650 Terra, let's get buyers count

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mike_B, Oct 18, 2012.

1. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Matches the Beetle :)
  2. TerraCzar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Welcome aboard! It looks chilly there. Enjoy.
  3. spiderman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 KLR650 07 Bandit1250 85 Rokon
    Add me to the list. Brought home my Terra today from Hall's in Springfield, Ill. They have the Moss tool and had already done the adjustment. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the valuable info. Now to begin the mods!
    HuskyDude and TerraCzar like this.
  4. Ryguy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 terra
    Hello new to the forum, picked up a 650 terra or Tera as I like to call her march 4th from the husky dealer in montrose colorado. It was the second one he has sold so far, mine was in the showroom with 0 miles. They also had one outside that I took for a test ride and one more in a crate still. Pretty happy so far, I bought it to replace my 2008 klr650. really liked the klr for what it is but love the terra. got it on advice from a good friend out in california who traded in his klr650for a terra. rode it for a week in grand junction then loaded it in the work truck and brought it to Vegas where I'll be for the next few months. Riding it to work everyday in Vegas traffic and exploring the desert on my days off. Very happy with this bike so far.
    HuskyDude, TerraCzar and Coffee like this.
  5. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    Hello all, I picked up a TR 650 Terra yesterday at North Georgia Powersports, i did a test ride of 3 miles before purchasing, no hiccups so far. they had a demo bike that i rode several miles. I plan on adventure riding.
    HuskyDude, TerraCzar and Coffee like this.
  6. boysie Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    New Terra yesterday... Only done 8 miles due to poor weather but so far the bike seems to fit the bill... Impressed with the fact that it seems to have Stainless spokes. Also the frame alignment is spot on.. Something I’m very fussy about.

I would like to think in the future there will be some sort of development regarding fuel map options. PC or something similar, as this would give the option of freeing up the exhaust, removing the air injection and O2 sensors etc.
    Luge, HuskyDude and TerraCzar like this.
  7. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Expect a PCV for purchase in about 4 weeks.
    Toyboy likes this.
  8. Traveldoc Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati,Honda,Montesa,Scorpa
    G'day, picked up my new Terra 650 yesterday and joined this forum today. Sold a BMW HP2 that I had for 6 years and eventually decided was too heavy for the riding I'm interested in. And I didn't need to go 200kph on dirt roads any more. First ride very good, smooth and plenty of torque. So far so good.
    Steve (Sydney Australia)
  9. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Hey Doc! Welcome. Glad to hear of another satisfid TR owner. I think the reason you haven't had many replies is that there is a similar thread posted a few pages back on the forum.
    I too bought the TR after I realized my 1100 cc bike was no longer relevant. After riding the Strada I was hooked. Should take delivery this week.

Check out the the thread below if you like. Perhaps a kindly Cofffee drinking mod will merge this with the other thread :)

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/650-terra-lets-get-buyers-count.28258/
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    My Bad... that was totally my fault. Sorry Traveldoc...:notworthy:

Right in the middle of me moving your post around yesterday...a guy called from out of Province to buy my Trails bike.

I'm really sad to see her go.:cry:
  11. Traveldoc Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati,Honda,Montesa,Scorpa
    Huh? i don't understand what you have to be sorry about. I joined the forum and saw a thread for new members. Didn't realise that TR 650 was dealt with separately. Apologies.

And now a newby question: My "buyers kit" came with keys, flash drive, hard copy Owners Manual and a small white plastic plug with USB symbol on it. What's it for?
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I did see that, not sure why your post was moved.

Welcome! :cheers:
  13. spiderman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 KLR650 07 Bandit1250 85 Rokon
    I've been trying to figure that out too.
  14. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Howdi Traveldoc. Good to see a few more Aussies with Terras starting to populate this forum.
    Chuffa likes this.
  15. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Picked up the Strada today! Logged about 75 miles. Can't wait to get out again. What a great bike! Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Grabbed some new Klim gear with the bike too--very nice stuff. I am still waiting on my Terra fender setup and the Altrider skid and crashbars. Touratech handguards and kickstand footplate are both very nice. I didn't realize the touratech handguard setup was all plastic (no metal protection like bark busters) but it looks great and I've read nothing but good reviews. Get offs are inevitable since I am new to offroad/ADV, I will post how they hold up.
    Chuffa and HuskyDude like this.
  16. Elfboy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR650R, DRZ400, DRZ250, VFR, VStrom
    Picked up my Terra yesterday from Moore and Sons in Santa Cruz, CA. Been hunting for a replacement for a V-Strom DL 1000. I wanted something lighter, improved gas milage to make a better daily commuter (110 miles a day). Also wanted something with some legs in the dirt since I've been doing a lot more of that the past few years.

So far its the smoothest thumper I've ever been on. Need to source some good handlebar risers though (that's how I found this forum actually). Absolute great deal compared to the KLR, Serrato and others in its class.
    Chuffa and HuskyDude like this.
  17. PDL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf 450X, Ktm 625 SXC....
    I jumped in yesterday! I picked up the Terra from PJ's in Albuquerque. I went ahead and got the skid plate and hand guards. Now for some miles...
    Chuffa, nev.. and HuskyDude like this.
  18. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Welcome! I highly recommend Motorsportz's Bar Risers. The fit and finish are top notch.
  19. Kevin Churchill Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200 GSA , Yamaha WR250R
    Picked up my Terra yesterday (April 13th) and rode back to Houston from Dallas....about 250 miles or so.
    Mostly kept RPM under 4000.
    This bike is being outfitted for a 21,000 mile trip to Alaska and then across Canada including the Labrador Trail, NFLD etc.
    Trip starts May 28th.
    I gotta get going on racks, crash bars ,a skid plate etc.
    kevin
    mario33, nev.., Chuffa and 6 others like this.
  20. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Sounds like a fun trip. If you head through Kamloops BC look me up please.
    After your 250m ride what do you think? Are you considering a different seat.

:cheers: