1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Hakkalugi's TE150

Discussion in '2st' started by hakkalugi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Local dealer got one in. I got to sit on it and make engine sounds lol

0117171319.jpg
    Norman Foley and hakkalugi like this.
  2. Stiggy Pop Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200exc
    I'm supposed to be getting on in January. Every day I hope I get the call that it's showed up!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  3. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

Wait till you fire this thing up, its surprisingly quiet. My KTM with a gnarly & shorty on it was L O U D.

Glad I got one early so i didnt have to wait for it, i got the last one at the dealer!
  4. dgargiulo21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Husky WR125
    Sold my 200 yesterday , now I can focus on the 150. Quick question my exhaust spring in my extra parts has the yellow paint ,is that the stock one or the aggressive one?Hopefully break it in tomorrow.
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Yellow is medium power valve spring. Red is wild, green is mild iirc
  6. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    Sorry if I’m not posting my updates to the correct listings, I’m kind of new to these messaging sites.

I was not happy that I couldn’t fit fork bleeders to the preload caps on the new TE150 so I altered them to fit these bleeders from Slavens Racing. I cut off the two ears and machined a 22mm hex on the center adjuster, also milled the center diameter smaller to fit the bleeders. Was an easy fix that most any machinist should be able to do.

Attached Files:

hakkalugi likes this.
  7. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I was also kind of disappointed that there was no after market support for bleeders yet on these too. Nice work!
  8. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    With the big wing-nut style adjusters there is no way you can use bleeders, that’s the reason for altering the hand preloaders.
  9. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    But really it doesn’t take too much to just loosen the torx screws to bleed the air from the forks.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Motion pro bleeders went right on mine.
    John Bunker likes this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bleeders are awesome, until the day a stick or something snaps it off... especially in a race. Carry the screws and tool in your butt pack, if you use bleeders... trust me! Bleeders bad.... Screws good! Don't forget a little easy out!:oldman:
    hakkalugi and John Bunker like this.
  12. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985

Good idea carrying the screws with you, you never know…

And something else I made today, this simple height gage tool to help with checking and setting the floats on the Mikuni. Blow into fuel line and turn the screw until shutoff, check height and make adjustment as needed, works great. IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0165.JPG
  13. John Bunker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 Honda 1985
    Norman Foley and hakkalugi like this.
  14. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Ive been slacking on my bike recently. My project car has been eating all my money up in hopes to have it running by spring time. After I finish the motor build for that I can start on some new goodies for the 150!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    What's the project car?
  16. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    A 1984 Volkswagen Jetta. Have always been into Volkswagens, ive owned quite a few, my parents & brother always had one while I was growing up. Most of the car is restored, besides the pretty clean interior & motor (not for long). Its an original Turbo Diesel, this was the first step Volkswagen took into the turbo diesel world which worked very well up till now- with all those emissions scandals and what not. Its a shame because the MPG's & reliability are great in these types of cars. The car is fitted with air ride suspension, its as low as it can be right now it lays on the frame horns, but if I hit the switch it can be back up to stock ride height or anywhere in between, the ride is fantastic also! Car was run into the ground pretty hard by the PO but I got it for next to nothing & have put way too much money into it. Would do it all over again too!

Attached Files:

LandofMotards and Norman Foley like this.
  17. Notdoneyet Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 DRZ 400, 81 HDFXS
    In my efforts to get the Mikuni sorted I went to take out the stock unpainted PV spring and put the yellow one in. When I got it out I found it had blue paint on it so I left it there. I wonder since I got mine Dec 30 if they are coming from the factory with the blue spring now? I had it at the dealership for an e-starter replacement under warranty and thought they might have changed it but said "no" when I asked.
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Did the spring have two rates? The unpainted spring is a progressive spring and doesn't look like the others that are straight rate springs.
    Notdoneyet likes this.
  19. Notdoneyet Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 DRZ 400, 81 HDFXS
    Argh! Total rookie mistake,thanks for making me go look again. The outer spring is painted blue and I din't realize that wasn't the spring in question. Yes the inner spring is progressive and I'm changing it out.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  20. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Lectron, golden tyre fatty & a bridgestone battlecross x40 ordered up. excited to put some new tires & tubliss on. Also super excited to try the lectron out. Heading to Georgia (durhamtown) next month if all goes well.

Still need wrap arounds, a skid plate & some number decals but the list is slimming down.