1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Any 17 501 Owners Yet?

Discussion in '4st' started by Huskynoobee, Sep 22, 2016.

1. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    Someone mentioned that adjusting the TPS up would cause negative issues.. Anyone know what they are and how to look for it?
    Thanks.
    Stock was .58 and I've set it at .75 with the FMF factory 4.1 and it's running great! No other MOD's so far.
  2. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

I can relate. I just got my visa bill and almost fell out of my seat. Firm Suspension upgraded, Scotts Steering Stab, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, Front integrated guards, rear brake light kit with flush mount lights, disk protection, Sprockets, Shinko tires, non restricted intake boot, FMF 4.1 pipe, new Tourtech Carbon helmet of course LOL. Still needs rad protection plus other...
  3. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Are you guys hearing what I'm hearing about the ECU being unlocked on the 2017 FE501? If this is true how does one go about getting Euro maps. I guessing its pretty dam hard unless you happen to know someone in Europe willing to help or who has a 17 FE501?
  4. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    I have spoke to two different Husky Dealers that say it can be done! ECU mapping...
  5. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Okay, I sold my beloved TE-630 and seriously thinking of the impossible.......a 501. Someone talk me out of a 2017!! Hurry, times ah-wasting! :-) Maybe I should just pick up one of those cool looking Honda 250L Rally's?! I know, very different bikes but heck.......they're half the price!

So what's the latest on the Ascebes big tanks for the 2017's? What mods have people actually done on this thing. I know a couple dealers have sold a bunch but I haven't read much on what people are doing to clean them up and adventureize them.

I was thinking handguatds, rack, gps mount, big tank, folding mirrors, seat concepts, Q4.
  6. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    I just picked up my bike yesterday. Here is what I putting on this weekend.

Shinko Tires
    Master Cylinder and Brake caliper blue bling
    Zeta Integrated Hand guard signals
    Power Madd Mirrors
    Scott Steering Stab
    Rekluse
    Black Swing Arm guard
    Bullet Proof Disk guard
    Block Adjuster Blue
    13/48 Blue Sproket
    Rear SicAss Brake Light and Signals
    Intake boot
    Blue Ano FMF 4.1 pipe
    Upgrade Firm Suspension front and rear
    Deleted Smog
    Added Map for aftermarked pipe
    Lock tight and add anti-seize to all the bits.
    Adjust TPS to 0.75
    crazybrother and Huskyfly like this.
  7. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Pictures please.
  8. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    I'm taking mine in to the Husky Dealer on Saturday (Different State) that said he could re-map the ECU... Will update when I return...:thumbsup:
  9. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

The only map that is available for 2017 is the map for the aftermarket pipe mapping. This is because KTM offers a upgrade pipe. I believe its in their powerparts catalog. So it not specifically made for the FMF or others but it does run better with this map.
    nsrrider likes this.
  10. Andrew1941 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K 1200 GT, Kawasaki KLX 250 S
    Mine is in the garage, put there yesterday. I ride in the winter in New England so I want to make it warmer. Coax plug for heated jacket liner and heated grips, done. The Husky grip heaters use a resistor for low output. Not good for battery drain so I will change to an Oxford controller, more efficient. Change out the headlight bulb for lower watt LED. I don't think the stock light is much good anyway. Add driving lights in case I need to ride at night. Any input on mounting the driving lights? Hopefully I will be able to ride with the grips and jacket on without draining the battery. I do not like the idea of changing the stator.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yeah, I checked with my local KTM dealer about what they are doing with the 500EXC. They said you sign the waiver stating that it's no longer road legal and they load a "Euro" map. There is no other map available here in Cali on their KTM service tool. They also mentioned that until the bike is paid for the ECU is locked by KTM. It won't start until it's yours. Not sure how accurate that is, but don't totally doubt it.
    Wadzy likes this.
  12. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

I spoke with a guy in California and he said on Friday that he had his 2017 FE501 loaded with a map called "Green EU". To be noted this is not the EU race map. Apparently there is a EU racing map available as well.

Is anyone else hearing or had any experience with their dealers successfully loading the "Green EU'? Also, I'm hearing that there is a plug available to add the traction map.

Anyone else have similar or additional intel?
  13. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJ09, Triumph Tiger Cub

:popcorn:
  14. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Does anyone own a 2017 FE501 outside of California ? I here they are open to loading the EU map. Thoughts?
  15. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Wadzy,
    Lets see some pictures of the new bike. Why keep us waiting?

I can't wait to see a '17 with some upgrades.

I just finished watching the Supercross races and they had a local commercial about "Tucson Cycle Ski & ATV" announcing that they are the new Husqvarna Dealer since former KTM/Husqvarna Dealer "Performance Cycle Center" closed the doors last spring.

I want to go look at the new models first hand.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just don't look at the tires BT. It's s real bummer what they are mounting up
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    They don't last long on the mighty 501. The rear gets tore up lickety split.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  18. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Hi guys, sorry for the delay. We got hit with a bit of a snow storm and been out of town. All I've done thus far is tires, master & brake cylinder blue bling and the Tusk adjuster block. All uneventful boring stuff. I'll will say these Tuff adjusters are a world better than the stock and makes adjusting much easier/accurate.

Attached Files:

reveille and Big Timmy like this.
  19. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    I'm the guy from California. My bike has been remapped with the TPS now set at .60 and it runs great!
    Here are my MOD's:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Huskynoobee and Huskyfly like this.
  20. crazybrother Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200
    Verified Map installed! Verified by a second dealer... PM for Details.
    Part #KM796EU17G0201