GAS -GAS 2018

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by visiteur1948, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    they do and it pushes everyone to build a better bike.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The new GG feels lower than the TE300 to me. Certainly not taller. Real world experience.

The frame is awesome and provides exceptional handling.

The weight is a complete non issue and I bet you could not tell which one weighs more. Put some heavy duty tubes in the TE and it weighs the same. None issue. (cuz I'm superman)
    fletchman45 likes this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I was gonna suggest that the GG probably still comes with HD tubes(not condoms) plus a pipe that isn't made of alfoil. Does the GG have a lithium battery? CC forks probably weigh more too
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Kelly now that have the G-G in various levels of disassembly how much does the chassis appear to be the equal of the last generation WP chassis (KTM/Husky) like my 2014 TE and other models of that generation chassis. Of course they don't say, but I still bet money they either buy from WP or manufacture under license from the WP design. It just looks way too much like the WP chassis.....unless the Spanish reverse engineered the thing and pulled a Chinese move.
    rschneider, fletchman45 and racemx904 like this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was wondering if they hired a few ex ktm employees ....anyways a step in the right direction...
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Anyways what are you smoking......with tubes and a 10 pound sack of potatoes they might weigh the same...and hey everyone knows the password to get in the gas gas factory is superman sucks....
  7. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    This is the question I keep asking.
  8. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

d0na-vx-c60d.jpg
    Ktm copied Jotgas and if you do some homework you will find out why the GasGas frame resembles them. I can tell you that the frame on the GasGas is not the same as the older KTM at least not in steering angle. The handling is better than any KTM/Husky so far.
    robertaccio and Oldscool like this.
  9. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Dam I have 15 husky!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thank you for the real world confirmation.

I feel the GG handles similar to the X-light framed bikes which were my favorite until this bike.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is similar looking but very much not the same. Was also told it is not built by WP but some manufacturer in Spain. I've had the GG and 2018 TE250i stripped down and sitting next to each other, the frames are a good bit different yet share the same design philosophy.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

No reason to be a dick. Ride the bike and get back to me. Or be an internet jockey, whatever. I'm simply providing info on a bike there is not much info for people that might be interested in one. You obviously have your preconceptions but spouting them here does nothing for real world info.

If you actually ride the bike some time I bet you sing a different tune.

But until then enjoy a nice picture of a great bike being evaluated on the trail back to back with other top bikes...

[IMG]
    bax3 likes this.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    not the new gen 17-18 KTM/Husky chassis the last gen 14-16 like my TE300 from 14, that's the one I'd like to park next to the 18 G-G and compare. truthfully no matter its just curiosity.

Also I will add to say that another winner with the G-G is the selection of KYB as the suspension supplier......

I answered before I read the above comments. Probably with a different offset triple the older chassis (WP) would be in the same game. I too absolutely loved my TE310 and my later TXC310R chassis, but actually liked the suspension of my 2011 TE310 (black head better) KYB open chamber with full boat top to bottom Race Tech components. The G-G must be similar.
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I didn't mean to run GG down, but I am going to voice my thoughts on how the bike presents and what I feel after I ride it. I'm sure they work well for most riders. It's just a personal choice thing for me.... unfortunately the weight doesn't disappear in motion, riding the off camber terrain that I do, with my short height and middling ability. Everyone praises the KTM 200 as a lightweight wonder but not me, as I can feel every extra pound compared to my '18 TE150. All my riding buddies have commented on how better I go r on the 150, than the 200. I'm not interested in a new TE250, because it weighs what my 200 did, and I'm definitely not interested in a TE250 TPI because it's even heavier. I envy guys who can ride anything and make it work!
    Motosportz likes this.
  15. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I go ride my 449 on technical terrain, then hop on the 250 thats about to turn 12 years old and it feels like a toy. It's all personal perception for sure. I'm rather envious of all you guys who are splitting hairs on stuff I can only dream of owning right now. I hear they have electric start on 2 strokes these days! LOL!
    gots_a_sol, bax3, Oldscool and 2 others like this.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    My dealer had a 2017 demo, time to check into the 18 :)
    Motosportz likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    and on that huskynoobee note ---99% of us don't ride the machine EVER to its full capability, and on that note 99% of us would go around a track as fast on a 10 year old bike as we would on a new bike. If you want substitute the 99 for a 95 if you think you are in the 95 percentile....because no-here is in the top 5% unless you've got a national title, an isde gold medal or something like that. we are all "hobby" riders here until on occasion we get visited by Ty or another guy of that caliber. Anyway back to the gist of the thread--Gas-Gas Viva Espana!!
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I find the talk of a few pounds entertaining. I wear probably 20-30 plus pounds of gear. Then it gets wet and weighs more. I bet after a ride there is over 10 pounds of mud on my bike. I could loose 20 pounds of body fat. The water in my hydration system is over 3 pounds by it self. I dont fixate on such things, I carry what I want and need (sometimes big cameras and my Mavic drone). I could run tubless on my bike and save several pounds of not only weight but better yet unsprung weight. Tires vary many pounds depending on what you get as do tubes. Replace your bolts with Ti and save many pounds. Lots of places to loose weight if thats your thing. I actually ADD weight to my bikes. Skid plates, hand guards, big tanks which carry more heavy fuel, heavy tires and tubes, steering stabilizers, Gnarly FMF pipes that weigh more but are more robust, Spark arrested muffler... the list is endless.
    Oldscool likes this.
  19. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    I like those new GG 2018 models, I spoke with some mates that bought them recently and they are in love with them, no comparison with earlier GG models. My WR300 2010 is still my primary Enduro bike, I still like it, but sometimes I think it's time for something new, my friends with newer bikes seem to suffer less than me in the tight stuff :D

Maybe next year... byebye Husky, Hello GG ? Dunno.. (I don't like to change bikes, they become part of the family :lol: )
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Do your self a favor and ride one when its time to upgrade.