Husqvarna is alive, Husaberg is no more

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by vkara, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    SM510R whit new 690smc-R engine:cheers:
    Tinken and BILLF like this.
  2. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    I do not even care what color they are. H ad the yellow huskies with white and blue the old ones with aluminium tanks. Blue and Yellow --Red and white ----don't think Orange will work
    Even some Carbon like my Eddie Seel will do ;)

The Red does look cool --But so does the Blue and Yellow -- Orange is just a faded Red anyway--

DSCN1827.JPG
  3. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

The more I think about it -- the more excited this makes me. I guess the real question will be what are the bikes like? I personally wouldn't mind either the red scheme or the blue/yellow. As for "re-badged" vs. totally different after watching the wire for the last few months here's my speculation: You will see both!!!

The wait until October suggests they simply aren't just putting new graphics on Husabergs and calling them Huskys. That would have been easy enough to do. Several comments suggest different platforms -- so I am going to take "them" at their word. I think you will see some "seperate" bikes [although with WP suspension, common parts, etc.]. Don't know what they will be -- probably 250f and 450f [with big bores maybe]. Don't really know. Hopefully some new two strokes too. I also think you will see some re-badged KTMs to fill in holes in the model line [minis come to mind]. So I think you will see some of both. Just my $0.02.
    BILLF and Blazes like this.
  4. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I agree, I think we will see some of both. Some models will be 75% Husky specific with some shared components, and some models will be rebadged KTM. I'm OK with that, it will allow Husky to keep a separate identity while at the same time allowing them to easily plug holes in their model lineup.
    BILLF and Blazes like this.
  5. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Glad to see not all here are doom and gloom prophets and that at least some of us can see a glass half Full rather than half Empty -- I as for one am hoping things will work out eventually for Husky. At last things seem to have turned for the better and I cant wait to see what the future holds :)
  6. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    no doom and gloom here... the more I think about this, the more I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for October. If I like "it", then I just may give the new Husky a shot. In the end, if a particular bike appeals to me, I would buy it.... no matter the politics, real or perceived.
  7. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    Tc 449 chassis with a ktm single cam head and dual injector.
    ...TWO OF THEM PLEASE ASAP.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not just any KTM single cam, what you want is the 450 XC-W 60HP engine. It has the 449's DDS clutch, starter clutch, stator design and the ZTR crank mod built into it.
    dirttracker1 likes this.
  9. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    Yaaaaaah! 60 is the number of the beast
    you got the answer in red & white form
  10. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm wondering if he's going to go Beta/GasGas he has access to those as we speak.. .just sent him a message on FB... and I don't want to go to the BMW dealer either... Not sure he cares about bikes , think the ATV's are what keep the lights on at MotoTech these days....
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    DONĀ“T MISS THE PRESENTATION OF THE NEW HUSQVARNA OFFROAD LINEUP IN SWEDEN; PLANNED FOR EARLY OCTOBER 2013

Sweden...:thumbsup:
    Big and Husky and PBM457 like this.
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

They will be blue and yellow again if they are announcing them in Sweden. One has to assume they will be rebadged Husabergs.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So will they be called Huskabergs :lol:? This whole thing may work out; at least thats what I'm still hoping for.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes blue and yellow and we get the blue rims.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That will be interesting....
  16. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    I kind of like the red and white color way. But blue and yellow wouldn't be bad either. It would be nice to see some spy shots! October/November is a loooong way away.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well i have been happy husky owner for years Now with Husky in the Hand of a company who wants to build RACE BIKES not fu fu adventure bike with metal suitcases on the side I am even happier
    What ever they build i will be there to try it out
    Seems anything is better then the way BMW was taking the company
    Just the idea of 2 Race Bike Companies comming together is good news
    dirttracker1 likes this.
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    It will be very interesting to see what they show in October in Sweden and November in Milan. I am thinking it will almost certainly have to be something we have seen before. I just don't see any way they will be able to design, develop and manufacture a 100% new design in 6 months. The bike will almost certainly use existing engines and frames unless it is a 1 off, very early prototype. Maybe the next generation 70 degree husaberg slant engine? Something that was already in the works prior to the buyout?
    Xcuvator likes this.
  19. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I'd say the only "new" bikes will be a 250 and 450 motocrosser...
    The rest will be existing design with cosmetic changes (bergs with Huskys clothes)
  20. DIRK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200C
    news just in today; ( Dealer News 16 May 13)Husqvarna and Husaberg will be united new bikes will be shown in October in Sweden, they will be shown at EICMA show in Milian. the new company will be based in Mattighofen Austria. company name to be Husqvarna Sportcycle