GAS -GAS 2018

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by visiteur1948, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Deep meaty sound to match the deep meaty power. They really updated the motor nicely. Took an already very good motor and made it better. I always thought it was the best part of the GG line. Now the rest of the bike is up to standard and beyond.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Which bike was the really short guy riding?
    bax3, shawbagga and Motosportz like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Blake on the older GG. He is like 6-2 ha ha ha
    NCSteve likes this.
  4. lineman12345678 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm the owner of the 17 TE300 that Kelly mentioned that rode the 18 GaGas this weekend. I agree with most everthing he said about the differences. The vibration was noticeable when I first hopped on vs the Husky but didn't notice it much after a bit. The motor has tons of low end but I personally prefer the Husky motor for my do it all bike. The starter is goofy, other then those two item's I really liked it. I would still choose the Husky if I'm spending my money for a few different reasons,. But if money was no issue I would have both the gas gas would be my dedicated hill climbing wet NW riding choice.

5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not getting in a pissing match ....the gas gas is heavy...fact...and ex state champions input is very valuable to me...fact. what class and level and best overall finish do you have? The gasser vibrates noticeably more then a new husky..fact...i get it you like ajp...lol..i also understand for certain people different bikes work better for different size people and different level riders...facts are facts...even without riding one. Vibration means alot to me as does weight of a bike..part of that is I'm getting older...reality is a b or c rider pace , weight not and issue at all..competitive older a class rider means a bit to me..do they look great . You bet! That motor better be faster then the old one....no bold statements just facts...have I had good luck considering I've owned at least probably 8 gassers...yes...just a fluke the 97 grenaded tranny. Your benchmark that may work for you may not work for someone else...same as me...the new generation husky is a masterpiece...that is simple...a fast guy can find faults quick while a slow to intermediate rider never pushes hard enough to see chassis design faults unless they are super obviois...you and I will never see eye to eye...fact....its ok that makes us individuals...
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lol...you selling gas gas now...different strokes for different folks...weight may not be and issue to you. But it is to me and many others...
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Nope, clearly stated I have zero dog in the fight. I'm building 2018 TE250i.

[IMG]
    shawbagga likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Come out and ride with me fast guy.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    2 new GG's in the top 10 pro endurocross (7th/10th). Not bad.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha..both like little kids..i would love to ride with you or anyone else who loves this sport....my best finish was back in 11.....12th overall...not perfect but not bad...but yea...bring your gasser to mn...and we will see which bike and rider is the victor.....all in fun...unless it's a ama race..lol...weight may not be a factor to you because you must be superman and a legend in your own mind...nice te thou...
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm sure not going to cry over 6 pounds. I cant tell when riding them nor could anyone else.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope, 53 year old trail rider. Never confessed to being anything else.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cody Webb could win on a rupp mini bike lol
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dude come on that s advertised weighg....hec betas....12 off last year lol
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I get it and ain't dishing u..one guys benchmark or bike that works well may be.different then another guys..thats great we have alot of different options....
    Motosportz likes this.
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

.and in my mind and the mind of a brilliant husky gas gas shop owner it feels as tall as the red huskys.

Fletch, remember not all of us a like a cramped midget bike and need a roomy tall bike to feel comfortable after 2 knee surgeries.
    reveille and fletchman45 like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It feels lower to me when riding it.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

lol..i.dont like a midget bike..lol the stock height well I guess I have a low seat..feels perfect for me..the gasser is tall and that s my point what works for one guy may not work for another...the new g assers are superior in most every aspect to the previous ones..for sure..but they need a different frame...less weight and less vibration to be called a benchmark..husky sets the benchmark for others to try to beat.. believe me I still love gas gas....its just not up to snuff when compared to a new husky...mayby on.par with a 15 husky..
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    KTM set the benchmark (for the record) white, red or orange, choices are good.