1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Hakkalugi's TE150

Discussion in '2st' started by hakkalugi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yes the ping is interesting. Mine is still slightly on the lean side and I should raise the rod another 1/4 turn but it runs perfectly. I didn't have any pings at all at 1-2K elevations last winter with the same jetting and I am running ~97 octane. What head insert are you running?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Also my poor bikes are having to lug around a short, fat load of dead weight. 3 months of inactivity nursing my shoulder didn't help.
    Picklito, hakkalugi and Norman Foley like this.
  3. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    had ping since the day I bought it especially bad with the stock carb. Only engine 'mods' are v4 reeds & lectron.
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Have you checked squish and compression?
  5. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    My comp. gauge went through a series of unfortunate events involving a truck tire & concrete floor, i should probably get a new one. & ive never checked squish nor do I know how to. I assumed with a brand new bike everything had been looked over before it was delivered to me (yes, I know what they say about assuming).
  6. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Just got off the phone with the dealer, service manager was pretty informative. He said hes seen some of these bikes come in above to 200psi mark as far as compression (should be around 180-190) so I def need to give that a look. Also said maybe to advance ignition timing a little bit. Gonna start with compression check. He also said try experimenting with some different oil & fuels. Im almost out of maxima, ive ran amsoil maybe ill try some klotz or belray?
  7. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting that your dealer has seen 200+ stock!

Gauges vary, but my '18 150 runs 150 psi, cranking till it maxes out. That's a little low for me, but there is absolutely no ping with pump gas at that lower pressure. Although cranking pressure is just a rough estimate of what the engine sees when running, I generally agree with the target of around 180-190psi... you gotta start somewhere!

Squish on mine is .048-.050" using the solder test. Head is out right now for a mild cut. As above, hoping to move toward that 180psi and a little tighter squish. It tends to make the engine a little snappier off the bottom, jetting easier, and a bit less octane sensitive.

I used to be into the high compression stuff. But now I'm lazy and want to run pump gas. I'd rather keep it conservative, use the pump swill, and still not have to band-aid it with rich jetting.

Bottom line... if pinging you need to replace your gauge and figure it out.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My 150 was also in the 150 psi range stock. The 200 plus is a bit mystifying. Please check and let us know.
  9. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Gonna borrow a friends compression gauge tonight ill keep you guys posted. Any leads on a larger diameter grip? I like the stock clamp ons but my hands wrap around pretty far causing my calices to try to fold which winds up making them very sore for a few days. The ODI EMIG clamp ons look a little bigger but its hard to tell online & no where around here really sells any kind of variety of grip besides your standard protaper pillow tops or waffles.
  10. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Pillow top.... Rocky Mountain you prolly get next day
  11. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Try the "ProGrip" 737 rally. They are a bit larger diameter than most grips. They take away much of the vibration. "I have hand and gripping issues myself". These seem to last forever (for me anyway). I run them on both of my bikes. They are very tacky and sticky.

Pro_Grip_737_Rally_Grips_Blue_detail_1__94690_1421788110_400_400.jpg
    NCSteve, hakkalugi and johnnyboy like this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    ^trying those next. Hated the pillow tops
  13. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Had pillow tops on my YZ450 they were meh not really much bigger than a regular grip, i ordered the ODI's earlier, I try to stick to clamp on style grips but if im not happy with em ill give those 737's a shot I saw lots of people liked em, some hated em. Id prolly enjoy the extra width.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  14. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I glue mine on with Gorilla brand super glue and double loop .030 safety wire twice around the grip in the grips inner most and outer most grooves. I have never had one budge or come loose.

The outer diameter of these grips installed is 33mm or 1.300" and this is a pair that's been on my FE 501 for nearly 2 years or more.

I run Cycra handguards so I have to punch the ends out. I use a 7/8" dia piece of .060 wall 4130 tubing that is sharpened from the inside edge out. It punches the end out with a perfect slug being removed every time.

If I remove a pair to replace them I cut them off with a razor blade and peel off any remains with a knife but these things have lasted me well over 100 hours or more. I keep a few new pairs of these grips on hand but I have really never had to replace them from them actually being worn out or chewed up. Only replace them because I went from blue to black.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  15. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    737 is a nice grip. Have used them.

So. Mr. Hakka... what's that compression? "Enquiring minds want to know."
    Big Timmy likes this.
  16. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I didnt get around to it tonight my buddy had a road call he wasnt arount till late, im usually crashed by 10 oclock especially with this damn heat & humidity lately. Hopefully tonight I can get over there.
  17. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    buddy couldnt find his gauge... I just ordered a new one so hopefully end of the week I should have a reading.
  18. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer killin' me...
  19. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    im killin myself all these friends with all these tools no ones got one of the simplest ones. I could borrow one from autozone but wheres the fun in that?
  20. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Consistant 155psi marks give or take a pound or 2. Gonna ring the dealer tomorrow & see what they say.

[IMG]image1 7 by hakkalugi22, on Flickr