1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

How many miles on your husky and what problems?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jrmobb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. rt3856 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011TE449
    200 Mi on my 2011 TE449.
    Some oil dripping from air box, likely from being on it's side a few times. Every ride I lioke it more and more.
    Did an iron man ride a couple weeks ago worked great. Doing Virginia City Grand Prix in a week.
    Just did first oil change, little "very little" debrie on magnetic plug, nothing on the screens at all.
    had a few flame outs to begin with but figured it out. Rider error.
  2. jobe0505 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449 & cr50
    Other Motorcycles:
    pee wee
    TE449 2011

6 months old the head set bearings siezed. The water got in through the hollow steering tube, then through the slot for the steering lock. Used liqued steel to block the top and bottom of the steering tube. Fixed that design falt.

2000km and 12 months old. I noticed the left red side plate rubbing a groove on the fuel tank. I just linished the curved edge off red side plate to reduce the rubbing.

After about 6 or 7 rides the seat split on the lower edge on both sides. Husky replaced under warranty, but the new seat did it again within the same amount of rides. They wouldn't replace the second time. So now I just put up with two X 2 inch splits on either side of the seat.

From new the clock on the speedo/dash wouldn't keep time. New one under warranty was no better. So I just carry a watch instead of worry about it.

And it chews up rear tyres. But you get that when you like turning that thing on the right side of the bars.

I love the bike though and cantg wait for every new Sunday.
  3. jobe0505 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449 & cr50
    Other Motorcycles:
    pee wee
    I found that if I put in any more than 1.1 litres, it blows the excess out the breathers which feed into the air box. You'll find oil dripping out of there after the first ride after every oil change.
  4. rt3856 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011TE449
    Little tip here.
    If you lay over your 449 tip it back up and wait a minute or two before starting.
    I have a tendancy to ride faster than I should and fall sometimes. after my initial oil in airbox experience I learned this trick.
    read and re-read the manual and fill accoringly no more issue for me so far.
    did the virginia city grand prix, some serious hard riding. changed oil after 70mi just because. looked good no debrie on plug screens cleen and filter of course was fairly clean. no oil on filter from crank.
    This bike is sweet!:D oh yeah that smile was on my face while riding this race.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 08 TXC250:

~950 Hrs ... BigEnd bearing went out
    100_6088.JPG

~1,010 hrs -- Cam shaft bearings (4) needed changing .... These are a real pain as the timing gear on the cam shaft is not keyed and needs to be pressed off ...

My speed-o-meter stopped at ~21,000 KM ... But I'd estimate my bike has 25,000 Ks when the big end bearing failed ...
  6. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Just over 300 and no problems to report 2011 TE310. Changing over to race map 1 made a huge difference! Now I can't wait to change to some real tires.

[IMG]
  7. shags Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 sm510
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650, buell1125cr ,hinda crf230
    2110 510 sm with only 502 miles.Replacing the fuel pump, good thing warranty is still good pump runs $570.
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    2008 TE 250/300
    1900 miles total.
    Oil and filter changes every 300-500 miles
    No issues. No tuner, just iBeat and it does access all 3 settings on this bike, not just one as typical for 2008 models
    Uptite throttle tube, skid plate, axle nut, oil filler cap, exhaust. Maxxis Desert rear, Bridgestone front. Soft seat foam and foot pegs lowered by cutting and flipping.

Always warm up engine MINIMUM of 3 minutes. Oil filter has bypass untill heat and viscosity is right then filter is engaged. Take off with cold oil and you send UNFILTERED oil through engine. Without bypass thick oil and pressures while cold might collapse filter...

2012 TE310 pretty much the same but just getting broken in and powered up. In fact should be getting bike back with new Uptite exhaust today.

Attribute good work and advice from George (Uptite Racing) for quality bike owning experience.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    IMAG0644.jpg 2011 TE 449 349 miles.

MAJOR PROBLEM ! Not enough time to ride ! :thumbsdown:

Only gripe is that it came from the dealer with more loose nuts and bolts than congress.

First three out of four rides I came home with a bolt or two less.

Here's a pic from yesterday's ride. Can't wait for the next one!

Me Soooo happy!
    Desertyucca likes this.
  10. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Me too!
    I've heard lots of loose nuts & bolt stories. The only one that I lost was an ignition switch bolt. I bought my bike from Hall's, who says they go through the bike and grease/tighten everything before shipping. Considering how tight and well greased things are on my bike after thousands of miles, I don't doubt that claim.
  11. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2009 TE450 that that I purchased as a new leftover. Over the last two years of ownership odometer reads just over 8000 miles, probably a tad more. I've had 4 broken speedo wires. I have had to replace the fuel pump at 6000 miles. I think the newer one is on its way out as its feeling sluggish and starting to backfire.

I recently replaced the clutch hose due to a loose fitting near the slave, and while at it replaced the old X-ring with a new updated piston and X-ring. PROPS TO 7602 for free upgrade. My rear brake hose has worn a groove on my engine case, I'm glad I found that. I am still on the stock clutch and I have had the valves adjusted twice. I change the oil 500-800 miles and have no grit or metal on the plug.

