GAS -GAS 2018

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by visiteur1948, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Almost 100% all new. Very few parts care over except some transmission / motor parts and even a lot of that has changed.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    We're all idiots for spending 10k on dirt bikes lol

To put this all into perspective saying I could afford to lose 10 pounds so the bike weighing extra doesn't matter is like saying don't buy my new headlight because squinting will help you see better. Everyone has their priorities and they don't go out spending all that money to drop weight on 2 bikes that have the same MSRP. Honestly think this is where GG messed up. Should have stayed at Beta pricing instead of KTM pricing so the consumer could justify the purchase and put it towards upgrades. 125/150/165 would never sell if weight didn't matter. I get the feeling while riding part but that doesn't help you pick it up off the ground or load it into a truck. This is all coming from a guy that owns a sherco which weighs quite a bit more than my Austrian tc250 did. There are a ton of reasons I like it more though.

All I'm saying is everyone has different expectations. I'll reserve my judgement for after I actually get to ride one but I think everyone can admit that on paper KTM makes everyone else look pretty far behind right now. I'm still waiting to test ride a small bore, you all have made me want one for years lol
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is where I am at. I don't care if it weighs 5 pounds one way or another, if it works it works.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

look at my posts ...all facts heavy and no counterbalcer....never said a word about the handling...good or bad...but it is 10-15 pounds heavier...and vibrates more...all simple to figure out..some guys benchmark are 200 pound women....its all good what works for one guy may or may not work for another...me losing 10 pounds would not make up for the weight of the bike...depends who you talk to on which bike has a better engine...the shop I deal with gives the nod to the husky....
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    Rumor is new cases with integrated starter next. I got a good look at Steve Hatch's bike at a Jarvis school but didn't get to ride it. It didn't seem any taller than my Beta with the shock lengthened / raised 15mm. I'm also not a whiner about weight, my bikes have to survive rock gardens so a few lbs invested in sturdy intelligent construction is good IMO for the masses who don't buy a new KTM/Husky every year. I guarantee I could break a KTM before a GG or a Beta. GGs always were tough, good handling bikes with great motors, its only the QC that sucked. This seems to have been addressed.
    rancher1 likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    New motor for 19?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ride number 5 on the GG. Sloppy technical rooty gnar. The bike rules and long time ride partner (on Beta 300) says I am faster on the GG than the 2017 TE250 I rode last year. I ride with him all the time so we know each others pace. The bike tracks so amazingly well it makes everything easy. That and the amazing motor / suspension make the bike a joy to pilot. I did mess with the clickers some and found more rock compliance without making the bike loose feeling.

[IMG]
    robertaccio, gots_a_sol and NCSteve like this.
  9. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    bike looks fantastic and most reviews seem to be very positive.... so many great bikes out there these days, easy to nitpick and peck away on a keyboard.
    motorpsycho and Motosportz like this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    we are on the same page for terminology. I lowered my AER air pressure for plush "spring" rock compliance but she became way too loose up front for me. I will try with my latest 9.5 setting and if need be open comp a little.....now back to the G-G thread.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    EURO 2 strokes are alive and well!!!
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Ridden back to back the GG has WAY more down low than the TE300 and noticeably more the the Beta. It feels like a true bigbore but very refined. TE300 owner who rode it said it had so much power it needed about 2 gears. It pulls from crazy low RPM. It's fantastic on gnarly hill climbs of which we have a lot here. Claws its way to the top, with or without you.

The GG seemed like it signed off on top to me. But made so much bottom and mid it really did not matter.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wonder if that simply equates to FWW/crank intertia.

Maybe I will try a FWW on my TX,,,but really for me its not needed, for my taste the TX goes from zero to hero using the Rekluse as a start crutch!
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

No, it makes noticeably more power. I've always thought the new balanced motor is a little soft on the bottom. My 02 CR250 feels stronger down low than the 2017 TE250 I rode last year.
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think I did pick up the bottom some from stock with the combo of Vforce 4 and quad flow torque wing with good JD jetset as well as the gnarley with the 2.1 no S/A muffler. Hmm if I can get a ride on the NK696 machine.....just to feel it.
    Kelly how's the vibe factor....this dang new fangled C/B shafty motor is very deceiving in feel as smooth as it is. I know that all you do is go up a gear to settle the chassis and smooth the power on these 300s.
  18. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    More than the TX? Or more than the TE? The '18 TX I rode was a hand full. I have not ridden a TE.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I rode the GG back to back with a 2017 TE300. I also rode the TX300 back to back with the GG but out in the dez. They felt similar out there.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

It was smooth to me. Not as smooth as the new balance shaft motors. Smoother than the Beta which never bothered me either. I rode a YZ250 the other day and was appalled how viby it was.