GAS -GAS 2018

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by visiteur1948, Jul 11, 2017.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Of course the engine is faster...i had a old 98 rm 250 for a weekend and it blew a 2011 six days 250 away like nothing...i was ashamed for the gas gas. .and I don't need any lectures I've had many many gassers..from 97 on...with my 12 being absolutely the worst design of them all...and the last...i liked my 16 beta..and sure the 18 is app. 10 pounds lighter(not true 10 if you look at magazines dry weight) but the beta still loses...cause I ain't getting stuck in the middle of the woods without a kickstarter. Husqvarna sets the standard in every aspect...the gasser will make a fine trailbike for anyone or racebike for a strong young talented rider....gain a counterbalanced engine drop 10-20 pounds and lower the seat...then I'll think about it..
  2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    Lol that post 2 posts above reads lIke everything on the internet . Or a pub yarn tbph . May have been written with the best of intentions but in reality it just sounds like a mates story of a blow hard has been .
    At the correct sag the seat height is 15mm taller above the pegs than a beta 250 .
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    200's are to be in dealers after 1st of year. I would like to test ride one.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Great looking bikes! I was just looking at an '18 250XC at local shop. I want to ride a 200 too! I do have my doubts though.... It's much more of a small 250, than a big 125 and the lighter '18 GG bikes are still a generation behind KTM/Husky. My 203 lbs Husky TE150, is so much sweeter than my 219 lbs KTM 200XC-W, that I doubt a 230 lbs plus GG 200 is going to float my boat. Also.... The Magura clutch MC lever pull on the 250XC and 300EC , is not as light as my TE150's... deal breaker there too.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  5. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65

The weight on the GG is a serious issue although the clutch feel is soon much better....
  6. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I not sure that the weight difference is as much as people think. I put my 18 GasGas on my digital scale on the same day I put an new out of box 18 TX 300 on the same scale both with no fuel and there was a 18lb difference. Not sure what the difference would be if I striped all the road going wiring and lights off the Gasser but I would think it would be inside the 10lb mark.
    rancher1 likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Air forks, lithium battery, and no lighting. Plus the Husky s weight a little more than KTM's. I love the smaller brands and it's great to have options but KTM seems to have made a big leap forward. Think the big thing with GG is the cost while they build their reputation back up. Should be competing with beta, not KTM
    fletchman45 likes this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Not a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it is. I wish I wasn't this way, but I am!:oldman:
    fletchman45 and LandofMotards like this.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    10 lbs is 10 lbs plus it’s where the weight is..... to me it feels like 25 same with the beta...

I hope they do good.... I’m going for even lighter if I could find an estate TE150 to trade my FE for I’d be all over it....

Ktm/husky is more refined product
    fletchman45 and LandofMotards like this.
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I really never understood the complaint about weight when I was 220 but after getting sick and dropping 60 pounds I get it now lol. 125/150 is on my list when they start coming up used. Still going restart though, I'll lift that little extra weight anytime :)
    racemx904 likes this.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No internet bs...all facts...and if you think I don't have a soft spot for gas gas your wrong...to my knowledge in 97 I was one of the few guys on a gas gas...that bike had a horn and counterbalanced engine...after riding a 17 up husky with little to no vibration it is difficult to ride a vibrating pig such as a beta or gas gas...the 12 gas gas should of never made production.....and 11 with 48mm zokes was a superior bike hands down...240 dry weight....for a 17 300...horrible and ridiculous...husky around 227....i sat on one ..and in my mind and the mind of a brilliant husky gas gas shop owner it feels as tall as the red huskys...is it improved you bet! Lmfao....to 15 ktm husky ktm standards which are a leap behind 17 and up husky ktm...again a great trailbike....dual sport....or bike for popeye...i will assume quality control is much better....my 16 beta which also is heavy 236 dry.....was vastly superior to any gas gas I ever had....except for ridiculous clutch pull....i do wish the h uskys came with full fmf exhaust and vforce reeds like some of the other companies...the gas gas did at least look good! Fool me once fool me twice....not again no sexy Spanish stuff in my garage ....rumor I hear they are not selling.....if I wanted a 15 ktm id buy one...
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is for the 18 pound diff..thinking it's really 10....
    Tx has all wiring in place for lights....headlight weighs 1.4 pounds...if you added headlight taillight and odometer the gasser probably would still be 14 or 15 pounds heavier and has no counterbalanced engine...
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You really should ride one before making statements about it. No one mentioned the weight and it feels very light. The vibration is less than most bike but still slightly more than the counterbalanced husky/KTM. Not an issue.

Absolutely not. Feels very modern, refined and well thought out. This same model just won the Tecate enduro pro class.

Wow, maybe you would like to ride one before making lots of bold claims. The bike is excellent. Ride one and I bet you sing a much different tune.

Did a camp and ride this weekend so rode it two days back to back. Buddy with a decked out 2017 TE300 was along for the ride and very keen to try the GG. We swapped. Here are my feeling and this was echoed by the TE owner. The GG does not feel heavier. They feel about the same. No one has rode the GG and mentioned anything about weight. It feels as light as any other 250-300 I have ridden and that's many bikes, in fact I've ridden almost everything but a new Sherco or TM. Weight is not a factor. The TE has a smoother engine wise but not a lot, the GG is smooth too. Smoother than a Beta and much smoother than a YZ. Its 100% acceptable. We both strongly agreed the GG has a much stronger engine than the TE300 or Beta 300. More beef on the bottom and feels like a super refined big bore. It lug so freaking low and rev out so well the TE owner (mid pack A class guy) said it needs like 2 gears it is so flexible. The GG handles more sure footed, feels more planted and does not hunt around on the trail like the TE can. Goes right where you point it and does so with no need to chase it around. Much less lively feeling than the TE. Just goes where you point it with no drama or extra input needed.

My TE -v- GG feelings echo his. Ken has his TE stup well, correct springs etc.
    • The TE is slightly smoother motor wise
    • The TE handles rocks better as it is softer
    • The TE has a good bit less power
    • The TE takes more input to keep in line handling wise
    The TE is sorted with springs, jetting and some aftermarket goodies. The GG is 100% stock. IMHO the GG is slightly better bike overall. The GG motor is amazing, very powerful but very easy to control. The GG clutch is super smooth and easy to use and the trans shifts crazy smooth too. This makes the GG a monster on the trails and climbs amazing. The GG is more planted and moves around a lot less than the TE and I find it easier to find and hold the line I want.

The TE is a great bike, the GG is too. The GG is my pick because of the handling and motor.

I am building a completely decked out 2018 TE250i, we will see how that stacks up.
    - So many great bikes to sample these days. Do yourself a favor and ride the GG.
    hammer likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Don't care. GG feels as light as the TE when riding them and works slightly better overall.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    back to back wins...

[IMG]
    BILLF likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Older GG250, 2017 Beta 300RR, TE300 and the new GG. The GG stands tall in this group no problem. Owner of the TE said he loved the GG for the same reasons I do. All great bikes.

[IMG]
    shawbagga, NCSteve and BILLF like this.
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Which GG model was this? EX or EC?
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    XC300 no lights and the FMF pipe.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ride one.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I was impressed by the sound, fit and finish of the GG bikes at Endurocross. I was a member of the track crew and got very up close with them several times. They just sounded sweet.