1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Hakkalugi's TE150

Discussion in '2st' started by hakkalugi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Yes, another one. Picked this puppy up tonight. Unfortunately dislocated my shoulder a couple weeks ago so I probably wont get much seat time this year. I figured id start a thread of my own & keep it updated as the time goes. First things first will be a pipe guard, skid & linkage plate, and wrap arounds. I dont plan on modifying this bike much. Would like to get it street titled so the quick bits of road between trails & group rides wont be a problem but ill work that out over the winter. Ill be racing my first full year of hare scrambles next season so would like to have it dialed by then. Anyways enough talk heres what you all really came for...

Attached Files:

2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks good! Welcome to the one fitty club!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sweet! I will just make do with my '15 TE125/150, until I can sell it and my 200XC-W to buy a new '17 TE150!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  4. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Thanks guys, once thing I do really wanna do is break it in & get that fuel out of it so I can weigh it.
  5. blink_618 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 te150
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 kx250f
    Your gonna love it. When you get a little seat time on it you will get over any sickness your having from sticker shock. It faded quickly for me first day I rode it and knew what kinda bike it was gonna be. Lol!!
    wallybean, 87husky500xc and dartyppyt like this.
  6. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

I didnt have sticker shock from the first minute I saw it, and once i read a review or 2 i knew this would be the bike for me. My pops took it for little putt around the yard last night (still on break in) today he was cleaning his KTM up and wants me to list it aha.. I love how light it is i havent been able to open it up more than a quick blip but it seems pretty snappy. I also cant get over how quiet it is... I love having a head light, and the speedo is pretty cool I need to learn how to put it to mph, i was scared when it said i ran it 4 miles then quickly realized it was in km/h. the suspension is surprisingly plush I cant wait to take it out for a real rip.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would just go grab a roll of duct tape! Has to be blue though!
    Then just duct tape the heck out of your shoulder! Halloween coming up so nobody think anything of it!
    Then I'd go let r rip!

Broke my hand once and had a cast up to my elbow.

So made a nice cut in cast so I could shift my nova. Then duct taped over the cut when went back to doctor.

Attached Files:

hakkalugi likes this.
  8. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I actually have an EVS shoulder brace that really holds everything together nicely, ill probably be wearing this a lot now. The only thing running through my mind with duct taping it is an unintentional arm pit wax (ouchh) lol. I do really want/need to ride this bike. Hunting season makes it difficult to ride any other day but sundays now, but I dont really mind what day I ride on. Got a busy weekend coming up but maybe next weekend ill get a buddy or 2 together for a rip.

The weight distribution in this bike is awesome, very easy to flick around, very low center of gravity compared to anything els ive ridden. Very bicycle like. Even just picking it up off the kick stand it feels like nothing.

I must say, the suspension is surprisingly & pleasantly soft. I prefer it a little soft & my herniated disc does it too. I have a buddy that rides the stiffest bike ever because he says its more 'predictable', whatever floats your boat man! I put about a half hour on it yesterday around the yard & through an undeveloped piece of land next to my house, i think some minor tweaking of the clickers & i might not even have to revalve or spring it but I want to take it for a proper ride with all my gear on before I start messing. The jetting is a bit fat but ill keep it that way for break in & then start to mess with it. No complaints so far, neutral is a bit hard to find but it may get better after an oil change & some useage. Ill probably put the stock hand guards on for now, any chance you'd know what wrap arounds fit this bike? Also im guessing theres no skid/linkage plate out for it yet because of how new it is? Not a huge deal if there isnt, ill be takin it easy if I do get out before the seasons up.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  9. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Took the DSLR out for some quality photos before I get it scratched up and dirty, just nice to have I suppose. If anyone wants other ill post em.

Attached Files:

10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So when you gonna ride that bike?

We want to know what your first ride impressions are after u crack gas after it's broken in?
  11. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Ive ran about a 3/4 tank through it at this point, I think everything is settled pretty well & stated to open her up a bit more.

