GAS -GAS 2018

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by visiteur1948, Jul 11, 2017.

1. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  2. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  3. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  4. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Its about time The last generation from 12-17 were doomed starting with the failed to see production cassette style air filter.....a million piece subframe....the worst airbox ever making there own engine faster in a christini awd.....quality control has to be better...I've lost the dam tank bolt on two gassers within and hour of ride time...a 17 is a pig of a bike 268 pounds with fuel...yea it should be 33 pounds lighter as stated!!! OK I'm done ragging the 18's appear to be a sexy hot alternative to a chapter 3 husqvarna....nice...
  6. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    Looking at them it appears that GAS GAS is using the previous generation KTM frame with KYB suspension. Whats not to like?
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ha wait a minute.... Sorry but the current 17 and up (or certain 16 models husky is superior to a 15 husky.... So seems step forwords and backwords!
    rschneider likes this.
  8. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310

Lol, maybe a step back in the chassis department from a '17/'18 Husky. But should be a move in the right direction for Gas Gas. I don't think anyone had complaints about the previous generation KTM/Husky frame, the suspension maybe, but not the chassis. So, combine a proven chassis and proven suspension components and you should have a competitive offering. The biggest question will be, how is the motor?
    rancher1 likes this.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lol....exactly my point...a step forward as far as gas gas goes (there is no excuse for a modern two stroke to weigh 268 pounds tank full) and a step back words as well....in riding my 15 tc husky back to back with my 17 tc 250...I'm sorry but the 17 really feels more then refined...from the ergos to a slightly less nervous feeling to the counter balanced engine.... Even the air fork is awesome... The husky/KTM is a game changer...don't get me wrong... I've been suckered by sexy slightly chubby woman in the past with quirks(aka gas gas) however the new husky is just plain good and I can't even look at a 16 anymore... So as I said one step forwards one step back... And that's why this is cafehusky....but yes what a significant improvement . I think the engine will be fine and better because I'm sure the new air box actually performs as it should. My Lord between the tms and betas(10 pounds lighter for 18) shercos huskys etc(where is Fantic) ajps (for old trail riders on a budget) and the new gassers 18 should be a good year....now if I could win the lottery so I could have one of each..
    hodaka bob and Norman Foley like this.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

PS funny moment....moab Utah... Two years ago... 2011 low hour gas gas six days 300.....buddy went to start it and the kickstart lever snapped right off...I almost fell off my husky laughing....he didn't think it was so funny...in looking at the kicker it appeared as if it was a manufacturing defect.. . I had a 97 gas gas with a counterbalanced engine....wow for smooth and fast..I was told the balencer added like 5-6 pounds and that was why they ditched it.. My gas gas moment less then 20 hours on I believe a 99 300..(never take the first one over that comes on and airplane) decals looked like and eight year old installed them and were off by two inches from the left side of swingarm to the right.. Made me sick to my stomach literally... Throttle pull so hard arm pump on throttle arm...(spring like eight inches long so I cut it down ...throttle stuck and almost killed me....anyways worst moment transmission exploded.... Kept driving to get back to truck...lmfao...got back I think third gear was only gear left....2000 gas gas 200 spit me off broke my pinky left a scar...2005 gas gas in my brand new house...euro spring loaded side stand...bike falls over and footpegs gouged the crap out of hardwood floor...2012 gas gas... Remove seat... Subframe bolts stripped from the factory spinning while engine idling... Yea well I still have two good friends that bought gassers because I had one and they still ride gas gas...will I own another...probably...
    Picklito and Norman Foley like this.
  11. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc

Now, whose fault is that?
    fletchman45 likes this.
  12. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  13. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  14. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
  15. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    "Looking at them it appears that GAS GAS is using the previous generation KTM frame with KYB suspension. "

It does look like it doesn't it! I did not think that GG were that closely tied to KTM??
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

From my source . it is indeed there own frame and design. However some ex KTM employees may have helped with the design....this is what I hear...not sure truth or?? Either way I guess better then what they had. I need to remind myself how much more I like the 17, husky over a 15..and the fact the gasser has no counterbalance....I like the looks of the bike. But from my understanding there is freight no matter what... Pretty much same price as a husky...if you like a phat 17 gasser there are some good deals right now..
  17. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    I am assuming they are doing the same thing Sherco is and buying components from WP. WP makes frames and radiators along with suspension. Hence my comment about it being the previous generation KTM frame, it is probably is very close. Of course there might be changes to the geometry specific to the GAS GAS frame. So GAS GAS will be building the KTM everyone wanted with the KYB suspension.
    Picklito and rancher1 like this.
  18. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Yes, was going to mention that about WP. Also, that 2012 WR144 I had, with the Sachs shock and KYB suspension, was a very nice feel. I've been on WP for a very... long... time.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Talked to a gentleman who has rode and 18 gas gas 300...good points...engine is fast...told the xc and ec have the same flywheel weight and suspension valving....a lot lighter...(how could it not be). Engine around 40% new...valving felt stiff but bike was new...seat height tall..quality fit and finish above all previous gassers...handling good...frame I believe is there's and made by them...another guy (a super fast old aa rider) rode and 18...said cool but feels old school...riding a 15 or 16 husky Te or tc feels barbaric to a 17 husky...not getting fooled by a hot vibrating Spanish babe the reality is the 17 and up huskys set the new standard for two strokes...
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Omg dry weight....ec 300 no fuel...240 pounds....wrf...non acceptable for 2018 standards...good alternative trail light racing to.ktm/husqvarna...shercos are looking good...and selling 22,000 bikes yearly..at least they look awesome!