I have blown thru 5 sets of fork seals. I have not had a blown fork seal in over 6 months. That is when I tried the seal savers. My shock needs an oil change now. The hand-guards, skid plate, disc and rad-guards are still doing their job well.
  12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Try replacing the fuel filter first. For $5 it's a bargain. This is the second time I've replaced mine, actually the third, I put the auto filter on at 1000 miles with a new pump, then replaced with the same auto filter at 6000 miles, and just replaced again at 8500 miles. My symptoms were backfiring, stuttering, coughing, it would clear up after a while, but I knew what it was from the previous time. I run sweep on many group rides, in heavy dust and I believe the filter is doing a great job filtering the gas as it runs all the time, with most of the gas just recycling out the pressure regulator and then back thru the pump and filter again. For $5, I don't mind replacing it every 2000 miles.
    [IMG]
    Daveb511 likes this.
  13. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

07 TE450 purchased brand new in 07
    6238 mi. and 362 hours. Installed rekluse @ 200mi. Uptite "Y" thingy installed. JD jet kit from new. Oil changed every 600 to 700 mi. I have used Shell Rotella syn (blue jug) from first oil change @ 100mi. Service air filter when needed. Shimmed 1 valve only once. My trip ODO quit working a while back but I put on an ODO that I could reset to any tenth I needed so that doesn't matter to me. Had suspension done @ 1000 mi. not that it needed anything other than "personalizing". Replaced battery. Other than that, this bike has been bullet proof. Most of the miles are hard single track enduro type riding with some national Dual Sport type rides thown in. Has been a "solid" bike.
  14. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Here's the thread I was looking for...Good to see some high mileage husky's!! Bought mine this year, 3rd owner of a 2007 Te450 with an estimated 10000 km (speedo no longer keeps track of mileage) Have been using my Garmin 705 to track km/hrs for fuel range and servicing. So far...have replaced valve cover gasket, had valves shimmed (all out of spec), had to retap and re helicoil one of the metal oil filter bolt(s). Will have the forks revalved (too squishy and leaky) shortly. Essentially, just trying to ride this thing but the weather and trails are not cooperating!!. My mountain bike looks angry on the hook in the garage and have sold a road bike last week accepting the fact that all of my free time will be going towards riding and wrenching on this new obsession!:D
  15. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
  16. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    So how true is the comets about the 2years out of the US .
  17. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I last posted in Oct 2011, at 4000 miles, up until then, no problems except for a clogged up fuel pump.

Since then, I had a host of problems, almost all due to a high heat incident I had at about 6000 miles (my fault it happened), ran the rads out of fluid and rode 50 miles home at 60mph. Bike survived but some of the casualties were: intake boot cracked; head bolts loosened; one rad hose melted; water pump seal melted and pump shaft got scored; head gasket got compromised and finally showed symptoms and got replaced 7000 miles later.

Other issues: clutch plates got chattery, replaced them with CRF450 $60 plates, had to shorten the clutch rod a bit; several wires rubbed bare;

Almost at 14,000 miles, shooting to get to 20,000 miles before piston and rings. Been through about 13 rear tires and the bike has always made me smile, street and dirt.
    [IMG]
    ripnriding likes this.
  18. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    2010 TXE310 (full power engine) 2000km

Preventative maintenance:
    -Replace oil and oil filter every 500km's
    -Clean and oil Air filter every ride
    -Check and repack grease in head stem, linkages and wheel bearings every 12 months
    -Check Wheel Bearings every 6 months.

Stuff that went wrong (as compared to worn out or broken by the rider):
    -Yuasa battery went open circuit and died without warning at ~1000km.
    -Linkage bearings didn't have much grease from new and rusted out in 12 months (alerted to it by squeaks in the suspension).
    -50mm Marzocchi Shiver fork oil seals leaking (x2 sets). Shortened springs inside dust and oil seals by 10mm and no leaks since. Standard seals don't seem to have enough tension.
    -Speedo sensor cable went intermittent at 1800km. Replaced.
    -Would start fine when cold but a pig when warm or hot. Giving it some throttle made it start sounding like a rich 2 stroke then it would clear it's throat and run OK. The engine progressively developed more power and the hot start issue went away after around 1000km after the engine bedded in (valve clearances checked and within tolerance). The TXE power-up mods removed the oxy sensor so my guess was it is running too rich for a new, tight engine however works great once it loosens up.

What I love about the bike:
    Light, fast and great fuel economy
    Hydraulic Clutch
    Brembo stoppers
    EFI - No Jetting to worry about
  19. franciscollin Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 510 2010
    I te 510 2010 10000km
    I changed the radiator fan
    the sensor
    the intake (ruber) between injection and engine
    In the winter I ride with a caterpillar adboivin explore.

have you had any other problem with your husky?

[IMG]
    268fords likes this.
  20. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think Im at around 3500 miles now, Just my damn leaking forks. Tried fixing myself once but it failed. Havent been riding it much last few years or any in the last year year but Its going to get some use here soon. I might stop by Hall's and have my valves checked and fix my leaky forks in a few weeks.

Prob replace all the plastics since ive crashed so much they look horrible haha