650 Terra, let's get buyers count

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mike_B, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Mike_B Husqvarna
    A Class

Post when & where you bought it. Then a brief description of riding habits on it: commuter, or adventure. Also how mamy miles & any hiccups you've had with it.
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Bought it Saturday, 13th Oct 2012 form :notworthy: ToyTech in Grantville PA. Was used as a Demo at the Husky dealer show in Atlantic City....got one hell of a one time discount to be honest. STOLE IT!!!:banana: Planning on dual sporting, commuting, lane splitting, wheelie-ing, goig fast like hell..:D So far 465 miles with no issues.....:love:
  3. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
    Have had mine 2 weeks, the first one to arrive at PJs in Albuquerque (a great dealer btw). Have logged about 400 miles, mostly commuting with a litle off road. 57 mpg on first fill up.

My intent is to use for commuting, a little dual sport, and errands. I have a Multistrada for the high speed adventure and a CRF450 for real offroad.

So far I like this bike A LOT. Easy to ride, light feeling, purrs like a kitten with decent snap, and looks better than the pics you can find. The whole architecture of the bike is very elegant and simple, contrary to BMer over engineering (IMO).

I almost got a Sertao a few months back, am so relieved I waited.

Needs a skid plate to protect the exposed undercarriage, and a small top box for the laptop.

No hiccups yet, runs good putzting through the 'hood and at 80 mph on the slap.

Rich in Placitas
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bought mine from Bills, great dealer great bike. Most of you have seen my full write up so just posting to get counted.
    Thomas Riser likes this.
  5. roscotom Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BMW F800GS Adventure
    I got my 650 terra at Malcolm Smith in So-California two weeks ago. I have logged 300+ Mountain highway miles so far with no issues. Carves the curves like a dream. Best $$$ I have spent in a long long time. Getting 62 mpg as of last fill up.
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, ok, it isn't actually mine yet, but it is inevitable :D
    Will ride the Strada before committing, but it's like a WoodsChick-sized adventure bike! I can ride it anywhere Eric can ride his 950, so...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Huskyfly likes this.
  7. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    Hi WoodsChick, just wondering how tall you are, the bike looks to fit you very well. Local dealer cant get a demo here until December. They look small and being a tall bloke I suspect I may look like a giraffe humping a monkey when riding one.
  8. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
    FYI I'm 6'3.5" 200# and this bike fits me great. I had the same worry, but not an issue.

Rich in Placitas
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow .. You look perfect on that perfect bike ...
    Coffee and WoodsChick like this.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm only 5'1", and while it looks like I fit on it really well, it's a tad on the tall side. This bike had 0 miles on it when we fired it up and rode it out of MotoXotica's showroom floor (thanks, Dan!) The pre-load was cranked all the way up and the sag wasn't set yet so I suspect it will fit me better once it gets set up and broken in. I thought it was going to be way too tall for a 400lb bike but I had no problems on the street. Eric is 6' with long legs and he fit on it great and found it quite comfortable...

