1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Hakkalugi's TE150

Discussion in '2st' started by hakkalugi, Oct 5, 2016.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    We want to see you and bike on top of that wood pile!

Graham Jarvis would!

Attached Files:

hakkalugi likes this.
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I need a little more practice but I think me and Graham would be an even match! (joking) That man is an animal, Ive been thinking about setting a tire & log pit up on the property & dragging a couple log lengths around to have some fun on.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    really? weird. that basically nullifies the operation of the overflow tube/carb drain. Of course it still acts as another vent as long as there is no liquid in the line.

Is this part of the float adjustment you were mentioning above (6-7mm rather than 8mm) so you can externally check the float height maybe?

I guess I do not understand what this accomplishes or how it works. Dartyppyt, can you edjumacte me? thanks.

[IMG]
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:

No float has to be adjusted to 8 mm instead of the 6-7. You will end up with fuel inside the carb. Makes it tough thinking your pilot is rich in the woods from hills. You notice you will end up with fuel in bottom of skid plate and inside the engine.

I run my top two vent hoses up in air box so I don't suck water in water crossings and also dirt.

The over flow tube is still up higher than the hose. Just stuff I picked up on years ago from mags, forums, etc....

I also cut my bottom hoses at steep angle or split them so mud and dirt don't get stuck in end of tubes.

Attached Files:

Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I angle-cut my hoses and put small slices in 'em. I also route them high into a common homemade mini-airbox ('cept for the overflow) but not into the main airbox itself.... which maybe I should. I'm guessing the air pressure in the airbox is close to atmospheric.

On my fuel tank breather, I insert a small piece of dry air filter foam also- besides the old-school trick of putting a jet in the end of the hose to reduce the size.

....weirdly, I haven't done it to my FI husky tank yet; and it is even more sensitive to dust I believe.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some goofy stuff but it all seems to work usually. But I have learned tons over the years, especially through forums.

Kinda like the old CZ snail pipes. Show up at races one day and guy had one on. Like WTF? But that looks Bad Arse!
    Said he bought it from advertisement from some news letter. Prob an old cycle news?

Attached Files:

7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh yeah. coffin tanks, sunburst heads, rubber band on the brake pedal and falta replicas. 1974. Lackey on a husky, IIRC
  8. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Got another good ride in on the husky, still rich in the bottom end, i think I need to order up a couple smaller pilots. No more fuel in the skid plate & i had her wide for a bit today so I think my float is set spot on. Gonna get another ride in on friday & probably sunday too. What wrap arounds fit these bars? I like the cycra pro bends I need to order a set up before I smash my fingies. Oh yeah & fall in NEPA is gorgeous.

Attached Files:

blink_618 likes this.
  9. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    PS: this rear tire has a little over 100 miles & is junk. Ill be ordering a tubliss system over the winter along with a shinko 505 & a golden tyre fatty for the front.
  10. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Got my pilots in. I was orig. at 37.5 (which came in the kit provided) then threw in the 35. Still needed to be cleared out before it'd open up good. Now im down to a 32.5 which seems pretty good, I have a 30 ill bring with me next ride incase I need to throw it in quick. I have hesitation at 1/3 to about half throttle (ish) I think this is a needle clip adjustment. I also got 2 1" filters like darty has on his bike drilled into the plastics that cover the air filter. My float is too high & after a long WOT I start to cut out. Im gonna start by re adjusting my float then go down a clip or 2 (maybe throw a different one in there). Gonna do a plug chop after all that & post my results.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  11. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Ok im up to the 35 pilot, 180 main. Im on the middle needle i believe, has number 42 on it, on the middle clip. Air screw is about 1.5 out. I have a real slight hesitation coming into the throttle from idle but only while moving. its fine snapping it in neutral so im not sure on where I should go from here. The bike feels like a million bucks vs what it was at. I wanna get a ride on it & see where im at. If anyone has a suggestion on where to go now thatd be nice. I took that silly white piece of plastic out from the carb bowl idk what it does or what its for but ive never seen another carb with it in so. Also adjusted my float again, have to take it on the main road to see if its any better but I dont like doing that so ill wait till I hit the coal hills up.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stick your 43- 74 needle in, mid clip. Stay at 35 pilot.
    hakkalugi likes this.
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh! That white plastic thing keeps fuel from cavitating racing and rough riding...

Betta steek itz bak inz oar u poosh byke fur milez wif sno smilez!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  14. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Glad I didnt chuck it back in she goes!
  15. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Gonne fiddle with this carb a little more, might wind up ordering a lectron over the winter. I like the concept & only read 1 or 2 reviews that werent happy with it. I dont mind tinkerin but would be nice not to worry about elevation & temp changes. Ill see how close I can get this carb & how happy I am with where im at. The price tag is a little steep but it might just be worth it.
  16. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    At around 200 miles on this bike, so far still have hardly even touches suspension. It just feels right. My buddies laugh because everytime I get on it im like a kid on christmas. Its just a fun bike, anything I could ask for in one package. I have some carb changes coming but was told to keep my lip sealed on it so maybe you guys will find out one day?? Gettin cold here only a few more weeks to ride so hopefully I can get another 200 on her before then!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  17. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Darin was nice enough to send me a carb over that he had blessed with this magic hands. The low end, the mid, the top end all improved drastically. What this guy did, I do not know but its just right right! Unfortunately been very busy & having crummy weather whenever I can ride but this bike rips. I might try to get a fatty & a silencer on this thing over the winter, would also like to get some goodies going on for it. I have a list going, bark busters, skid & linkage plate, graphics (the white scratches & dirties easy), tubliss & tires. Would really like to crack it open and see if I cant do anything about the clutch drag on this puppy. Bleeding doesnt seem to be helping but ill give it a few more shots before I give up. Still considering a lectron, would like to see how it matches up to this carb that darin sent me (idk if it can get much better to be honest). This bike is just too much fun, I can just mess around the house for hours before getting bored on it, the suspension just blows my mind with how well it works right out of the box. The 150 will propel me in hare scrambles next season, my riding isnt up to par with this bike but I can only continue to learn. If you can find this bike for sale & are in the market, I would scoop it up in a heartbeat.
    wallybean, Norman Foley and dartyppyt like this.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's not Magic! It's the GREAT PUMPKIN!

Attached Files:

hakkalugi likes this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    What are you ending up as far as pilot and main jet?
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Take your clutch lever off so you don't have any tension on the pin that pushes the piston in on clutch master.

Back bleed clutch quite bit to make sure all air out.

Make sure master reservoir filled to top.

Put cap back on and lever.

Re adjust clutch.

In clutch adjuster. It is cupped for pin to fit in. Maybe stick something in there. Like lil nut. To adjust clutch more. But not to the point where pin is pushing master cylinder piston in, until it bottoms out. You could damage it.

Then see if it frees the clutch drag? That's why I bent my stock lever. But my new levers fit better and have more adjustment than stock.
    hakkalugi likes this.