Lectron carbs for huskys available now at Motosportz

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300

You won't be disappointed! By far and away the best money I've ever spent on a part for a bike - road bikes included. The difference it made to my 300 is almost unbelievable.
    Hurky, Motosportz and shawbagga like this.
  2. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    I rode my Lectronified CR144 last weekend and it ran perfect. First ride with the 144 kit. Power was good from top to bottom. At the end of the day, just a small amount of spooge on the end of the muffler. I love how this carb is just plug and play. The clear float bowl also adds a bit of coolness to it as well.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I wanted to update some fuel mileage stats. I have been consistently getting 38-40 mpg with my 177 and a 38mm Lectron. I am a slow fat guy who spends most of the time on the bottom to mid. Sunday I was on a ride with a fairly quick young guy and some excellent terrain. 4300' at the start, peak at 7700' (snow limited) and back down. Great Fun. I tried to lead and then keep up following, was on the gas a lot. There are more than 50 fun switch backs in this ride and lots of rocks and crap.....did I say it was great fun. We had to turn back early and take a short loop out due to a significant lightening storm and only totaled 26 miles. Total fuel consumed was 92 oz.....period at what is as close as I get to race pace. Averaged over 17 mph on some fairly technical terrain mixed in with some flowing single track. Don't scoff that is flying for this fat, old, bastard. :rolleyes:

Lectron Rules!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW thats some crazy good milage. Getting 32 on my 02 CR250 husky which I tend to ride hard on technical trails and thats a good 8 MPG over what I could get out of he stock carb.

Anyone want to play with their Lectron and has a 250/300 try my 3-2m rod. it is amazing.
  5. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Installed. Have not installed tank or fired to play with. Work getting in the way:thumbsdown::banghead:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

look forward to your thoughts.
  7. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Hi all, I finally installed my Lectron yesterday, installation was straightforward with the special MotionPro throttle cable, I also replaced the boot and put seals on both sides of the Vforge with jointing paste.

IMG_1688.JPG

I don't touched anything on the carb, just installed as it came with the 3-2m rod. Bike started second kick with the choke on, I had to accelerate a bit to get the engine started, I think I am rich on idle as I don't really need to use the choke and using it stalls the engine without giving it more gas... Once warmed up I notice that the idle is pretty low and rich, maybe a 1/4 turn on the needle will settle it perfect. But Ok for now, let's ride it !

First impression was WOW !, this thing rips !, response in the low rpm is far better now, I must admit that I had the TMX very rich... Throttle response is instantaneous and there is a lot more power lugging the engine, most of the time I don't pass 1/2 throttle so by now this is perfect. Bike is smoking a lot less also.

It should only be a short test ride, was more than an hour as I was having fun :)

At the end, coming back to home, I accelerated full throttle on a street and noticed less power as the rpm climbs, and some surging / coughing, I'm not sure if it is lack or excess of mixture. Turned the PJ 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and no apparent change, have to try more adjustments today.

Changed the plug to a new one and it came out pretty dark so I suppose I'm rich on the PJ, have to try turning it in and see if it makes a difference.

One doubt, will the PJ work past 1/2 throttle whatever the engine rpm are or will it only suck gas in the higher RPM ? WOT in low rpm works great with no bogs or anything ... only with higher PRM I notice that...

Thanks and regards !
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Turn your PJ in to about 1/2-3/4 out, they are usually set at 1- 1 1/4 and thats rich. We like to error on the rich side and let you dial it back if needed. Thanks for reporting.
  9. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    I adjusted the PJ to what you recommend and now it runs perfect ! Thanks !
    Can't wait for the W.E. and try it on a real ride :P

Here is a vid that I made yesterday prior the test-ride:

Regards.
    everfree and Motosportz like this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great, no problem. These are EZ to tune. Just dial it around til it runs hard.

BTW - that looks like a pretty restrictive muffler.
  11. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    It is the Original HVA muffler ... It's pretty long and doesn't make too much noise ... I don't like to be noisy ... (I should probably change the fibers I know....)
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I keep being amazed by the results I get with the Lectron. Rode 70 epic miles of Montana/Idaho Divide trail on Thursday. We were out for 7 hours of great fun. Averaged 15 mph during the ride that was mostly technical nasties but it was enhanced by 8-9 miles of 40 mph road connecting a section of trail. It took 1 gallon 92 oz. of fuel for this amazing ride. That's 40 mpg on my 177 at an average of 8000' of elevation. Tons of steep climbs, cliff face switch backs and general amazing scenery. Ran into herds of elk, mountain goats, and many smaller wildlife, but no humans!

That mileage gives me a nice 100 mile range with my 177 and the 2.5 gallon WR tank. Now the 177 is an amazingly flexible motor with big bore type torque and still flies on top but it shines in how it really allows you to ride anything any way you want.

This was a very unusual Thursday for me as I took 90% of the day off from work which hasn't happened in months but it has been a long, trying year at work. Just decided to say F*ck it and went awol. One note is I did pack a quart of gas so the buddy on a TM 250 could make the extended ride. He was dealing with "carb" issues all day with the high altitude and slow technical riding. I think he will be buying a Lectron from Kelly in the near future!

If you want, Google Lost Trail Pass. We staged on the road to Saddle mtn and rode west, south west on the divide for many miles. This country is about as far from anywhere as you can get. We were well over 25 miles down the divide trail making several side loops down into the Salmon river breaks and back. Amazing stuff and a breath of fresh air for us Montana guys. Idaho actually maintains there trails a bit(only had to cut out two trees on the ride) and provides signage at every junction.
    john01, shawbagga, 454x and 5 others like this.