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's true what everyone says: this bike looks way better in person than it does in photographs :thumbsup:
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks, ray_ray :)
    I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to ride the bike. I was preparing myself for disappointment on the way to the shop :o
    What with a 34" tall seat height and +400lbs, I was thinking it would be too tall for me. I had to get it rolling before actually sliding my butt back onto the seat all the way, but I've been doing that for years so I've got it down :thumbsup:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WC this bike is perfect for your adventures IMHO. Post your impressions in my TR650 thread please as you have a LOT of miles on a 610 / 630.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It appears Dan has a demo bike... :thinking:
  14. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 BMW r75, 1974 BMW R90, Bultaco
    I bought mine last week from BMW motorcycles of Atlanta. They said it should be in tomorrow or some time this week for me to pick up :)
    Apparently I got the first one in the city...maybe even state.
    I probably won't do a ride report of any sort seing that this is my first "modern bike."
    I'll probably be searching for the metal tank, mixture screws, idle adjustment and 2nd rear shock. :excuseme:
    Netteb16 and WoodsChick like this.
  15. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Dang I am hoping this bike is not too small for me at 6'-6".
    I showed my wife a picture of the bike (not the one with WC on it) and her immediate response was that it looked tiny.
    I did not see that, but I don’t scale things very well, nor do I see how ridiculous I look on a lot of bikes until someone takes a picture.
    If a 5'-1" person is even close to fitting, it sounds too small. :(
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The bike is not small. In fact i thought it was slightly tall for a bike with 7" of travel and a scooped seat. I'm 6 foot and it fits me great. You shouod be fine.
  17. Pepe Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 BMW 1200GS
    Hi!
    Bought it like 2 1/2 weeks ago. I think the 1st bike out of Long Beach BMW/Husqvarna dealership. I've put like 400 miles mostly in the canyons and city riding. I love this bike!! Everything is working great!!! I bought it to ride in the city, some canyon riding and will do light off-road as much as I can.
  18. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Hi,
    Picked up a Terra on the 12th from Dan @ Xotica. Despite the preload being wound up tighter than Mike Tyson. I found myself covering 426 miles the first days ride. This started on hwy1, nth to Stewarts Point. Across Skaggs Springs rd to Healdsburg. Nth River rock to Ukiah. Back on 101 to Hopland, 175 over to lake county. Then some 30 miles of dirty gravel and such up and around Stoneyford. Out to Williams and I5 back to the bay. At 5' 10" and 150 i don't pack much padding, in addition to the preload, i was definitely feeling like a first time rodeo punter. Only this bronco packs more of a punch than a kick and it sure don't buck around like the bronco's of rotax yester year!
    That fist day 2800 rpm or below first 200 clicks, then upto 4500 and below for the later part. Days end i tolled up my gas tickets and averaged 68mpg! Since then it's still been in the 60's, 58 at worst!
    Only problem i have experienced is an overheat. Hopefully sounds worse than it is and mores to the point, back at Moto Xotica today Kevin and Dan put my mind at rest once it became clear the main cooling system was evidently low( despite the overflow tank being full) and showed signs of air entering the system. Post test ride, all seems to be restored. Many thanks gentlemen!
    At the same time On Dan's suggestion the front forks were dropped close to 1/2". Point being, despite the unbelieveable ability to hold an extremely tight line without faulter. I find the bike displays a very slight top heaviness to it's nature. Which is puzzling being as everythings strung so low. Not truly apparent till your actually rolling, then i find it ever so slightly wants to meander. Not a deal breaker, but just a slight niggle i want to resolve. I don't hesitate lane splitting, but it makes me slightly leary coming from an F8 that was ridiculous in this function( as in amazing)
    But hopefully the 1100 miles covered in the first 5 days, still with the over wound shock ( hella' fun on the curves mind) says enough. I'm smitten with the new kitten. It's so darn well planted, built and drop dead gorgeous. I'd say it slots slap between the old G650 X series and the larger F800. Feels like a dirt bike and knows exactly what to do on the street. For which that extra few pounds of fat play a crucial role. Hard to find the perfect all rounder. But kudo's to Husky for creating a brilliant first hand attempt to motomorphosize not only two brands of machine.. But one truly capable of wearing a new crown. This bike sort of breaks the mould! Just my humble 2c.......yes, i'm a Rotax Freak! Cheers~fleche
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    WoodsChick, I see you have Acerbis guards on your bike. I guess the dealer installed them, but I was wondering how they mounted up. It seems every set I put on is a wrestling match to get the bar ends "square" with the bars. 'Never seems to happen the way it should. Great looking bike; I've got my name on one and waiting for it to arrive.
    MotoXotica likes this.
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I did it! Money down, and a road trip tonight to the dealer (9 hours, one way) and back tomorrow. Have a ride planned on Sunday. It's a motorcycle weekend!