1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Any 17 501 Owners Yet?

Discussion in '4st' started by Huskynoobee, Sep 22, 2016.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    What gearing came on it? Here in the US the offroad version
    come with 13 50
  2. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    My 450 just came with 14/45.
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I think the street legal bikes come with that gearing (14 45) which is quite useless unless your commuting
    Wadzy likes this.
  4. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Hi guys, has anyone complete their emission delete process. I'm hoping that someone could share what individual hoses and parts needs to be removed? I'd prefer to remove instead of block. In Canada we don't have emissions compliance program or aircare, EPA so no need to keep it. I'm keeping the bike so resell is not a factor.

I know I'm asking a lot but would anybody mind taking a stab at listing the components that can be removed?

The more information the better.

Thanks a ton guys! :cheers:
  5. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Disregard guys, I figured it out.
  6. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    I removed the EGR valve off of the head and plugged with an OEM plug and washer off of a 16' 450. Then I removed the plastic charcoal canister that is hidden in the frame between the radiators. This had three hoses going out of it. I removed all of them. For the gas tank vent hose, I used an OEM hose and plastic elbow off of a motocross model. Then there is the plastic thing on top of the transmission. This got removed along with all the hoses and such. I made a jumper wire for the electrical connector that went to it.
    nsrrider and Wadzy like this.
  7. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

Wow. Can't imagine pulling out the canister was easy eh? What a pile of hoses and EPA junk.
  8. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    How many hours to break in the motor and how long unit first oil change guys? :popcorn:
  9. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    I had to carefully use a sawzall. It made a terrible mess.
  10. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Would of loved to of seen that. Just had to go eh?
  11. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Rekluse ExpCore 3.0

Has anyone installed this on their 2016 or 2017 FE 501? :cheers:
  12. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    No one? Really...
  13. octagon pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501s 2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450FX Tenere 700
    Rekluse clutches are well discussed, summary being their stuff is well made. Some swear by the auto clutch effects, some do not. The stock clutch on these bikes is very good, but, of course, you have to provide the modulation. It seems I have heard that they contaminate the oil a bit quicker than standard clutch. Not sure if they run hotter, but I would think they might in heavy usage.

As an ancillary issue to consider, I don't know if the 17s have the "cush" rubber blocks in the clutch hub but I suspect they do, as the pre 17 models did. I also don't know if using a rekluse retains the stock clutch basket, but if not, those dampers would be gone and they are good to have in your driveline for any street riding.
  14. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJ09, Triumph Tiger Cub
    Installing mine tomorrow on a 17 FE450.......it's my third and I love the kluse'
  15. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Wow, really eh. Expensive habit you have. LOL Love to hear you feedback after you take her for a rip in the trails and single track. Cheers!
  16. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    this snow is driving me nuts......might be rideable conditions in a week or so I hope.....and yes, expensive habit.....bought a 2nd set of D/S wheels, Rekluse, Mosko luggage, big tank, seat....crap, the list goes on.....hope this thing is worth it!
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    So, lots of posts about what you guys are spending and removing. HOW DOES IT RUN? Does removing the smog crap make a big difference - it should. We need ride reports! Don't make me go get one so I can find out. We've got sunshine and chocolate dirt. I don't know how you guys can handle buying a new bike in the dead of winter and just looking at it and bolting stuff to it.
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    It should run good just like the 2014-2016 models run. No major engine changes overall. Should be a good solid reliable bike.
  19. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Installed the 3.0 Rekluse today and rode it around just a bit to seat the clutch in. Clutch install was a breeze. Still too much snow here (off-road) to get much of a sense of the bike. Power possibly seems down from my FX450 Husaberg but it only has a couple of miles on it and it quite quiet, exhaust wise. Steering seems very light as does the whole bike although on the scales it was only 12 LBS less than my Berg (also fitted with a Shorai battery- so 4 LBS of that 12 is not the battery)
    Seat is a rock, I have a "soft" Seat Concepts kit to install....hopefully that will be an improvement.
    I really need a full off-road day of riding it to give much of ride review though.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Actually there are quite a few changes to the motor which is why they took so long to get through CARB. Just curious if they are ridable out of the box.
    Kam1 and nsrrider like this.