1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

How many miles on your husky and what problems?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jrmobb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    2011 TE630, 8,800 miles. Pronounced dead two weeks ago- rod banged through the bottom case. Either the rod itself, or some kind of tiny nugget w/in the engine broke off and by dumb luck was right under the rod on the downstroke.
  3. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    1,600 miles just over 63 hours, 2007 TE450
    image.jpg carburetor to cylinder head union failing. Just this morning discovered this. Some silicon sealant until I can get a new part.

Also saw this.... image.jpg
    Left side of photo where the airbox receives the crankcase vent from the cylinder head valve cover.
    The rubber airbox nipple is failing. I think I will cap the airbox there and put a small K&N vent filter on the breather hose.
    In the brief time of use of my TE, only minimal vapors have gone into the airbox, no quantity loss noted from engine oil.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    1450 Miles. Addition of full ZipTy oil recirculation system running 1300cc Mobil1 0W-40 oil and JD tuner. Still on stock muffler.
    Still not enough time to ride. Checked valve clearance around 1200 mi and well in spec.
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Last posted in April 2013, at 14,000 miles, now at 19,000 miles, on my 4th fuel pump, 20th rear tire, hard to believe I ran it at 60mph for 50 miles with no coolant at 6,000 miles....the engine is indestructible.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    JonXX likes this.
  6. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    Above 6000km of trail riding and single tracks. No problems. 2 chains and sprocket kits, 3 rear and 2 front tyres, many many oil changes. :)
  7. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    05 TE 450 basket case unknow miles, I have started to work on her. Front and rear wheel bearings replaced rear swing arm and linkage bearings along with rear shock rebuild and new tyres. New front and rear brake pads and pins, not forgeting new intake mainfold. after a short run even though she's a little down on compression but not burning oil there are now metal particles all around the oil filter so it now looks like time for a motor rebuild.

2007 TE 450 6000 miles Awesome bike other than normal maintenance oil and filter every second ride and a clean air filter every ride.
    the only thing a had to do was to service the rear shock, replace the rear linkage bearings and brake pads nothing much. oh and lots of tyres i cannot smile enough every time i ride this bike.

New one to me 2010 husky te 510 3000 miles havent ridden it yet, other than fitting a new chain and sprockets, front and rear brake pads and tyres not forgetting a grease up. oil and filters and a couple minor cosmetic changes thats all. Time will tell but if she is as good as all the other huskys ive had she will be a keeper for life.
    ripnriding, JonXX and OlderHuskyRider like this.