650 Terra, let's get buyers count

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mike_B, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.
    When: 5/13/13
    Where: Simi Valley Harley-Davidson (aka Tri-County Motorsports)
    Riding habits: Basically to use as a 50/50 dual-sport bike. I like to ride in the dirt. But sometimes the dirt is 150 miles from home. Some commuting.
    Miles: 835
    Hiccups: None
    TerraCzar and Chuffa like this.
  2. JupBa22 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Bought it 6th May 2013 in Switzerland for 6800chf. (28% off published price for 2012). Have TR650 Terra with ABS (17inch rear wheel), skid plate, hand guards and screen as options.

Use mainly for road based adventure touring - already at 9000km after 7 weeks! Sahara 3 tyres lasted 7000km, replaced with Bridgestone BW501-502.

Very happy with it, turns heads, great fun and reliable so far. I had a F650CS so am used to the gear change clunking.
    TerraCzar, Chuffa and mario33 like this.
  3. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Hit 6k miles on my Strada last week. I've been riding a lot more off pavement than on, far more than I expected. I was thinking of going the Terrification route and adding spoke wheels etc. Ended up buying a Terra yesterday instead. Here's roughly the same pic I took on the way home from Bills on my Strada. Ironically, they paved the road a couple of weeks ago, still like the view though. Can't say enough about Bill's Motorcycles Plus.

[IMG]

And here's the new Terra in more applicable habitat after moving all the Strada goodies over.

[IMG]

BR Moto Racks / Wolfman Expedition Bags
    Wolflman Small Expedition Tankbag
    SW Motech Plate and Crash Bars
    OEM Large Windshield
    Barkbusters hand guards

I only have few things to do before I'm "done."
    - powerlet outlet in the left fairing
    - hardwire the GPS
    - mirrors, extenders, or something
  4. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Did you trade the Strada on the Terra or have you kept both ?
  5. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I kept it for now, will likely sell it. If I had room in the garage I think I'd seriously consider keeping it.
  6. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    With the prices the TRs have been selling for of late...if I had room and could stay married I'd seriously consider bringing a "spare" home. I reckon years from now I'll likely kick myself for not buying more than one. I really won't be shocked if 20 years from now these bikes are a high water mark bringing more than other DS from same era.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  7. pasomonte Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017, 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 650GS Sertao, KTM 450 EXC
    Bought Mine yesterday. I got it in Colorado for $7300. I own a BMW Sertao which I have ridden to to Argentina and will return to NM Next year. I will befarkle and dirt prep my TR650 in the next two weeks and make some big off-road trips( CDR. CoBDR) throughout the next two months. Mine will be outfitted for the dirty and light side of the equation. I havent ridden the bike much but it seems kind of hesitant and sounds like it has a potato up the pipe. It handles like a dream and I like the stock ergonomics.
    TerraCzar, HuskyDude and nev.. like this.
  8. ebrake Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR 250(sold)
    Guess I never added to this thread, might as well right now. Bought mine Terra at Countryside BMW outside of Chicago, IL back in the second week on Novemeber, a bike that was with the first wave of importsCan't really recall my exact otd price. Got about 4,200 miles on her almost all street because of my urban location, the bike is awesome on the street....nimble, quick, smooth and powerful. I have ripped some trails and she's a hoot!

Had the MOSS idle actuator reset done around 900miles. I have the stock rack and side bags being delivered on Friday and the wukka king being delivered tomorrow and a my new clutch cable(see the clutch cable rubbing thread) should be in by the weekend. I got tired of the stock tires and threw on some MT90's, which are great for me because I mainly ride on the street. This time next week I should be sitting pretty.

I don't plan on ever selling this bike
    TerraCzar and HuskyDude like this.
  9. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

These tires look like what I want, but am I correct that they simply aren't available for the Strada sizes? 110/80-19 and 140/80-17?
  10. ebrake Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR 250(sold)
    I couldn't tell you for certain, I was only looking for Terra sized tires. But my best advice to get the full range of what sizes they make for the MT90 would be to go to the Pirelli corporate website.
  11. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Is there a noticable differnce bewteen the Terra & Strada off pavement capabilites?
    I bought a Terra but wonder if I should have bought the Strada (with TKC's) for its ABS & tubless wheels.
  12. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

I've always owned road bikes or big 1000cc+ dual sports bikes, and the Terra is my first bike which leaned further towards off-pavemenet riding. The noticable differences are... larger wheels front and back. I'm sure someone can describe it better than me, but the larger wheels give a smoother off pavement ride because they will roll across the ruts and potholes rather than falling into them. The 21"/18" wheels will have a much wider choice of off-pavement tyres (not limiting you just to TKCs).
  13. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Just ventured into this topic. Got mine in May I believe. Bought it for exploring the desert and doing some prospecting.
  14. Scutler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TW200 Sold, 2009 SuzukiGS500F Sold
    When: 7/22/13
    Where: Reno Cycles and Gear
    Riding habits: 70/30 dual-sport bike. Commuting during the riding season, some 150 mile + trips, and some dirt riding in the Sierra Nevadas.
    Miles: 861
    Hiccups: Some overheating issues. Burped the bike but still not perfect. No MOSS tool in my area so a Wuka will be installed.
  15. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650
    Hey. I have about the same amount of miles as you and my strada has been overheating a lot lately. Each time I wait in traffic or on a red light I have to worry about the red warning light popping up. Just now I let the bike idle for about 8mins to check the oil level and the sucker overheats in a 65 degrees cool weather morning! Any idea if it's anything serious; the dealer said it's going to do that from time to time, but it's happening way too often it and too easily it
    seems!
  16. Scutler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TW200 Sold, 2009 SuzukiGS500F Sold
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/tr650-overheating.34169/ This thread has alot of info about our bikes and cooling issues. Burping the cooling system seems to help a good amount.
  17. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650