1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

How many miles on your husky and what problems?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Jrmobb, Mar 19, 2010.

1. huskyaus Husqvarna
    C Class

09 te510
    bad news i'm afraid
    cases scored from factory where barrell joins..gasket changed / cases machined / new cases..
    speedo got wet..replaced
    clutch plate broken from new..replaced
    radiator fan broke...replaced
    now in shop again...electrics..who knows..
    not what i wanted..just pisses me off being in the shop so often..
    mates..09 te510
    spining tank bolt holes
    radiator fan
    stickers..
    spoke to mechanic and they are doing 3-4 warranty repairs a day..
  2. Brand-o Husqvarna
    B Class

08 SMR510
    bought it used in April of this year with ~800 miles on it.
    Change the oil at about 500 miles and oil filter every other oil change
    checked valves at 800 miles and 2500 miles, nothing out of spec
    had this happen about a month ago at ~2600 miles:

[IMG]

(those little chunks of metal on the bottom left corner of the piston crown should be attached to the piston in that empty space in the top right)
  3. HuskyT Moderator

2005 TC450

310 Hours

Yes ... it is a 2005
    [IMG]

Primarily MX track riding:

Glen Helen SRA GP racing
    Cahuilla MX
    MileStone MX

+ occassional desert /off road rides
    Baja
    Malcolm Smith Soboba Invitational
    Plaster City
    Superstition
    McCain Valley
    Big Bear
    High Desert /Stoddard/ Hodge

1 broken shifter shaft $50 at approx 295 hours
    Stripped oil check screw - Helicoil $15 ( had a nice tap with it) I'm a dumbass.. I knew better....
    Adjusted valves one time
    Magura Slave Piston o-rings gave up at 300 hours - replaced with 7602 racing kit ($40 value)

Have religiously ran Golden Spectro Full Synthetic Raceoil or Castrol R4S Full Synthetic Oil since day one with oil changes about every 3 to 4 hours of run/race time.

T
  4. montanaman Husqvarna
    A Class

What is the warranty on a 2011 TE 250. The dealer was a little vague..
  5. Logroller Husqvarna
    AA Class

6 months is it with the manufacturer. Now if you are out of the US, you get a 2 year warranty. Go figure.

Individual dealers might vary on this some (they might extend the warranty at their own cost), but I can't imagine you getting more than a 1 year warranty. They are dirties.

See below, it should be the same for 2011 as it has been this way for yeeeeaars. Also, do modifications that are not manufacturer made i.e., power up kit, the word is OH NO, no more warranty!

All 2010 TE250, TE310, TE450, TE510 and SMR450/510 receive a 6 month manufacturer's warranty in the USA

All 2011 TE250, TE310, TE449, TE511 and SMR449/511 receive a 6 month manufacturer's warranty in the USA

All 610/630's have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty in the USA

All competition units (TXC, TC, WR's, etc) receive a 30 day warranty which is quite restrictive in what it will actually cover.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Yes to 6 months, for new, with NO mods.

If you or the dealer does the PowerUp, the warranty is reduced to the competition warranty, 30 days.

My dealer was real vague as well. He didn't lie, but he didn't tell the truth, he sucks.
    tonskiguy likes this.
  7. Logroller Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know there is some play with individual dealers. I got my '06 with 12hrs/200miles, a power up kit (not sure if it is Husky or another brand) and they said it was a demo bike. I still got the 6 month warranty. I used it too. Jetting was a little funky - motor popping more than usual and engine dying trying to start acceleration. Also, got my manifold replaced for free as it had some cracks. Weird for low hours and being inside. Oh, got the kick stand kill switch replaced as well. Although, I never put it back on. Hmm, I should probably sell that as it is new in the package.
  8. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    2010 TE310 bought in May of 2011. 600 miles and absolutley no problems...bone stock execpt for a uptite muffler. George did the power up.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    never had a mechanical on 5 Husky's to date. Mostly kept till 4000Km's and change oil and air filter very regularly. Also put a touch of 2 stroke fully syn in the tank 100:1 to act as a top ring lube and protect valves and valve seats. Run Iridiums alway starts regardless of temps.

maintain all steering head and swing arm bearings circa twice a year.
    Only ever replaced consumables-only ride st so never really over 4K rpm's
  10. OzzyTXC Husqvarna
    C Class

2009 TXC450

2200 Km
    Motul5100 every couple of rides,
    this baby hauls

awesome bike except those forks were HARSH
    Revalved, resprung now :banana:
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

630 SM - 7500 kms: some small bits have fallen off & had to be replaced (nothing serious). Had a bad patch where the steering wobbled at speed (turned out to have been badly balanced new tyres).
  12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    2010 TE450
    4,000 miles, dual sporting miles, lotsa pavement, as much dirt as I can get
    Castrol 10/50 full syn pretty often, always with filter and screen clean
    Other than a clogged up fuel pump (from low use from first owner), I have had no problems, no boil overs (I believe the PowerUp was done very rich), no parts falling off, adjusted the valves twice, both times they were loose and I used thicker shims to take up the slack.

The bike hauls, the forks are harsh, the choice of aftermarket gas tanks sucks.

