1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Hakkalugi's TE150

Discussion in '2st' started by hakkalugi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Good Deal! That should hopefully help a few of you!
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

Sounds like marbles in my top end when it happens.

Do you have some ping going on too? Im starting to really consider a PV problem.
  3. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    If the PV is not opening when it should, it could be building too much cylinder pressure cuz the exhaust is not opening as needed. Another thought...

Chain slap? My brand new 150 had such a loose chain it sounded terrible! That chain guide makes a pretty loud CLATTER on the swingarm when under load, and it's right near the back of the engine. I know that's a longshot, but thought I'd throw that out there.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    yeah I just gotta muster up the courage & time to drain the fluids & pull it apart. evey time I come close I find somethin els thats more important. def not chain slap ive got a keen ear for unusual sounds been around motors my whole life & I know this one isnt right.
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    At this point I'd investigate the PV. Your compression was right on, so it's either too much RUNNING pressure (PV not opening), too much timing, or lean jetting (which you feel you've addressed).
    hakkalugi likes this.
  6. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    Hakkalugi - "Do you have some ping going on too? I'm starting to really consider a PV problem."

No pinging or detonation sounds, my main problem was a noticeable lack of power about half to three quarter throttle while under acceleration. I installed the new parts and rode today; much better, the bike revs easier and builds good power through the rpm range. New parts have a high luster polish for smoother movement.

IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0635.JPG
    HusqyChik and hakkalugi like this.
  7. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do you think the stock parts could just be polished?
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pick,

Yes, I polished mine. I use the white stuff in bars from Eastwood. It will become part of just reg winter maint.

You can use a auto scotch Brite pad to clean the holes out that those boosters rotate in.

The flapper runs in bushings and I polished it as well.

Everything seals with orings. I did notice that my stock orings were black. Replacement ones were the brown color and assume they are viton.
  9. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    HusqyChik, hakkalugi and dartyppyt like this.
  10. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I popped my cover off & my pv definitly moved smoothly BUTTTT it does have to do to the dealer no so maybe ill be able to fennagle them into taking a look.

I noticed after a ride last week my rectifier was hanging down while I was washing. I was to tired/lazy figured I had just lost a bolt (never really went over anything little like that, only go fast parts that could put me into a crash). Turns out it had blown the tab it mounts to right off the frame... Not sure what theyre gonna do about it. Trying to call the dealership but the phone call wont go through. Im just going to zip tie it out of the way for now but hoping they actually do something about it being the bike isnt even a year old yet.

Attached Files:

11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine broke too and it is common. I used the bigger hole next to it to reattach it.

Glad you caught it! It can dangle by the pipe.

If they don't back yours up. Pop your cylinder off and leave your powervalves in it, and send to me this winter.

I'm usually busy up to Christmas.
    hakkalugi and wallybean like this.
  12. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Yeah they pretty much told me to get bent unfortunately.. Ill definitely consider that, this winter is calling for a full tear down, I need to do at least rings in this thing im near 50 hours on this bike. I was out for a little rip today & wound up flatting my rear tire. Im not sure what happened yet I run tubliss but i debeaded and everything luckily towards the end of the ride. Brandy new tire too.
  13. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looked up under my tank. That's a tiny little tab. Gonna move mine before it breaks.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  14. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Took the 18 150 out for the first time with the 5.0 slide, cut by RB Designs. So, the bike now has the head mod, red spring, and this slide. Ended up 30/5.0/43-74-3/S-4/500. Still wants a larger main! The power is crazy good now, and it ran really cleanly. Not one bit of knock or ping. Lugs to zero.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  15. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    broke a rib a couple weeks ago havent gotten out since, work hasnt been fun but i should be alright by next week to atleast get a ride in.
  16. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry to hear this! When I broke some ribs (unrelated to dirt bikes) it was painful to ride at 6 weeks! I hope you're back on the bike much sooner than that... cuz I want to hear your ride reports.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  17. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Took her out today despite a little rib discomfort, wound up riding a 300xc and fell in love, might be seeing what the dealer would do for a trade on the 150 for either a ktm or husky 300. My dad is in the same boat he fell in love right away, that extra bottom end goes a long way & the extra few pounds werent very noticeable. Time will tell!
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Did you ride a'17 300XC? Every time I get a ride on a 300, I am so glad to get back on my small bore, but that's me.... Ride what suits you and where you ride. I'm sure your 150 will find a good home!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  19. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

a 17 and an 18, I dont think theres a difference between the two besides the orange frame on the 18' though. I wasnt disappointed to get back on my 150 but damn that 300 did somethin to me. If not right away down the road I will for sure have one!
  20. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Well, me and the old man put deposits down on 2 2018 KTM 300 xc's! If anyone is interested in my bike im at $6000 52 hrs on it. Lectron will not come with though it can be finagled into the deal.
    Picklito, raylesk and Norman Foley like this.