1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE449 Gearing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Dan, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Mike Dan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nighthawk 650, WR 250r, IT 175, Etc
    image.jpg I really appreciate everyone chiming in on this thread, but the topic has changed from gearing to tuning. All the talk about "Race Map II" made me wonder if the dealership added the power up plug that I requested when I purchased the TE449. I searched the forums and could not find much about the plug hidden under the CPU, so I thought I would make this easier for first time owners of a 2013 TE.
    I found the plug and immediately noticed that the jumper plug was not in place. image.jpg
    I made a jumper out of a small piece of solid core wire.
    Then just plugged it into the sockets labeled 1 and 2. image.jpg
    I put the cover back over the plug and tucked it back under the CPU and cranked up the bike. Viola! The TE is now in Race Map II. Time for a test ride. image.jpg
    OK, there is definitely a seat of the pants difference in horse power, and it will now run up to 90mph quickly! I can't wait to see how it feels on the trail since I only road tested it.
    I may still experiment with gearing, but the bike seems to pull 65 or 70mph without making me grit my teeth the whole time now. The trails that I normally ride are about 15 miles away by way of 485' the outer loop around Charlotte, where the speed limit is 65. Other drivers will run you over if you don't maintain 70mph.
    I think I'll leave the mapping alone until I decide to remove the cat from the stock muffler, or replace it.

Attached Files:

2. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    You will feel a MUCH bigger difference, with DECAT, or exhaust, and $40 remap...you will be surprised.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Mike Dan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will need to find a shop to send my computer to for the flash. It's obvious that the dealer I bought my bike from doesn't have the ability to do it. Do you have any suggestions? I read the forum about removing the cat. It looks like it will be a fight. I'll have to make sure I have plenty of cut off wheels.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  5. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro

I did find the quiet insert for the FMF silencer on my 511 really did take the harsh bark out of the exhaust note.
  6. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I have the quiet insert, never ran the exhaust without it, still a little to loud for me.
    I think it's only a couple of DB difference. I actually like the bark most of the time, but my neighbors, and in
    The woods quiet would be good.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    BTW, if you want an extra can to experiment with BMP has a few of the TE exhaust cans that I suspect they would sell.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  8. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I still have my stock can. I drilled the rivets out, and took a look at the CAT, but the FMF showed up and have just
    not gotten to removal. I have the rivets and gun ready, I will do some comparison soon. The only thing is it runs
    so good with the FMF, and it is so much lighter. Plus the new map works great with the FMF.
  9. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I am starting to want the new map ! lol
  10. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Just a side note . The stock redline is 10,750 rpm. 15-45 sprockets will spin a unloaded rear tire to 117 mph at 10,750 rpm. At 58.5 mph the engine is in the middle of it's rpm range at 5,375 rpm. With the JD and FMF powercore I have seen a 100 mph, that's 9,188 rpm in 6th gear going slightly up hill :) At this RPM the engine is getting into the over rev and will only produce less hp the higher up in the rpm's you go . The only way to go faster is with a re-map or pcv and piston / cams, porting... I recently did a airbox mod so I will be curious if the bike will push much harder past 100 ...
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    So I had the opportunity yesterday to let er' rip. With stock gearing I was pretty much topping out around 85 mph. I haven't had an opportunity
    to really open her up since going with a 48t rear sprocket until yesterday. Foresthill Road is the perfect place to let her rip. I had it up to 90mph and
    maybe could've gotten to 95 but it's hard to read that friciken' speedo when you're going that fast as I have to move the cables just to see it. I'll
    say 95mph would be max, though. That's with 48t rear, FMF, PCV (in perfect tune). There ya go.
  12. NYPDLT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KAWASAKI Z1000, CANAM SPYDER
    Hey Tinken. I have been reading this forum for the last 2 weeks and you seem to have much knowledge. I've been riding for almost 30 years on street bikes but new to enduro bikes. I live in NYC and I just purchased 2013 TE449 in Connecticut. I plan to convert it to a supermoto. I have a few questions please:

1. What is a power up plug/power up kit/power loop etc. ? Are they different parts or the same thing. (It was not included in my package). Where can I buy one and what does it look like ? Do you have a pic ? How is it installed ?

2. I read on this forum that you can re-map the ECU to BMW race 3 but also read that VIN #s ending over 100 can not be done. I have VIN # ending 179.

3. I just purchased a FMF powercore slip-on and power commander v. Can I still power up and get BMW race 3 ?

Sorry for the many questions...Thanks
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I actually have good luck reflashing MY13 449/511s. It's the MY11449's that don't flash usually.
  14. MLuker Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I was so excited to read through all 5 pages and looked forward to the outcome of the negative persons equipment changes and it never happened. Wonderful. 10 minutes of my life wasted.
  15. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Stock gearing is your best bet. The tranny is gears aren't right for DS bike .
  16. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    I fixed the gearing on mine with a Yamaha WR450F.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  17. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    That is a great fix !
  18. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC
    I'm close to you with a '13 TE449, Rock Hill. If you're on the interstate much put a oil breather/catch can/recirc something on it or you'll be oiling your boots. :D
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Gearing fixed, good.
    Ended up with a fat bike, bad.

That's the bike Is wanted and tested (having come off a '05 model).
    Then I rode the Husky and could not go back.
    Looking at a test ride soon on the new nimble WR250.
  20. Mike Dan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    MLuker

Sorry I never finished this thread. I did solve the issues with my bike. I wound up buying the FMF Powercore exhaust and sent my ECU to ZipTy to flash in the BMW 3 map. I have been very happy with the power and top speed ever since. I still haven't tried new gearing. It works great in the woods with the stock gearing and I have been up to 97 mph on the road. I have found that the bike runs very lean, almost un-rideable after the ECU flash, with the power up plug removed. I was also having flameout issues that were taken care of by adjusting the air screw and TPS. I didn't like the lack of engine braking either. After reading about the secondary butterfly in the throttle body on another thread on this forum, I decided to remove it and the button on the ECU controlled throttle cam. I am now very satisfied with my TE! Searching the threads on Cafe Husky has helped me to make my bike much better. Life happens and I just never took the time to finish my story. Better late than never?