Husqvarna is alive, Husaberg is no more

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by vkara, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I believe the 2014 Huskys are going to be 2013 Huskys....
    Coffee likes this.
  2. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Yep! We'll have 2014 Husky's on the floor by July though and at 2013 prices ;)
    oregonsage and Coffee like this.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
  4. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...and as I see it(earlier references) ..some people just don't get it..probably never will ..Husqvarna PRIDE and LOYALTY are hard to shake :notworthy: ....and if you have owned/raced/trailed ridden the "Marque" for close to 40 years with very little quality issue problems,I wouldn't have to explain.... and if you add that 'major' competitor now owns it and the continuous bashing from those who ride it just puts the icing on the cake ....I'm still holding out,hopefully for a miracle of some sort to pop up! :thinking: ...have a good day
    ntbhusky and panhandlebars like this.
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bold new 25th Aniversary graphics............kind of like wearing a tuxedo to go to the electric chair if you ask me
    silverpilen and Dirtdame like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Well said.
    TropicalSnowman likes this.
  7. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..don't ever ride in Florida..lots of pumkin heads ...and some of the horse shit stories that comes out of their mouths makes you wonder...gotta say,they never bothered me before but these turn of events really brings the poop slinging to a whole new level...no worries ,I try to stay away from them as much as possible..but they always come to me for repairs..and I could lay all kinds of 'SUGGESTIVE" criticisms about their rides but I don't..I try to play nice 'cause I know my Husky's are in the garage and ready to ride:love:
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's the general English release. It is on the Husaberg USA site though. TE125 has not been available in USA or Canada.
  9. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

pierer "brings together what belongs together". well, actually this brings together what is considered his property (husqvarna) with what's known to be ktm property (husaberg). somehow, in the press releases, a part of the story seems to be missing...

r
    Joe Chod, Motosportz and Coffee like this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors in all this. Talking out of both sides of his mouth. Now the press release in Sweden? WTF? Is he trying to piss of everyone at once with that?
    ntbhusky and Coffee like this.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

In his mind I guess bringing home the brands will make us HAPPY and show he wants to get'm back to their roots??? Since they won't be made there I can't understand how he thinks it will make us or anybody happy. I'm still just hoping after all the smoke clears we aren't left with blue and yellow pumpkins.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  13. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

apparently there's an interview in the latest issue of the german "motorrad" magazine, where pierer 's revealing the missing detail: husky will turn a 100% ktm daughter company.

r
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Daughter...........More like a bastard red-headed step child from a shotgun wedding
    rasputin, ntbhusky and rancher1 like this.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree with what rasputin said earlier husqvarna name will live on but the actual brand is dead. They are just putting the name over the husaberg decals.
  16. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    454x likes this.
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have heard a lot of people say this but I disagree. Cagiva was wise enough to look at the picture and utilize what was better. They took the 4-stroke design and improved upon it, hell they made the TE 610E from it and continued to produce it through 2010. I like the cagiva based 2 strokes a lot, they are very reliable and make good power. The SP way will be to discard everything because he is too in love with his current designs to see any benefit from what husky was doing. BMW made the same mistake, they wanted to push their tech and had no interest in improving the old models. I like both the swedish and italian huskies but I do not really want a ktm or husaberg in husky dress. I would like to be wrong about this, but it doesn't look like it is going that way.
    Motosportz and Dirtdame like this.
  18. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    It's the death of the x-lite 310. That alone is ridiculous.
  19. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

:D
    i'm sorry. I literally translated the german term "tochterfirma", the correct translation would be "sub company".

r
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sub company? They are going to make U-Boats again? :doh: