1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

How many miles on your husky and what problems?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jrmobb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

TE 250 now has 10,000ms and about 356 hrs on it. Still runs great. Each intake has been adjusted only once. Bike has been a rock.

TXC has about 3900 kms and 150 hrs. It was converted to a 310 at 93 hours. Not a single issue I can think of other than the fuel tank had a leak from the factory & was replaced under warranty - Oh and the rear shock seal blew a few weeks ago- it had been revalved/serviced last year.
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

2006 TE510 bought new, with JD jetting from dealer.
    When I first got it, had a fading clutch problem after high speed road use. Turned out to be a pinched crank case evac line, easily fixed.

Next problem was in 2010 TAT attempt, Overheating due to cracked recovery bottle, leaking oil line, crimp on banjo fitting let go, couple days later, kickstand snapped while getting ready to gas it up. Rewelded by a great bunch of guys at 4x4 jamboree I was riding by.
    Bad vibration same day, thought it was the engine giving up, it wasn't. After getting home & spending mucho dinero to find the problem & coming up empty I concluded it was one of the rim lock's. Rubber separated & drifted towards second rim lock. Vibration was so bad even at very slow speed I thought it had to be the engine.

Latest issue was again clutch fading and being unable to bleed it. Turns out it was due to a new clutch lever that I didn't have properly adjusted.

Still on the original battery, no issues. Valve's were all in spec, but I shimmed them out to max spec last year just for peace of mind.
    About 6000 miles on the odo.
    Regular oil & filter changes using mostly Mobile 1 synthetic, 10-50. Can't find it around here any more. Will probably switch to Spectro, that's what I'm running ATM.

All in all a fun and reliable bike, well except for last year in my TAT attempt when numerous issues arose in the matter of a few days, as listed above.
  3. 2005 TE510 5000 miles
    Wears out rear wheel brgs, chain, sprockets, suspension components, brakes, tyres,etc but that's quite Ok cause I'm a big bloke and only ride single trail.
    Change oil every 300 miles and clean air filter after every ride (It's either dusty or wet in Australia)
    Broken clutch piston but motors still going strong.
  4. Laura Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 (2011) 12port/ECU/Rekluse
    I'm almost ready to trade in my 2007 KLX 250 for a 2011 TE 250. Just ordering a few cosmetic parts and then going to clean off all the dirt and grime. Go figure that the front fender for my KLX is $80 and the Husky is $35.... Hope to get top dollar for the trade in. I'm so excited and can't wait for my new ride. I'd like to find some other ladies who own TE 250's and see how they like it. I can't wait to have a bike that i can actually pick up when I dump it.. LOL

Laura
  5. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

2005 TE250/310 rebuild at 2800 miles [crank bearing]. 3600 miles now. No valve work & still in spec. Monthly maint. routine along with oil changes every 200 miles & filters at 400. Along the way I had problems with clutch fading & bleeding issues but only 1 set of clutches at 3200 miles. Same set of rear wheel bearings, rear shock & lingage bearings, & sterring stem bearings but greased a lot.[I will be replacing soon-parts on work bench] Replaced a lot of plastic, tires & brake pads but only 1 drive chain & rear sprocket but numerous front sprockets. 48 modifications have been made for personal fit & better performance & for protection. So dependable I can't seem to part with it. A single track pace setter for sure:)
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    08 TXC250 -- ~850 hrs -- ~14,500 miles

No real issues other than maintenance type things .... a water pump seal went out, o-ring in clutch slave pump went out, valves needed to be shimmed a few times ... SA, linkage, wheel bearings changed, sprockets \ chain changed ...JD Jetting added ... Somehow I bent the spring retaining cup in one fork ... replaced clutch steel braided hose ... fenders finally needed to be replaced ... chain slide and guide replaced

Street ridden
    100_1421.JPG

Track ridden
    CarCar_2011_Jmp_1.jpg

Trail ridden
    IMG_0962.JPG

I wish I had a second one just like it ....
  7. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

So a quick update. maybe 2500 miles. I bought an ims tank and that started leaking on me last ride. Hopefully its just a silicone fix on gasket. other that all is still good and reliable in the husky world :)
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If yours is EFI, the tank is not made well around the edge of the fuel pump hole, it deforms and creates valleys in between the bolts, causing it to leak, did it on 2 IMS tanks fr me, I sent them both back.

