650 Terra, let's get buyers count

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mike_B, Oct 18, 2012.

1. hudler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    I finally picked up my Terra on Saturday April 27!!! I put a deposit down back in January without even seeing one in person. The road trip was about 7 hours one way, a friend and I checked out the bars in the big city and had alot of fun Friday night. Saturday morning up early with a big head and drove about a half hour to get the bike. The bike is a work of art, not one mile on it and the dealer had everything ready to load into the back of my truck. I got it registered monday and took it for a short rip around the neighborhood, only about 10km, I noticed how light it feels and pulls like a tractor down low. What I thought was the gear indicator turned out to be the Odometer...at one point I though @#$% I'm not in fifth Haha. I was going to drive it to work today, but we got 4 or 5 inches of snow overnight...sad. The forcast calls for 70 F weather over the weekend so I am looking forward to a great get to know ya ride this weekend!!
    HuskyDude, Rick Rides and nev.. like this.
  2. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    :lol:
    Rick Rides likes this.
  3. joebtx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    I got mine at Napalm Motor Sports in Austin, Texas. I live in Fort Worth and it was a three hour drive down there in a Jeep Rubicon with a real strong head wind. We got 13 miles to the gallon going down to pick it up. My bike after 350 miles seems to be to lean, so I am going to add a "BoosterPlug" from http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/husqvarna-23c1.html.
    It is said to richin it up by about 6% across the whole rpm range. It works by telling the ECU that the temperature is about 25 degrees colder than it is.

Right 3-4 Front.jpg Drivers View.jpg
    TerraBri, HuskyDude and Rick Rides like this.
  4. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    Congrats on the new Terra!..You will love it!, Please let me know how the plug works out. I feel like my Terra could use 6% plus some!....I feel you about the Jeep. I drove from TN to Chicago and had about the same mileage in a 06 Rubicon. Those 4.0's are good engines, but thirsty.. Luge.
  5. SnackAZ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XL250R
    Hello everyone… Last week, I picked up my new Terra from Performance Cycle Center in Tucson. I paid $6750 OTD with tax, title, and license. The bike runs great and does not seem to have the off-idle stumbling issue… (VIN #5752 built January 2013). It’s everything I hoped it would be, and more!

Here in Arizona, we have just two Husky dealers… Phoenix and Tucson. I was planning to buy from the local Phoenix dealer but they recently decided NOT to order any more Terras and they just returned their MOSS tool. Apparently, the tool cost around $4500 and they could not justify the expense/ROI with only a handful of bikes sold and possibility that Husky will discontinue the BMW-based bike. With no local dealership options, I looked west to California since I travel there every month or two.

I contacted six dealerships spread across Southern California … Bert’s Mega Mall, Mountain Motorsports, B&B Cycles, Malcolm Smith, Moto Forza, and GP Motorsports (last two in San Diego). Each of these dealers had a Terra advertised on Cycle Trader between $5599 and $6299. I managed to negotiate OTD prices between $6500 and $7250 including CA tax (but no license/reg since I live in AZ). Three days before my trip to purchase in CA, the Tucson dealer dropped their Cycle Trader price so I gave them a call. The result was the second lowest OTD price, a much shorter journey, and no follow-up MVD visits. I'm very satisfied with the deal and the bike.:)
    HuskyDude likes this.
  6. joebtx Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Hey Luge
    Apparently the booster plug is a fix for BMWs as Boosterplug.com has a bunch of BMWs listed . On Marks (Big Dog Adventures) web page (http://www.bigdogadventures.com/11HuskyTR650.htm), he was the first to try the booster plug on the Husky and it worked for him and he has been around the block a few times. It works by telling the ECU that it is colder than it really is. This will mess up the temp on the odo screen on the bike, but mine is way off anyway. I have spent so much money already that my purchase of the Booster Plug is going to have to wait for a while, but I know I really need one.
    JoeBtx
    Luge and Rick Rides like this.
  7. Rick Rides Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wife's 250 Kaw
    http://www.bigdogadventures.com/11HuskyTR650.htm

Now that is quite the ride report from Big Dog! Great ideas and the Boosterplug sounds like it could be the answer. I look forward to his next upgrade posts. Very clever and thoughtful work.
    Wish I lived closer to him for one of those fine rides that look tailor-made for the TR650.
  8. Rick Rides Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wife's 250 Kaw
    IMG_1616.JPG Just some eye candy this Saturday View attachment 26050 View attachment 26051 Moab area in Utah.
    After a ride in Onion Creek and beyond, back to Castle Valley (the above pics show the valley below) up to the top of Sand Flats Road and back to camp. Great first off/on road ride suited to the Terra perfectly.
  9. Rick Rides Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wife's 250 Kaw
    IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1687.JPG

Still snow up north by Park City Utah. Got to go back to the dessert!
    TerraCzar, nev.., mario33 and 2 others like this.
  10. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Fantastic photos Rick Rides !
  11. Thomas Riser Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR 250
    Bought mine at Bills Husky in Salem Oregon about three weeks ago. Love these guys. Lon was my salesman. I will always go back to these folks for all my needs. I have been riding it almost non-stop since. I've been off road once( work too much) and was impressed with the versatility. First order of business will be a skid plate, small windshield, and rear fender cut down. I've been a motorcross rider in my past as well as a CBR 900 rider. This summer is going to be amazing!!
    mario33, krussell and HuskyDude like this.
  12. TerraBri Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Shadow 750
    I just bought the terra from Bentley's near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on May 18.2013 and I love it!! Just one question though. What's the Mode button for? I want to do some adventure touring on it down to Senica Rocks in West Virginia, maybe get a little silly on it from time to time.
    TerraCzar and HuskyDude like this.
  13. Tazzierob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1991 Yamaha XT600
    The M button is basically only used to reduce the hours and minutes values when setting the clock. Why it isn't used to scroll through the menu options of the display I have no idea, as that seems more logical to me. If there are some more advanced settings that can be reached by pushing it for a certain time, I don't know
    TerraBri likes this.
  14. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    They took the dash out of the Nuda parts bin. On the Nuda the Mode button is used to change between dry and wet road EFI maps.
    tweber and HuskyDude like this.
  15. Tazzierob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1991 Yamaha XT600
    I did notice the same dash, interesting.
  16. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Got a Strada June 1st from Grand Prix Motorsports in CO. I have never done any off-pavement riding, but plan on easing my way into it over time. I've put about 130 miles on it now, and have had no hiccups. Runs great, loving it.
  17. Teacherman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    08' KTM 200 XC
    I am either a genius or I am insane. 4 days ago I had never heard of the Terra. Today I drove 4 hours from East TN to Hager's in Rock Hill, SC to pick up my new one. I was trying to trade my Versys for an XR650l locally because I think they are awesome. A buddy shoots me a link to a Terra video, I sign up for this website and read religiously for a few days, drive, test ride, fall in love, get an awesome deal, drive home. It even came with a skid plate and bar risers already mounted. I can't wait to ride. I am surprised that insurance is more for this than my Versys. I just deleted my link to the Versys forum (great people) on my iPad and replaced it with a link to Cafe Husky.
  18. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    Have your insurance agent check to see if it is correctly coded. My Terra insurance came in at $350+. My KLR 650 was $65. When I called to see what the deal was, they showed it as a Sport Bike. After screwing around with the VIN and other stuff, they determined it was incorrectly coded. (Allstate) The rate dropped drastically, though not to $65 like the KLR, but OK. In Washington state you are not required to have insurance for a motorcycle, but I do it for the liability and theft. If you got a loan, the lender would demand it to. Also need it if I ride to Oregon, etc.
  19. rajavw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    V Strom
    Just got mine at Long Beach BMW on Saturday 16th photo (10).JPG , they were delivering 2 more Terra at the same time!
  20. Husky John Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki V-strom DL1000
    Bought mine May29th, from Penco Power Products. Almost ready for 1st oil change, 450 miles. No problems and LOVE IT! So far put on Husky windshield, PIAA head light, mirror extenders and Wolfman Tail Pack. Ride to work and back and any dirt road/trail I can find around...And in Montana that's a lot of dirt!
    TerraCzar, HARDER1 and Chuffa like this.