1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Any 17 501 Owners Yet?

Discussion in '4st' started by Huskynoobee, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Xriderdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR360 SW / WR360 IT / FE501 AU
    Other Motorcycles:
    BUL MK3,KAW KE100,CZ 988-1,YAM FZ1
  2. Xriderdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR360 SW / WR360 IT / FE501 AU
    Other Motorcycles:
    BUL MK3,KAW KE100,CZ 988-1,YAM FZ1
    What brand of mirrors are those CB? Do they have extension?
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    They look like the powermadd ones.
  4. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    The mirrors are Highway Dirtbikes and no extension.
  5. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJ09, Triumph Tiger Cub
    Finally got to take the 17 FE450 out to the dirt for its maiden ride. The heavy snow around here pretty much screwed us for any riding. My mods at this point are Sedona knobbies, 13/47 gearing, 3.2 Acerbis tank, Rekluse, hand guards etc. I'm coming off a 2011 Husaberg FX450 for reference. I had some concerns before the ride about the OEM mapping and general power output--the exhaust and intake seem pretty restrictive and I was hoping I could keep the OEM canister to avoid the obnoxious snarl that I had on the Berg. The ride was at 4-corners OHV in Central Oregon--not my preference for off-road...but the best I could do in February around here. It's basically high-desert with roller coaster, sandy/rocky and higher speed (wide) single track.

Back to the bike: the suspension is soft but in the ballpark (for me at 175 LBS w/o gear) and the new forks seem superior to the 4CS forks on the Berg. Fueling was spot-on at 4000FT and power, while not overwhelming seems comparable to the Berg. Steering is light and the bike feels a bit lighter than the actual 12 LBS lighter weight than the Berg would suggest. All in all, I'm really pleased with the 17...I have also been investing in equipment to make it a lightweight adventure bike. 2nd set of wheels with taller gearing and 50/50 tires, Mosko rackless luggage, Seat Concepts seat GPS etc.

Unfortunately, the ride ended in a trip to the ER for me :( Stupid crash... but body is just battered-not broken. I feel lucky, it was maybe the most violent crash I've had in 50 years of dirt riding....I can think of a half-dozen lesser falls that resulted in various broken bones. And the REAL shame of it? My f**king GoPro ran out of battery just prior to it :(
  6. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Great details NS. Sorry to hear about the crash. Maybe you could add steering stabilizer to your long list of modz. Not being a jerk, just saying. Not even sure it would of helped obviously not knowing the scenario of the crash. I'm at the same weight and just upgraded the suspension to firm. I also will be adventure riding so the weight will climb and I'd prefer to utilize the full benefit of a proper set up. I'm headed down to Washington next week to have the EU map installed and then I finally get to ride her. Looking forward to trying out my new Rekluse, sure hope I don't regret it. I'm a bit of a traditionalist which is a problem because I love to try new modz and inventions that can help me in anyway. LOL
    nsrrider likes this.
  7. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, I've been thinking along the same lines regarding the steering dampener......don't know if it would have saved me (I'm still a bit foggy on the crash)---but it wouldn't have hurt! As far as the Rekluse, this is my 3rd and I wouldn't have a dirt bike w/o it now. Let us know how the re-map works!
  8. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Wadzy,
    Was just looking at the 501 and the best price was in Vernon at Riders Edge. I tried buying one in Kamloops but the sales guy talked me out of it. List price but a husky sticker thrown in was a no go and killed the deal. Yikes. Cam.
  9. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Sicass rear and Zeta front mods with some other little bits.

Attached Files:

10. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    do like the looks of that FMF......how loud is it?
  11. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Uber loud! Its a beast!
  12. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  13. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Great looking bike for sure. I was considering a 4.1 for my 501 but Uber loud is definitely not my bag so maybe I'll pass plus I need to meet sound check levels.
  14. octagon pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501s 2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450FX Tenere 700
    hey Wadz, good looking build! You might wanna check the routing on that wiring near the muffler. those should be up above the black sub-fender and not exposed. might melt