Picture is from south of Cloudcroft, New Mexico, about 8,000 feet elevation, October, 2011.

[IMG]
  13. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

2005 TE-510 (bought new in June 2007)
    1935 miles, approx 110 hrs. Probably about 70% mtn single track, 25% faster fun desert trail, 5% ho-hum dirt road/pavement
    (long work hours, family obligations, hunting and short riding season has kept riding time and miles pretty low in last few years)
    Oil/Filter changes every +/-300 miles
    Air filter cleaned after most rides.
    Pop/die flame out crap a lot at first, but jetting, adjustable fuel screw, leak jet, AP mods and a PowerNow have reduced that 90+%
    Crash damaged radiator/hose, replaced w/OEM
    Coolant catch tank cap melted (related to above damage), replaced w/OEM
    Bad radiator cap, replaced w/CV4 20psi
    Valves regularly checked and still in spec, no adjustments needed to date
    Stock chain master link broke last spring. I suspect o-rings weaken during its first two years in storage, and I missed seeing any issues
    Had some personal mods done to suspension and accessories added, but this bike has been very reliable, and has actually been a low maintence bike........especially when considering the performance level.
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I've scratched the plastic a little ....2000 miles.
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    2011 TE630, 9000 miles

oil pump cover leak
    replaced cover & gaskets under warranty, did not fix the problem
    replaced whole right side engine cover, oil pump cover, and all gaskets under warranty, fixed the problem

gauge cluster not water tight
    replaced under warranty, gauge accidentally set up for the SM630
    replaced under warranty again (so I could get one set up for the TE) - purchased the SM gauge at a steep discount for future SM conversion that I'll probably never do

clutch master cylinder leak
    replaced cover and gasket under warranty, did not fix the problem
    replaced whole master cylinder under warranty, fixed the problem temporarily
    installed master cylinder rebuild kit (not under warranty), fixed the problem (but still not convinced it's permanent)

valve clearance
    shimmed 3 of 4 valves at 6000 miles on the odometer

drivetrain
    replaced both sprockets and chain at 9000 miles

lots of oil changes, lots of tires!
  16. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    2006 TE510, 900 miles

Radiator cross over hose blew out, leaving me stranded in the hills. Replaced it with a automotive FI hose, been fine since.

Must keep battery on a tender. The starter requires a fully charged battery to turn it over.

Broke kick start lever, probably known early bad design.

Breaks levers when I drop it:p
  17. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    2010 SM510R
    5500 km
    Oil change every 500 km, and at the same time the filter
    Clean the air cleaner of the dirty looks

Horn has been broken, while miraculous electrical fault
    Clutch piston / seals leaked I think is leaking again
    Clutch steel braided hose cross / frayed
  18. motogo1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2009 TE310
    6000 miles
    I guess I'm lucky. Bought the bike in like new condition with 1000 miles on it. In the 5000 miles I've had it, other than consumables, I've replaced 2 items. The radiator fan and the swing arm bearings (if I had greased them earlier, maybe they wouldn't have failed). I ride in NE, so it's rocks, mud, roots and more rocks. A VERY trouble free bike. Change the oil about every 1000 mi., adjusted one valve,,once. It does use a little oil now. Maybe I'll give her a new piston/rings this Winter. I love this bike...I also have an 06 TE610 with 19,000 miles. Only a few problems. 011 SMR630 with 2500 miles and absolutely no problems,,,and lotsa smiles.
  19. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

2006 TE-250 2600 miles. Mostly single track at McCain Valley, Big Bear, or Corral Cyn. Several longer rides in Ocotillo and the Bishop area. IMS 3.9 gal tank. Lots of oil changes, two front tires, on the third rear. Lots of excuses for not getting out, but I try to make it at least once a month. 12/48 gearing for the tight stuff, 13 or 14/48 for everywhere else. !cid_A5064650C7914101827FA4FB11A44E6C@YOURZJV42YZCY1.jpg

2009 TE-610 2700 miles. 14/45 gearing. It's still on the stock front tire, second rear. 6.6 gal Safari tank, XPC seat, 1-1/2" lowered and re-valved suspension by Precision Concepts. Only issue so far is the battery died 30 miles in the hills from the nearest town (Lakeview, OR) and I had to be towed by my buddies Xchallange. Other than that it's been great. And I'm taking it up to Idyllwild tomorrow.
    P1000099.JPG P1000124.JPG

R/

Mike
  20. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 TE 450- needed a new bearing where the shock mounts to the linkage and the rad fan broke. Suspension was pretty bad and harsh in the front until a revalve and is now better. 120 HRS of mostly single track but recently converted for mostly D/S. Did all the "mini" mods before anything failed; strapped fuel pump, replaced rad cross over hose, metal plated air box where the exhaust nearly meets it ect. Been a great bike!

11 TE 250. I think my temp sensor failed today or got water in the connection and went goofy. Ill dry it out and dielectric grease the heck out of it and order a spare just in case. Nothing else. Approx 20 hrs. Fantastic bike. Will be ultra fantastic when I get the suspension dialed in, im getting close.