[IMG]
  9. moore510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250 2009 txc510 2013 txc310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 yamaha yz400 2015 yamaha yz250f
    2009 TXC510 500 miles
    Replaced a fork seal and changed fork oil and springs
    Clutch master cyl. is leaking at the plunger.
    Change oil and clean air filter regualry
    I love this bike it runs great tons of power.

2009 TXC250 unknown mileage
    This is my wifes bike change the oil and clean air filter.
    She has had it for 2 years still has the original tires.
    JD jet kit, motosportz kickstand, zeta handgaurds.
    The bike runs awesome.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    What? Two years on the same tires?? :eek:

You need to take that gal riding more often :lol:

Welcome to Cafe Husky :cheers:
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hi, Laura! Welcome to CafeHusky! There's a gal here that rides a TE 250, I think her name is TE 250 Girl ...oddly enough :D
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Checking in again. Not much else has happened since the last post. 3000 more miles (for a total of 8000 miles and over 350 hours), sprockets and chain, revalve suspension, tires, the other fork seal went out. I finally had to re-shim an intake valve at 7800 miles (it was a half thousandths under spec).
  13. moore510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 txc250 2009 txc510 2013 txc310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 yamaha yz400 2015 yamaha yz250f
    I take her riding all the time. The stock tires are holding up really well.
    Thank you for welcoming me to cafe husky.
  14. Mik Husqvarna

09 TE450

Purchased Oct 11 with 1600km now has 2500km.

• The alloy wheel bushes chop out from the seals and now need replacing
    • Rear linkage/swingarm bearings need regular cleaning re-greasing and probably regular seal replacement.
    • Stalls pretty easily
    • Front and rear (particularly rear) wheel bearings under too much preload in the hubs, just discovered a shattered R/H side rear all 3 only 500 km old.
    • Snapped inlet camshaft at L/H side bearing, suspect insuficient radius at the step down.
    • Bad contact on 1 fuse caused "fail" message and no fuel pump operation.
    • HT coil lead contacts at coil and plug cap can be a problem + I may have a suspect resistor in the plug cap itself as well.
    Having owned and raced dozens of dirtbikes since the early 80's this is my first husky and it's not off to a good start. Having said that I'm not about to give up on it as it really is something special to ride.
  15. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    05 TE 450 has around 3000+ miles. Hard to tell because the speedo hadn't worked for a while when I got it. I replaced the wheel bearings and suspension bearings right after I got it and the clutch slave just before putting a Rekluse in it. That's about it. It has a chronic film of fine dust in the top of the carb though and if I don't finally find the cause will have future ramifications.
  16. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    I have 2 huskies - 07 TC250 & SMR 450/530. The TC I rebuilt when I got it 2 years ago because previous owner cracked case and their mechanic did a poor job assembling it. It now has about 50hrs running and no hiccups whatsoever. Just need to get a JD jet kit to help with carburation.
    The SMR is an exclusive race bike and put 15 hrs on the 450 engine while I built up the spare engine to a 530, then raced that in the latter half of the season (about 12hrs use). Again, no issues at all. I change oil on the race bike after each race weekend, and on the dirt bike probably twice a year.
    This season I'm putting my spare 450 engine in the 250 frame to do the endurance ice racing season (6 hr races). We'll see how it holds out.
  17. AGR31 Husqvarna
    B Class

Bought my 2010 TE 450 brand new. It has been everywhere with me. It now has 8200 km on it and running great. My original tank was to small so I put the 3 gal ims tank on. No problems.
    So far I changed:

Tires (many many tires:)
    oil every 5oo km
    air filter (whenever extremely dirty)
    at 7000 km I replaced original chain and sprockets
    changing linkage and swingarm bearings over the holidays. first time.

I absolutely love this bike.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My water pump seal went out at ~850 hrs or so ... The pump shaft needs replacing also ... You might wanna replace yours at the 5-600 hr mark as a preventive maintenance item ....

Attached Files:

19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yesterday. On the 630 (8000 kms). It just stopped on the German Autobahn. While waiting for help, took the saddle off --- and found that the tool set had scuffed its way through a black mass connection. T´was f****** COLD!
  20. JOSEPH Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 HD Road King/04 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2011 brand new te449 fikk up the second tank of gas and it leaks profusely all down the rear of the bike. the tank was filled to the cap but that has dripped out to a lower level and still leaks