1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE449 Gearing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Dan, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250x Yama, 2010 Tiger 1050
    I have experienced the same thing regarding the higher rpms and speed. The fastest I have had mine was 73 mph and it felt like it was going to explode :(. The motor was still pulling very strong, but the vibrations and rpms felt very high for a 450. 2013 Te449 is mine. I have ordered the FMF Q4, PC5, & autotune and will install them once I break 500 miles on it in stock form. It has the "jumper" mod done from the dealership already. It has become a little better but then again I may just be getting used to it. Nevertheless, I love the bike more and more when I ride her. Plus she is sick looking!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I still plan to DECAT for that very reason, the FMF is to loud. I would think it would still run great with
    The stock can fixed...
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used a large holesaw, it mowed right thru the cat material.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    If I get the urge to do it again I will remember that :-)
  5. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    This is a little confusing. My 511 w/FMF and PCV tops out at approx. 85 mph with stock gearing. I recently put a 48t on the rear and although the
    gearing feels a little taller I don't think it added much overall top speed.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yup, something isn't right. 15/51 took me to 97mph decatted w/race map 2. Maybe needs more tuning?
  7. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not to be rude or a "doubting Thomas" but I think sometimes people exaggerate speeds because they really love their bikes. I experienced this with the WR250x group. Fantastic claims of huge HP and top speeds; I go out and buy all the "mandatory" add ons to reap all the alleged returns and "power" only to find out the change was an increase but nothing like what people claimed. I have yet to install the FMF, PC5, and autotune - so I can't say for sure yet; but i suspect I will experience a slight increase.

The real thing to remember is the bike is already capable of exceeding my riding ability and in the stock format is a fantastic piece of machinery. I love to rip up some good wheelies and enjoy earth shaking ball sack power but have yet to experience it with this lovely bike. In fact, my buddy has an RMZ 2008 450 that will completely obliterate my bike in terms of lofting the front wheel and power. With that said, i beat him around the track ever time - only due to riding skill or lack thereof on his part :). Please do not interpret this as a bash on the TE449; i am just keeping it real. This forum is a plethora of good information but there is no substitute for actual reality.
    henson802 likes this.
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know about the 449 or 511 but my 08 TE510 would easily do high 90's on a dirt road with GPS readout. I could cruise at 70 mph (GPS) all day using a 15/47 gear combo on the pavement. Just about 6000 rpm and that is where this engine started to spike in hp and torque.

I have to ask those that are not attaining the same speeds what gear are you in and what rpms are you pushing when hitting your top speed?

Not sure about the TE449/511 but the old 510 was delivered with a throttle block limiting throttle to 70% when I purchased it.
  9. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gearing on my 2013 TE449 bone stock 15/51. RPMs are unknown as there is no Tach on the machine; I have never been above 78 on it - GPS verified in addition I had my daughter drive my truck beside me to confirm the speed. At that speed, if I had to guess the RPMs, I would say 15,000,000,000 because it felt like it was about to explode lol....vibration wise; motor seemed like it would still pull but slowly gain speed...i just didn't want to kill it...

And btw at 45 mph my buddy's RMZ 450 can pull a power wheelie and I am sitting there with Husky balless egg on my face while I watch him pull away....just saying....but I look much better on my sexy redhead :).
  10. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Very true, I'm glad I'm not the only one who tries to take an objective view. People that are fans will exaggerate alot. But for top speed, I think most is true. Is it sustainable though? I think that's where the difference of opinion comes into play. Some people will say 'my max speed is 75mph' where as they are referring to being 'comfortable' for engine. While others will say my max speed is 100mph - where that maybe true for blips of highest rpms - but certainly not sustainable without killing the engine.

From peoples opinions and what I have read (I'll admit never ridden a 511) - the engine on the 511 vibrates more then most other bikes when it gets above 6000rpms. So depending on people's tolerance and what they may think the bike can handle, will have different views on what max speed is.
  11. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes I agree; the vibrations are what keep me from pushing it past the 78 mph mark. However, I do not think this bike would pull anything faster than 88 mph. And I seriously doubt it would ever be able to pull a power wheelie in 3rd or 4th; and believe me I have tried because I hate it when my buddy barely blips his RMZ at the same speed and rips a wheelie and laughs at my "New $6,000 250" purchase. God I hate that!! Lol oh well, I still beat him consistently around the track. And I turn more heads than his RMZ does....
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Everyone's perspective is different, but I am wondering if a 15-20hp leap is considered "slight" to you?

Stock, 88 is about it, uncorked and with gearing I have seen as high as 120. It's not the vibrations that keep you from pushing past this speed, it's a null spot on your stock map combined with the restrictive exhaust.

lol :lol:
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A more free flowing muffler and $40 ECU upgrade (ZipTy Racing) and it is a rocket. Very capped stock for EPA reasons. A couple little changes and it is an entirely different animal. i have mine geared for woods work and DS. Will cruz at 60 fine, will probably do 90 at uncomfortably high RPMs.
  14. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I like how image on start page of ZipTyRacing website shows guy with Yamaha sponsored clothing and half the bike is blue. Make money off Husqvarna parts but ride blue baby!! what's that say? haha (just kidding, kinda) :p
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

ZipTy used to race Yamaha from many years. I worked at Fastway back then and we were sponsors of his. Then he went to husky for many years and was instrumental in there development on many fronts. They still work closely with Husky USA and are very much into the brand. Nothing wrong with any of that from where i sit. :cheers: Also took on Marzocchi recently which is a husky thing (or was) as well. You go the the "products" page and one of the first things listed is Husky. They have out husky backs.
    henson802 likes this.
  16. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Oh I know.. just poking fun- looks like they sell mostly Husqvarna parts (and ktm) and see nothing on Yamaha. But front page shows guy ripping on Yamaha (it looks alot like my WR450 minus the graphics)... and wearing Yamaha clothing - but no specific products for it. I guess it's business saavy on his part to sell Husqvarna parts - as it appears that the Husqvarna aftermarket stuff has yet to be fully explored here in the USA except for ZipTyRacing.

Afterall, in the states, we are Red White AND BLUE.. lets all live in harmony :thumbsup:
  17. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    If I can get 10 more HP out of it after the pipe, programmer, and autotune I will be very happy. I am by no means a mechanical genius (well maybe I am) but I can feel HP when I ride a bike. And I am here to tell you guys that I suspect this bike in stock form is around 30HP. In fact the certificate of title (which is bound to be overestimated) listed it with 32HP. And if you are saying that you can get an additional 15-20hp out of it (which i love to hear) that means you are getting a 47% increase in HP from the stock form. And that is using the low number of 15hp increase. All I can say is "Hell to the Yeah" -- RMZ douche bag friend here I come!!
    henson802 likes this.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That's Andy Jefferson, our aftermarket Husqvarna North America parts sales man riding our new BLUE, yes, confirmed Blue Husqvarnas for 2014. :lol:
  19. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hmmm ;) and I suppose the large Yamaha printed on his clothes was a misprint and really Husqvarna gear... Anyways - since they are copying the Yamaha colors apparently, I hope they copy the wide-gear ratio too! See - we're back on topic now :lol:
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Mine went from kitten to rocket with a $40 ECU remap and muffler. It is almost to much now.
    Tinken likes this.