstances. Maybe the 36 is better on the very bottom but I don't know how. Can't wait to get south and ride with it. It is a tight squeeze using the stock cable on the 09 and later 125. Need a cable that is ~2" longer.
    typeone, MattR and Blakelpd5 like this.
  10. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    1k more in revs?!?!?!?!?!?! Nice, that sounds GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT (In a Tony the Tiger Voice)
    typeone and Big and Husky like this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    1K means alot to some of you guys and your keyboard tiger voice comes through loud and clear ... :)
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  12. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Kevin at Lectron sells a longer cable with a 90 at the end. Had to move the whole throttle assy in on the bar so I could have enough slack. Hopefully he sent Kelly some cables.
  13. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    As soon as the cable issue is taken care of I will order a lectron.

I have a 2011 250
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Very cool Walt, thanks for reporting. Thats three for three now for the Lectron. (another great customer report on the other thread). I rode again yesterday and now have 5 solid rides on the Lectron. I LOVE that carb. Runs perfect every time, super consistent, smooth pull everywhere and never a bog or feeling of lean overrun ether. We rode some big hills covered in half frozen snow yesterday. Was many times pinned for several minutes climbing and the Lectron just pulled and pulled and pulled and never complained. At the top of long hard hills you let off and it drops right back to a nice steady idle, no run on, no pinging, nothing. Roll on power is amazing. Can't believe how it keeps pulling up huge hills 1-2 gears to high. It runs so well you hardly ever need to shift int he tighter woods as it will pull any gear nicely and SMOOTHLY and has a never give up feeling. I love this carb. Rode my buddies 07 WR250 back to back and my bike runs so much smoother and pulls so hard and consistent. The super consistent running regardless of conditions, reliable pulling power and smooth powerband make me a big believer in this carb.
    huskybear likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am running an 09 125 cable on my 04 and and it is 2-3 inches longer. It is so much longer I can run in on the far side of the steering head which I like. I realize this is not a solution for you guy wot 09's and up. I can get you throttle cables and Lectron sells an entire throttle and cable to eliminate ANY issues. No problem on all this. Will get stock coming.
    huskybear likes this.
  16. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    Any attention to the 4 strokes? The Keihin and Mikuni flat slides always leave something to be desired with on just about every bike they come on. power valves come on to early and flood the bike for a split second, doesn't like to idle, yada yada. I'm just curious if people are seeing the same results with 4 strokes as they are two strokes.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They are said to work great on older Xrs DRs and the like but do not have an accelerator pump so might not be the best for something like a CRF. I would love to try one though. Might make it smoother and EZer to ride in the woods (mellow the response some). Sure are about a million times simpler than a FCR and I bet would work fine just might loose that accelerator pump jump off the bottom.

2 strokes have powervalves not 4 strokes.
  18. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    Ah yes, meant to say accelerator pump. But, good info none the less. Wonder if they have plans for making one. It sounds like a superior carb in just about every way,
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK, so i just got off the phone with my contact at Lectron who knows everything and it is a resounding YES!!! Said they sell tons of carbs to replace FCR's and same thing, better throttle response, MPG, power etc. They sell bunches of them for YZF 4 wheelers and the like and have won the powersports carb performance shootout 3 years in a row on the 4 stroke 4 wheelers. Said they work great on modern and older 4 strokes and they have the setups for those all sorted out. The FCR is a nightmare to sort and worth a fortune on ebay. Would love to try one.

Hummm.... I know someone with a CRF450 they are not using
    Rik Lipscomb likes this.
  20. rajobigguy Administrator

Good, glad to hear it so how do we handle the push/pull cable arrangement on a FCR equiped 610? If I can figure out how to adapt it I'll give it a try. It seems counter intuitive to think that eliminateing the A/C pump would be a performance enhancer on a big bore thumper but maybe that throttle surge is just making it feel snapier while eliminateing it might give a stronger more even pull. Like I said, it seems wrong but then so many things in life do and work out anyway.