Husqvarna is alive, Husaberg is no more

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by vkara, Apr 8, 2013.

1. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    I'm stoked about this and so are many of my riding friends who last Husky where made in Sweden. I really wonder how this will effect dealers? There are more Husaberg dealers in Ohio and Michigan then the four Husky dealers in combined in both states. I really like announcement in Sweden.
  2. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I wonder if we'll see Laferty and Bobbit riding Huskys next year :thinking:
    Vinduro likes this.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Maybe DB also will return to his roots.
  4. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    You would have to think that the red/white will be gone in order to make a clean break from the BMW & Varese influence and revert to white/blue/yellow to pay homage to Husaberg and Husky/Sweden days of yore. I wonder if Thomas Gustavsson will be involved? That would be history repeating itself.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It's really hard to speculate what it really means, but this development is very encouraging :):)!
  6. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am sure you know the early huskies had those cool looking red/chrome tanks, that would be more their roots than blue yellow.
  8. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I guess it depends on just how far back in time you are prepared to go. You could even argue that Husky was always destined to become 'pumpkin' orange....

[IMG]
    Indorider and twowheels like this.
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    It really is a no brainer - Husaberg would not have existed if Husqvarna had stayed in Sweden all those years ago?

It's mouth watering to think of the following teams:

Extreme Enduro
    G.Jarvis and A.Lettenbichler.
    EWC
    E1: J.Salimen and M.Seisolta
    E2: P.Renet and either O.Mena or L.Santolino
    E3: J.Ljunggren and either M.Bellino or M.Phillips (bias showing)
    Blazes likes this.
  10. vkara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Expect a "70 degrees" two stroke in the future.
  11. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I'm pleased for Husqvarna but saddened by the loss of Husaberg who were brave innovators. Having owned supermoto Bergs myself I can say they were the fastest and most fun bikes I've ever ridden, yes you had to rebuild the thing every 2000 miles but you could do it yourself at reasonable cost and then you knew the thing inside out! You knew every noise from that 60bhp 650cc motor and just by listening you could tell if something needed attention, valve adjustment, cam bearings about to explode etc etc... I tuned mine to near 70bhp and have never ridden another supermoto that could reach 130mph and loft the front wheel off the throttle at 80mph + I for one will miss Husaberg and writing this now has made me want to buy another before they become collectors items!!
  12. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I just want to knowvwhats happening to the Terra. I want one bad but cant until this time next year
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Those old bergs like that have been gone for a while. Only the name husaberg is going away. The husqvarna name is staying but the bikes are done. This is really just a name plate switch.
  14. TropicalSnowman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a dealership!
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1100 Slabbie and an NSR250 road
    Hi guys

I'm a dealer in Australia, yes, we're usually the last to know about what's happening but finally I got a letter at the same time as the announcements (I think I've attached the letter) I'm just happy to know that the brand is going to continue and being a Swede I like the idea of blue and yellow. I'm also happy about the fact that there will be some race motards (I race a 511 at the moment) and with any luck we'll get the CR85 that everyone seems to want.

Attached Files:

15. ascribner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Daytona 675, 2009 KTM 200SX
  16. pentonpro Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    home
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki gt 750 lemans
    Try and remember, KTM started building bikes on the specs of others. John Penton. Yes they used other manufactures engines and hard pieces then, but built small mopeds and were not giants as they are now. The way I see it is Husaburg was/is a premium motorcycle brand.
    If they follow this model they will certainly try and sell Husqvarna as not only different but try and maximize its branding and loyal buyers by keeping it a great motorcycle brand.
    If a new product line is to emerge and SP is smart, he or they will use the Husky community for a focus group on what to build that loyal Huskyvites will own.
    It is obvious to me they did not buy Husqvarna to eliminate two Off road giants. SP could retire from KTM or be forced out and still own Husqvarna.
    As for the learning curve to export the production first you have to have a production process on the products you build. Then replicate and train that where ever you export it to like India. That would take some time.
    First branding then new products and then marketing.
    Spray painting KTMs another color will not make Husqvarna any money it will take away resources from KTM.
    If I was a enduro competitor still I would look forward to some the leftover Husaberg stuff.
    Vinduro likes this.
  17. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    G'day TropicalSnowman any word from PFG on what's happening with them as far distro rights over the next few years ??
  18. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    husaberghusqvarna-7.jpg
    well if nobody else was going to post this
  19. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Husqvarnas will be like.
    PBM457 likes this.
  20. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I'm just looking forward to *anyone* making more bikes that encourage participation in the offroad scene.
    S-1 and pentonpro like this.