Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Anything can but that would be a hard one and messy for sure. There is not reason that carb would not work well on that bike. Would love to try it on a 2010 TC250 (carbed x-light)
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Why would it be messy? Think about how to do it, I'm going to need 5 of them.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I fear the electronics part of it might be interesting as they will be looking for info from the CO and be adjusting the timing etc. Why would you need 5 of these, whats up. I think it would run great just not sure why someone would go through the effort. More than willing to work with you on this if need be. Sounds fun.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Because I own five MY12 TE310s.
    R-J van Hulst likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I think those come with fueling systems stock :D

Check your PM.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Now you're just bragging lol
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    They are rental bikes for Rideopentours.com
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Customer with a CR125 Honda says the Lectron transformed his bike. Love happy customers.
  9. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    my buddy with an '02 CR250R would like to try one, cant commit the dough yet though. he hears how much i love mine EVERY RIDE :D
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

That has the kinda lame motor with the electronic powervalve right? Would be interesting to see what it does on that.
  11. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    yup. i wouldn't necessarily call it lame but the '01 was known to be better (motor-wise), supposedly the frame is better on the '02... he loves it though. i've ridden it briefly on a sand track and it felt nice to me. MINT machine, was basically new when he found it a few seasons ago. but, he's trying to tune/tame it for woods use. real curious if the Lectron would smooth out the entire powerband.

my '97 CR250 did great in the woods and those are known to be kinda lame too. stiff. i loved it. (for about 2 seasons, if that)

he sees me crawl up tricky rock sections with ease then proceeds to flip the CR on it's head :D little bikes rule!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe that was a bad choice of words. The mags and people that owned the ones with the electronic PV said they were a step backwards from the older motor. Buddy of mine bought one brand new and loved the bike except the motor. VERY good looking machines.
  13. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    no, i knew what you meant, i only mean he loves the thing and it runs super tight. just not a woods bike so tweaks are in progress. previous owner showed him how to maintain / check the PV stuff. so far so good. but i wonder if some of his low end power delivery complaints come from that system. they moved to case reed as well for '02.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, that was the beef with those and I felt it when i rode my buddies. He struggled on a loose gravel hill, thought he was a spode because everyone else rode right up, I tried to ride it up for him and it was really hard as it was very soft on the bottom and way to much on top. Fine for MX when you have a big wide groomed track and can keep on it but hard int he tight stuff when you cant rely on the power spread.
  15. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    interesting, thnx. ill have to chat with him tonight about it. ive never ridden it in the woods, only on a small sand MX track.
  16. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    Took the 2014 CR125 I purchased from Hall's out for its first ride today. Weather down here is perfect. It is 70 degrees today. Hard to believe it was 15 degrees last Wednesday morning. I had ridden it around the neighborhood when I first got it home and was not pleased with the bog-zap feel of the stock Mikuni. Based on everything I had read on this forum, I went ahead and ordered up a 38mm Lectron and the longer throttle cable. I also ordered an FMF fatty and TurbineCore spark arrestor. I fired up the bike at the house last week and rode it down the street. It felt much smoother and no bogging.
    Today I took it to our local single track riding area and did a 13 mile loop on it. The bike runs flawlessly. Crisp response from top to bottom. No spooge on the fender, I didn't really test out the top end on it much as I am still breaking it in. This thing is a blast. Definately more work than my 310 but I think it will make me a better rider. Next is suspension work. I put a stiffer rear spring on it and have backed out the compression on both ends. Rear feels pretty good now actually, but forks are way too stiff for the hacky, rooty single track. But I digress as this thread is about the Lectron. I am SOLD! Kelly nailed the setup as I did not have to adjust anything.

2 of my buddies took it for a spin and both came back into the riding area laughing so hard I could hear them over the bike. 125s are a kick.
    trailboss, Motosportz and huskybear like this.
  17. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Hey there everyone,

I've spent the past few nights reading up on carby setup options for my new WR300 (2014 model , but the last "husky" one, not the "ktm" one).
    I've been experiencing trouble starting the bike, difficulty getting a nice idle, and it stalling out on me. Then a great deal of difficulty in getting it started again!
    And not having ridden a 300 2T before I guess I don't know what to expect as far as power goes.

I'm in Perth, Western Australia - and when I purchased the bike new a couple of months ago I know the dealer swapped out the slide and playing with the jetting from factory "to suit our conditions".
    My experiences thus far is the bike is running rich. Probably playing it safe for the run in period I assume. The plug is more of a black than a clean tan.
    Starting is particularly difficult. Before I started doing some reading I put it down to the awkward kick starter placement.

I've barely done 70kms (~110 miles) on the bike so far. It feels good, but definitely could use some improvement.
    Hence the search for jetting info started and then I stumbled across the Lectron.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, are they worth the buck on a WR300? 36 or 38mm?
    Will they give me the improved starting and idle, will it improve the stalling when the revs drop?

Please - sell me!

Thanks!
    Tim
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like you have multiple jetting issues there so this my question may or may not be relative ...

But are you kicking that bike over hard OR just pushing the kicker down like a 4st bike?

--
    Can't help on your issue really :(
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

First off you should be able to get the stock carb to start and run OK. Your jetting sounds way off. Do you have to use the choke or not? Seems like a lean pilot (hard starting, won't idle, stalling). Kinda hard for us to jet your bike via the web. All that said i just put a Lectron on my personal 02 CR250 husky. It ran and started good stock. It starts way better now (2 cold one hot) and runs great. The Lectron will solve most your issues but you should be able to jet your stock carb to work acceptably. Can you take it back to the dealer that made a mess of it and have them fix it?
  20. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Firstly, thanks for the input guys! Greatly appreciate the reply!

I definitely can take the bike back to the dealer and have a whinge about the jetting. And I will for sure. I have to take it in for it's first service, pretty much because I just want the stamp in the owners manual.
    But in saying that I did expect to have to do a little tinkering with the 2T to make it suit my liking.
    Kind of the reason I bought the 2T was to have a bit of a play with it.

I have always used the choke on cold start, when hot then no choke, but it goes take a bit to get it going especially when hot, and usually requires a careful balance of throttle and kicking it. The "kick" itself, is perhaps more like a 4T (from my CRF250 experience) push, opposed to a flat out KICK - if that makes sense? But I put that down to me being on the shorter side more than anything. I was leaning towards thinking it was rich on the pilot but on second thought, lean does make more sense, with it also being rich on the main (from the colour of the plug).

So in saying all that - yes, I have the option of harassing the dealer, and fiddling with the stock carb to get a better result. But with SO much positive feedback on replacing it, either with a Lectron or a Keihin- am I just going to eventually be chasing my tail in getting the stock option to work acceptably - or should I take the plunge and jump straight to a better end result?