Last night me and my dad took em out for a quick spin, he has a 2012(?) KTM 250xcF, we ran em neck to neck for 2 pulls and swapped bikes for 2 more. The husky is so light the front end likes to come up so it made you slap the clutch or let off a little bit, his bike doesnt have the best rear tire on it but it bike seemed to get mine on the launch. All in all they're very close, the husky might even be a little faster in the mid-top end range & would probably hang on the starts very well if the tire was a little more worn. Im sure itll open up a little once it gets a couple tanks run through too, but its way faster than I anticipated. Powerband is so smooth, the low en ping ping is almost non existent, then when you get on the pipe a little more it opens up again and you can hear her scream. Its very maneuverable especially vs the 4t ktm which seems very slow to react.

My dad cant get over how quick it is, back in the day he raced 125 mx, and had all the go fast do-dad's ported & polished heads and what not, hes very impressed with it. I think hes more excited to take it in the woods than I am haha! Im gonna try to get out sunday I just need to find a ridin partner, he works weekends from now till the spring but he might have to take a day off so we can get a ride in.
    woodsrider and dartyppyt like this.
  12. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Also had a mean bog on the lower end, when you'd snap the throttle quick. I moved 1 clip down and backed the air screw out about 1/3 turn. Seems much better, needs some fine tuning but i want to give it a couple tanks to break in and see how were doin.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  13. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Got a descent ride in today burned about half a tank, i woulda rode longer but I got home late after picking up a Honda Big Red this morning. Its runnin fat so i need to lean her out & get a new plug in there. This bike is awesome. The suspension is great. Its so planted, the power is perfect, i need to tinker with the front fork just a littttle bit but overall I couldnt be happier. This is the bike ive been looking for.
    woodsrider likes this.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Try 6 BFY 43 - 74 needle middle clip

40 pilot

Start 480 main

Should be in kit

Always remove float bowel and white cover to change pilot.

Tips are real easy to bend trying to go through bottom float nut.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Get your yellow spring in powervalve.

Need longer bolts. Set push in preload to 13mm. Just touching before pushing in to tighten.
    Need metric calipers.
    Mark brass square and outside housing.
    Screw power valve 1/8 turn at time clock wise.

Mine likes only quarter turn.

A hiccup feel you think is in carb can also be in powervalve.

Hang on again.
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tell you funny story!

Guy on dead engine starting line said, how you like that 150! He was on Ktm 150 kicker only.

Said love the bike!

Thought to my self. Hmmmm you gonna find out real soon.

As guy dropped flag I was out there before all guys started kicking there bikes!

But do below tips and bike will fire in first gear with elect button:
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here is your neutral and clutch fix.

Bleed your clutch from bottom up.

Make sure no air in hose and syringe before bleed in reverse.

I just use a cow or horse syringe from farm store and vinyl hose.

When you are done bleeding.

Pull your clutch lever in towards grip. Bend it so when pulls in. It aligns flat with your grip.

Done it on two new Husky's and got lots bubbles out.

Now you can find neutral easy.
    eddychecker likes this.
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I did this to my 501 a few weeks back after replacing all the fluid, clutch pack and adding a new Belville spring. It worked very well but I was a bit surprised by how hard you need to push on the syringe to force the air and fluid up from the slave.
    dartyppyt and hakkalugi like this.
  19. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Where you located? Im at about 1300 feet. Is the yellow spring harder or softer? What do I need longer bolts for? I have the 37.5 pilot in right now (i tried the 40 but couldn't keep it running & was very hard to start). My clip is on the middle position, im not sure what main is in i havent touched it, so whatever is stock (needs a little leaner from the feel of it). I noticed the pilot was a little tough to get out of the bottom hole.. They should have made it just a mm or 2 wider & it would be fine...

I do need to try to bleed the clutch, its tough to start in gear too & i have a descent clack when I put it in gear it lurches forward just a little. My KTM is 5x worse and impossible to start in gear. I tried gravity bleeding but it never did anything, ive read about the syringe so ill try it out! I did notice the lever sticks out a bit agents the bars so I will def. try to bend it a little. I wondered if it would be worth it to start a scramble with elec start or kick, obviously id rather use the elec so if I can get it to start like butter id be real happy.

I appreciate the tips, I cant wait to get some more seat time in on this baby.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    hakkalugi likes this.