650 Terra, let's get buyers count

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mike_B, Oct 18, 2012.

1. sudakid Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    98' KTM RXC620, 00' Honda ST1100,
    i bought an 08 TE610 this evening! has most of the upgrades i would want and i didnt have to finance. maybe in a few years if the terra is still around i will splurge but for now i will talk up the terra to buddies looking for something along those lines.
  2. Bark Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Awesome, I'm sure there are time when I'll wish I'd gone that route...maybe when my situation allows two bikes, all the same I hope it winds up being the perfect bike for you.
    sudakid likes this.
  3. sudakid Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    98' KTM RXC620, 00' Honda ST1100,
    thanks bark, im still glad to be apart of the husky community and enjoy all the posts.
  4. Mark Regier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Agreed. Talked to my dealer yesterday, and Husky is sending him 5 Terras and he's got 8 buyers (according to the sticky notes on his wall with names and phone numbers). I'm first of the list, and when I mentioned "discussing price", he rather confidently stated that he's not coming down in price. Two months ago he got a shipment of 6 or 7 and they were all gone within 30 days. I'm generally a bargainer type, but it isn't looking good. I don't think I have much leverage here. Maybe your dealer is different?
  5. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Not sure where you are but Call Scott at Toytech. It is in Grantville, PA He will sell for 6600. Has 2 Terra's on the floor.....
  6. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Count me in for one! I got a Strada, but it is about to get Terra-fied with 21/18 spoke wheels and Heidenau K60's.

[IMG]
  7. spiderman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 KLR650 07 Bandit1250 85 Rokon
    That's kinda what I was afraid of. I'd like to bargain a bit but I think I'll be happy with 7K out the door. I'll pay the dealer a visit tomorrow and find out. Wish I was closer to Grantville, Pa. Thanks for the input guys.
  8. S3bird Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    I'm going to MCC today to check out a Terra. When I talked to them on the phone he mentioned something about an additional $800 for destination/set up, but I think that seems maybe a bit on the high side (the semi local Triumph dealer charges $595). I want to get some hard numbers on paper I can take to my credit union and possibly buy next weekend. Unfortunately this is going to cost me my 2003 Speed Triple to be either traded in or sold outright.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Regarding price, I've got the distinct impression that msrp would be a reasonable price.
    THEN, because it is a street legal vehicle, other fees would need to be added to it. Where I live that would include sales tax, license fees, etc - which, where I live is about 11.5% addition cost added to the bike.

HOWEVER - there are locations such as (I believe) Oregon, where there would be little addition cost added to the bike (if I actually lived there). But if I were to buy a bike in Oregon, I would still have to pay the 11.5% to register it where I live.

(note: 11.5% is just the number I came up with, the actual sales tax is much less, but the registration, etc seems to add up to about 11.5% total)

What I am trying to point out, is that some of the 'out the door' pricing information in this thread should be taken with a 'huge' grain of salt - because the prices are highly location dependent.
    spiderman likes this.
  10. Highfive Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE390, BMW F800GS
    Think Coffee is right on. It's certainly the Dealers prerogative to choose his own sale price. It is, in most cases, a privately owned business. Though you would think one that varies from MSRP much, would soon get "reputation" for it. However, supply & demand shall rule the day....in the end.

I warned everyone on the fence to go buy your TR650 quickly.....it's a real bargain at ANY price below $7,000. Seriously!

FWIW....Donnell's in Kansas City was very straight shooting. I paid exactly what they quoted me, not a penny more out the door. My price was $6,850 for the Demo unit which had racked up a few miles. Great folks, no shell games or paper shuffles. At the time, they were quoting $6,950 for the new ones.

HF
  11. TerraCzar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Nice, show us the pics after the "Terrafization"
  12. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Posting dealer's prices online is against my rules, but I will say this. There are PLENTY of dealers who don't tack on any fees not required by the state. There are PLENTY of dealers selling these below MSRP, even if only slightly.
  13. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Will do, but it will take a while. The parts will be in later this week, but it looks like I'm taking another "business trip" next week. So, I have one week to ride the heck out of this bike, then I have to put her up for three months. :eek:
  14. Stevo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell Blast
    I just bought mine at Keytime Motorsports in Warrens, Wisconsin. Can't wait for the winter to end.
  15. danielcure Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500. CR250, CBR400, CBR600RR, VTR1
    Bought mine on Friday March 8th, from Diamond Head Yamaha in Squamish (Vancouver, Canada). I am a avid dirt biker, adventure tourer :)
  16. eca Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interceptor (sold)
    Haha, I rode up to Squamish on Friday to check out your bike that afternoon. It was the only one that I could go see anywhere close to Van. Dealer wouldn't let me take it for a spin though :(
  17. BigJim Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Nightster
    I picked up a Terra from Ride Motorsports in Woodinville WA March 2nd . I wanted to get one from Bill's Husky in Salem OR, but they were out of stock at the time. I couldn't wait no longer...Still riding her gentle, to break her in. Can't wait to twist that little honey's throttle a bit and see what she'll do. Come on SUNSHINE!
  18. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Contratulatios BigJim, danielcure and Stevo, and welcome to the Terra crew! That makes more damand for farkles, so let them flow!
  19. johnb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz450f
    I got my Terra yesterday i couldn't help my self i had to ring her neck!:lol:
    lucky for her she is still not drestricted i think my dealer knows me to well :-)
    said he would do it at the first service.

She aint no R1 but still plenty of fun!
    nev.. and Coffee like this.
  20. S3bird Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    [IMG]
    Joined the club today