Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Did 60 miles of fast trailes today in bend oregon. Mind you it was fast trails...but...i was only down 1,5 gallons. I couldnt believe my eyes. I realize its not exactly a scientific experiment. But 59 miles on 1,5 gallons? Setiously? Are they that good?(oh and it ran flawlessly btw)
    typeone and shawbagga like this.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ^told ya! crazy hey! im gonna try run my tank empty & see what i can get in total. check ya plug bet it looks perfect too!
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Yeah plug is nice dark chocolate color. I was also amazed how the bike just pulls and pulls and pulls. I may have to go back to a stock tank now unless i know i meed a 100 plus miles out of it. Every two stroke i own going forward will have to have one of these. Amazing
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great to hear. :thumbsup: I actually get worse mileage out at Bend because I am on the gas a lot more (same with my EFI 511). You are doing better than me as my 02 CR250 is only getting 2-3 MPG better. Good but not fantastic. What is fantastic is the way it run and pulls me up monster technical hills. Everyone who rides it says it feels like a 300 and it does.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might try going 1/4-1/2 leaner as you can run them til the plug is tan. Might be even better MPG for you.

- Did you try playing with the powerjet out at Bend. I found good gains messing with it out there.
  7. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Got my Lectron installed over the weekend and so far so good! Very impressed.

Using the tuning guide Kelly posted up it was very easy to get a good baseline - I ran out of light to really test the top end/power jet but initial impressions are good.
    I have to say it's the simplest, most easily setup carb I've had the pleasure of playing with! No doubt most of this would be down to the research Kelly has put in and supplying it close to the mark already.

As it was delivered I needed about 0.5-1 turn out on the idle screw to get an idle I liked, so adjusted the metering rod 1/2 turn counter clockwise to start with, idle was better but it just died whenever opening the throttle. Took it to 1/4 turn out from where it was delivered and it's got a nice idle at 1 turn out and felt nice and snappy, and very crisp. Bingo! Rode it like that briefly around the fire break and it felt great, but I do want to get a new plug in her and really wind out 3rd gear and shut it off to see how the plug looks up top. It sounded a bit "raspy" for the short ride I did, but I also wasn't wearing a helmet so no doubt the noise sounded different to what I would normally hear. It felt good, accelerated hard, and felt fine - but I'd like to get a new plug in there and take a look.

Have to say I am very impressed.
  8. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    nice! cant wait to get mine in! what's the easiest way to adjust the rod once carb is installed? do you need to take carb out or there is enough room to rotate it?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That raspy sound on top is usually rich even thought it might seem lean. Try running your PJ at about 1/2 - 3/4 out. Glad you like it. Yep, silly EZ to tune to your liking and the great part is once you find your happy spot it usually stays there no matter the conditions or elevation.
    wrtimmy likes this.
  10. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

There's enough room to rotate, although I find it easiest with the tank removed (due to my cable routing and lack of the proper sized allen key so I use a big tool that has like 9 sizes for it).
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

We are going to start shipping long L hex keys with them.
    shawbagga likes this.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    its a 9/64" or something isnt it Kelly? keep meaning to buy one at the bloody hardware store as i only have metric sizes. i might try some different rods from ya so if i do ill get ya to post me one over with them please
  13. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300

Thanks I'll give a try!!
  14. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300

I had no problems rotating it myself, but I did get the extra cable which would definitely have helped too.
  15. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    I think that Husky spec lectron needs to come with metric hardware :)
    Al H, Radbuster and shawbagga like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I asked, they said no :) really the only tool you need is the alen for the top. They used to be straight blade screw driver but everyone complained (which is odd because everyone has one). Once you set uit you really never have to touch it again.
  17. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i like the older straight blade bolts, keep a stubby thumb screw driver in my bag for it. ( although i never need it now :D )
  18. Auto5guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165, 2004 WB165, 1984 wr400
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Maico 400, 1974 Penton 400
    I keep a Klein 10 in 1 screwdriver in my backpack. One of its tips is a torox that fits the Allen screws of the Lectron perfectly.
  19. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Already ordered my Lectron last week, can't wait to receive it and try it on the 300 ;)
  20. J.TV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 -11
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR400 -00
    Yes. Torx size T15, perfect fit.