Husqvarna is alive, Husaberg is no more

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by vkara, Apr 8, 2013.

1. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    So am I, and I will definitely be buying one and giving it a go!
    bigjon and ray_ray like this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy one, but I am saying that I'm glad a bought two Italian ones already.:cool:
    Gotlabs, PowerKord, S-1 and 3 others like this.
  3. TropicalSnowman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a dealership!
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1100 Slabbie and an NSR250 road
    Hi
    As far as I'm told it's business as usual, they've done a spectacular job with Husky and in my opinion it would be a really stupid move to get rid of them, the warehouse/head office is huge, when they took over the total sales of Husky in Australia was about 400 units last year they did well over 2000 units.
    Top guys to deal with.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I split the 2st fuel injection discussion into a separate thread.
    john01 likes this.
  5. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    Lets wait to see the best husky lineup ever!
    October we'll find out about the new dirtscooters
  6. digitaloffroad Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    non
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMZ-450
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with the FAR Husqvarna GNCC and National Enduro team as well as what happens with the Husaberg Factory riders of Mike Lafferty and Russell Bobbitt once the dust settles here...
    twowheels likes this.
  7. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I dont see why they would not keep both teams.
  8. jcg61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300, 1972 Rickman 125,78 YZ125
    Ditto
  9. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bella Italia all the way!
    Glad u runnin tight ship here coffee, damn efi carb discussion going nowhere (not saying that the ktm hva husa thing is).
    ray_ray likes this.
  10. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have some info from the KTM sales meetings. I am still a Husaberg dealer and there will be some 2014 Husabergs...what we don't know yet. Husqvarna will have a seperate sales rep and the east coast rep will be Rod Overstreet from Husqvarna. There will be Italian Husqvarna's available at a discount. I believe that Husaberg dealers do no automatically become Husqvarna dealers. There will be a proccess to go through. What new bikes will be Husaberg's and Husqvarna's will come at a later date. We are already ordering 2014 KTM motocrossers. We will order 2014 off- road after the dealer meeting in June. Husaberg orders will follow.
    72racerx, Blazes and boisedave like this.
  11. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the info!! What's the "vibe" like? Are you getting a good feeling or does there seem to be some smoke and mirrors?
    Coffee likes this.
  12. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I was not there but the KTM sales guys are pretty excited. I have not talked to Rod yet but I heard he was getting way more interest from dealers. We plan on jumping thru whatever hoops we have to to get Husqvarna. Husaberg sales this year have been very good. I think everyone is pretty excited about the possibilities.
  13. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new MX offerings!
  14. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Pentonpro - "If a new product line is to emerge and SP is smart, he or they will use the Husky community for a focus group on what to build that loyal Huskyvites will own."
    ..being a loyal / proud Husqvarna owner for almost 40 years will end if "ANY" part on the new models have anything written or disguised ktm part on it ,I ain't buying,plain and simple. Luckily I have enough pre-pierer Huskys that I will ride just in case this happens..only sucks that my hard earned money will have to go his pocket when I need some replacement parts...sorry if this rant bothers anyone ,it's just me,I've become a grumpy,stubborn 'ol fart since this buy out ..and if this has anything about going back to Husky's roots,then why is it being built in austria? ..let me stop,I'm giving myself a headache:banghead: ....
    Bill502 and organ donor like this.
  15. jpgibson Husqvarna
    AA Class

As a prior Husky owner ( TE450, SM610 x2) and a current KTM owner, I'm very happy with the news. I hope the new ones will be cutting edge ( like the 'bergs were) AND reliable AND have excellent factory AND aftermarket support. I feel sorry for the earlier berg owners ( at least the newer ones are just blue KTM's with CC forks), wonder about parts for the 70 degree motors/plastic subframes etc etc. Maybe the 70 degree will end up in a Husky! In Australia, the berg is dearer to buy and loses more at resale than a KTM. Having just sold a TM 300 EN ( for a KTM 300), I miss the differentness ( I know......) but it's way easier to live with.This new era for Husky will be awesome, and I'll be back on one sooner than later.
  16. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    KTM XC-W/EXC MODEL 2014 NEWS
    Only two years after the launch of the new offroad generation (the revolutionary 350 XCF-W flagship), KTM has again revised the complete Enduro Competition range for 2014. Headlining the changes is the all-new engine for the 250 XCF-W, as well as lighter frame and swingarm development, refined suspension setups and new ergonomically enhanced bodywork for all XC-W/EXC models. KTM enters 2014 with a markedly improved range of high-tech 2- and 4-stroke models, setting a substantially higher benchmark for the Enduro world.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/2014-ktm-models/#ixzz2TtM2CdhC

So... coming in October - the same bikes in blue and yellow with a Husqvarna logo. :doh:
  17. pentonpro Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    home
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki gt 750 lemans
    Take a moment a realize 2014 model year wont show much. 2015 will unleash new products from there design center. Yes there will be shared components from ktm. The Italian supply chain if competitive could remain because ktm can not afford the resource drain in the first couple of years. That being said, it there will be ktm tech and parts in the future. Why is that a bad thing?
  18. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    I so agree. I'm a surfer and there's this thing about surfers and "sponges" (boogieboard riders) that makes me wanna puke. Riding waves in any form is incredible, same with bikes. KTM's must be pretty good or they wouldn't win over the Japanese bikes with their huge budgets. I could care less what people ride. I ride a Husky, Yamaha, Suzuki, and even a Honda sometimes. My enduro is a Husky and I love it. I don't hate any other brands, just feel sorry for the guys who don"t get the feeling I get when I'm on my Husky...
    BadMotoWeazal and Motosportz like this.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  20. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head