1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Any 17 501 Owners Yet?

Discussion in '4st' started by Huskynoobee, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Like the title says. Would like to hear what you think.
  2. husky501 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Fe501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Ktm250sxf, 2011 Ktm350sxf
    My local dealer said we won't see them around my neck of the woods until late next month.. They say word has it, its just going to be a facelift 2016 S model though. I can't wait to see what its actually going to bring though
  3. Meatmord Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none, shopping
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZF R6, YZ250, CRF250l
    I have a deposit on one for delivery in November. Will report.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  4. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    I'm also waiting on one in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Eta December.

Does anyone know how many horsepower the new 501 produces?

Also, how is everyone making out locating crash protection for the new 17 FE 501? Most of what I've seen naturally has not been released as the bike hasn't been either.

I'd love to hear what everyone is thinking of doing to there bikes?

Does anyone know what kind of tires the FE 501 comes with, would it make sense switching to the Shinko 505 and a Goldentyre fatty on the front right out of the gate? I ride a lot of rock and roots, technical climbs.

Cheers,

Christian
  5. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  6. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

Nothing earth shattering but still info nevertheless. I can't believe they didn't mentioned horsepower. Unless I glazed over it.

Attached Files:

7. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Trying to find out the length of the 2017 FE 501 shifter length, does anyone know the length? Safe to assume 10mm?
  8. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    No body yet eh? If anyone knows of a test and ride mot review please pass it on.
  9. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    nsrrider likes this.
  10. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Guys, I heard threw the Thumper Forum that for the USA the FE is held up in CARB in California re: emissions.

Most believe its because of the mapping.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    It probably runs too good.
  12. Meatmord Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none, shopping
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZF R6, YZ250, CRF250l
    Disappointing.
  13. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    I spoke to Canadian Husky dealer today and they have confirmed that there FE delivery is delayed until Dec/Jan.
  14. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

My Husky dealer said not to expect an FE501 until Feb at the earliest. They are still sitting in Austria waiting for approvals.
  15. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Hi Scotty, Nice pic on your profile btw. Sweetness. Hey thanks for the update on your end.

Is this in eta in the USA or in Canada?

Also, while I have you. Have you had much luck negotiating a decent $PRICE$ on your 2017 FE 501?

In Western Canada they are listed at $11,999 and they love to try and throw Freight/PDI $650 and their lovely Doc fee of $195.

Dealers if they know your going to be a good customers and are planning to purchase parts from them are usually willing to help out a bit. I.e $750-$1000 off the price.

Anyways, any pricing intel on your end and also who shared the eta with you.

Have a good weekend! :cheers:
  16. Emig5m Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    So glad I got a nice 2016 a couple months back so I could enjoy some riding during nice weather! I had to ride NOW and it definitely doesn't make sense to buy a motorcycle in the middle of the winter! I haven't had a bike in 6 years so the 2016 was just like a brand new model for me, hehe. Plus I think the 16 at least looks better than the 17. I've been having fun riding an average of 4 days a week NOW where otherwise I would be waiting until spring to ride and like I said, I've been bike-less for 6 years and have had the itch real bad for a bike for the last 2 years and just couldn't wait any longer, lol. I'm really happy with my 16 but I'm curious to read the reviews and see some YouTube videos on the new model. Actually, I plan on at least going to the dealer to sit on them when they arrive.... Who knows, if I like it enough maybe I'll trade in.....
  17. Emig5m Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Oh and, I just was wondering, all the 501s are road legal now? As in, there's no separate Enduro and Dual Sport anymore?
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is correct. There will be no S model. All FE. The cool part is that there was never a 450 S (at least stateside) model. So now there's a 350, 450, and 501.
  19. Emig5m Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I'd be inclined to buy a second bike if they made a 250 or 300cc 2-stoke street legal bike (based on a MX-like bike platform like the FE that is....)
  20. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Completely agree~!