How many miles? Post your ODO!

Discussion in '610/630' started by JonXX, Jun 30, 2013.

1. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I've seen this on other boards, haven't seen it here...So yes I'm totally stealing this idea. Talking to Bryon at BMP the other day it seems like maybe there are only a few 610's with tons of miles on them. Post your ODO! Maybe a sticky as an "annual check-in" kind of thing?

My 2007 SM610. I bought it in July 2010 with five thousand and change on it. At 19k I did the cam chain. I haven't had any "leave me walking" failures, just the random things falling off. It's been up and down the west coast, mostly on pavement, but it ran 1141 miles of OBDR dirt goodness last summer, as well as some weekends in the woods in the winters.

[IMG]
    Coffee and rajobigguy like this.
  2. blueknob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 harley davidson superglide
    awesome, my 07 only has about 4900 on the clock, this makes me feel pretty good
    JonXX likes this.
  3. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Christ, I hope my 630 is still running strong at 43k!!
    sanvara and trav72 like this.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Very impressive Jon!
    So you have only done the cam chain? No problem with rocker pins, rockers, clutch spring washers etc etc? Do you have a cush rear hub?
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, just the cam chain. No significant top end component wear. Last time I ran the valves I expected that I might need to flip the rocker shafts, but nope. Amsoil for the win, I guess. No clutch issues other than breaking cables. I'm thinking this winter after it hits 50k I'll treat it to a teardown and refreshening, a couple gears are starting to whine a little bit and the countershaft splines are showing wear. No cush hub, I read recently that Woody's developed one, I might look into that, it should help it stop eating as many sprockets.

Bryon keeps telling me that eventually I'm gonna have to buy a new bike cos this one's gonna die...I don't wanna, I love this bike!
    4eyes, rajobigguy and WoodsChick like this.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Good to hear. I'm surprised you haven't seen clutch spring washers bits in the screens though.
    I think a cush hub would save wear on all the parts between the piston to (and including) the tire tread when riding on hard surface. $$$ though.
    Nice thing about Huskys is the wheels have been the same so long that you would have no problem selling the cush hub down the line.
    I want one.I have been running Rotella synthetic but after hearing your story, I may switch. Which one do you use?
  7. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The only things that I've found in the screens were the excess plastic stator/reluctor resin like everyone else has found, and a small piece of wire, like part of a retaining ring or something...That was two years ago after riding it for about 20 miles with a broken clutch cable, I had to make three dead stop slams into first gear. I use Amsoil's 10w40 motorcycle oil. I change it every couple months or so.
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  8. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    It should ...had my 630 since june 2010...32,000 km's showing now.Engine had a tear down at 30,000...new rings,cam chain&gears and crank bearings( showing some wear)...for another 60 bucks it was a no brainer to have them changed. Clutch was in great shape along with the valves showing very little wear , As long as valve checks dont change, no need to change them for now.
    JonXX likes this.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can´t, as my display was waterlogged and had to be replaced.
    JonXX likes this.
  10. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Same, and even spent a long time with an incorrectly calibrated replacement. But I'm at around 12,000 on my 630. My current display says about 3500 or so.
    JonXX likes this.
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Me, too :(

My display quit working for good at 19,XXX miles. I've got a really good record of the mileage, though, and I'm over 22,000 miles now.
    `07 SM610 bought new in `08. Most of those miles were logged off road. No issues whatsoever other than the cam chain. Replaced it at less than 4000 miles (can't remember exactly) and the OEM one I replaced it with has been perfect ever since. Most favorite bike ever! :love:
    Coffee and JonXX like this.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I have a spreadsheet that calculates my actual mileage based on the original dash, GPS readings from the time I spent with the SM calibrated dash, and the current dash's mileage.
    JonXX likes this.
  13. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bummer on the dash failures. Mine has some issues with indicator lights (high beam indicator is always on, low fuel light doesn't work, turn signal indicators don't work), but the display itself works 100% other than when the stars come into alignment and I have to pull the battery cable for a few seconds (only had to do that three times, and not on a regular basis).
  14. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ticked over 50k miles this week. It's been kind of a low-mileage summer/fall :(
    WoodsChick and Xcuvator like this.
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    ~12,500 on the 630.
    JonXX likes this.
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Jon, you should really try to find some time to ride that neglected 610 of yours.
    It's gonna go to hell just wasting away in your garage.
    JonXX and Coffee like this.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    When you are tired of the rain & cold this winter, ride on down and warm up. :)
    JonXX likes this.
  18. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    I have a 2000 sm 610 with just over 13000 km on it. So I hope to get as many miles out of it as I can
    JonXX likes this.
  19. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Time to freshen up. I think I got some clutch spring washer bits on the magnet this time.

610ododec212013.jpg 610out.jpg 610nosoul.jpg
    Xcuvator likes this.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles: