Husqvarna is alive, Husaberg is no more

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by vkara, Apr 8, 2013.

1. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

subsidiary company. whatever.
    actually, pierer bought husky because oftheir know-how in musket building ("husky roots"). he's looking for some cutting edge technology, now that he found out that elephants cannot make it across the alps.

r
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If history serves me correct I beleive some of the elephants made it
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

only 1 out of 37. that's a better "finish-line rate" than erzberg, but still not much.

r
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I beleive when hanabil left spain to enter the alps he had 37 elephants and 46,000 men when he entered Italy he has only 3 elephants and 26,000 men but he proved a point and was feared as a milatary man

Boy are we off topic
    robertaccio and rajobigguy like this.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

Oh I don't know, Cagiva made a bike called the elephant which donated the lower end and trans to the Husky 610 so there may be a way to tie this all together.:D
    4eyes, sabortooth and john01 like this.
  6. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Gday lads, 1st post, love your stuff. Just got a 3rd hand 07 wr250 off a KTM dealer, great machine, great shop. Was told they won't be the ones selling me parts in the future or presumably new Husqvarnas either, will be a separate entity. Might just be a West Oz thing.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It should be noted this was only to the electric start 610, the competition left kick start 610 used the original swedish bottom end.