1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE449 Gearing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Dan, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Your running too rich on top... Here is the link to my JD / FMF / 15-45 tooth dyno run... My settings are with the power up plug in.. From what I have experienced our bikes make lots of power. Everyone has there opinion on why there bikes do or don't go fast or go fast..
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=yI0IwhsQGAY

Red line / time too speed : 4th-85mph, 5th-100mph, 6th-stupid

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/2012-te-511-jd-fmf-dyno-tuned.28287/#post-255434

View: http://youtu.be/swqF6ftAcsQ
  2. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250x Yama, 2010 Tiger 1050
    Tinken said:
    No wonder you have been hanging out on here so much instead of riding @ 117!

54HP is the highest I have seen a TE511 so far with a fmf mega bomb/4.1 and pcv.
    "I agree , port jop + 2 hp, high compression piston + 2hp, mega bomb header another 2hp, cams another 2 hp, power comander V with some timing advances another 2hp... Should get another 10 out of it ha ha ! Then the only place it would be ridable would be Oceano Dunes lol"

Seems like someone has done more than stock on this bike.....and this seems to be a te511 not the te449; I don't need to do 117 mph I just want to pull some no clutch wheelies and out run that stupid douche bag RMZ....lol....the RMZ btw is in completely stock form.....lol. Don't misunderstand - i love my Te449 and i refuse to misstate what the actuality is.....I will add the items and report back the findings this weekend. But rest assured I will not throw any BS out there. If I install the items and I make more HP than that RMZ I will be happy. We trade bikes all the time; his bike is scary powerful and I would estimate his at 40-45. But that is a total guess with my old WR250x making the whopping 28HP per previous owner dyno test. There is nothing wrong with loving your bike; but saying this bike makes 50HP is complete garbage. Now maybe you can do all that fancy mechanical work and performance upgrades and achieve this great HP;but stock I bet this bike only makes 30HP.

I really wish someone could give me a realistic expectation for this bike once I put the FMF Q4, PC5, and autotuner on it in terms of HP. I bet I will get close to 35-38?
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    People gathering dyno results on dirt bikes is pretty rare....
    One data point... "In the beginning", Motosportz had his TE511 used as the JD test bike for the JD Tuner and they reported an 8 hp gain in top end. Most of us thought this was crazy talk (well I did anyway), but there is no doubt that my TXC511 with JD tuner is a very fast dirt bike (and a bunch of trophies back that up).

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and Motosports switched to the Map Set #3 and he reports that it is even stronger now...so if 8 was true 2 years ago with JD, then 10+ seems quite easily doable. I think this means we are talking mid 40s+
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Kelly's was at 45 with the JD, Randy 47, but that was before new map upgrade. Ryan's puts out 56 with JD and I have seen over 60 with more mods. That RMZ will eat your dust.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ryan...
    Dungey or Villopoto :excuseme: :)
  6. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just watched the video with sound. He says 98 at the end of it....what happened to 117mph? Also, that's not a stock exhaust and no telling what else he has done to this bike to get it to pull "98". Not that I actually saw 98 on the speedometer - I will believe 98 is possible with major work like the "port job", "high compression piston", "mega bomb header", "cams" etc....BUT THAT'S NOT STOCK or even minor simple add ons guys?

Fact: In stock form this bike struggles to power wheelie in second gear (and i have to find just the right spot and help it up like grandpa from a rocking chair to loft the front wheel in second gear without the clutch)
    Fact: 78 mph in six gear is miserably high vibration from engine and pulls gradually (I would promise this bike would explode if you found a tail wind and downhill incline to get it to 98 mph)
    Fact: Head shake at greater than 70 mph
    Fact: Nimble
    Fact: Excellent handling, turns, cornering
    Fact: Brakes are excellent
    Fact: Little head dip on hard breaking
    Opinion: Beautiful
    Opinion: Exotic and sexy

All things considered it is my first new bike ever so; I have a great deal of love for the machine already. She is not nearly as powerful as some but still gives me a grin when I find that sweet spot for the no-clutch second gear wheelies. My next bike will be probably be a KTM; I hear rumors about "great power" and wheelies galore....but I heard the same thing here. My buddy just bought a DRZ400e 2002 and I road it and it was a fat pig; but made significantly more power than the TeBagger lol....but his is majorly modified (and what I mean by majorly modified is slip on exhaust, header, and air box modification) Oh wait, those are the same things I will be doing to mine this weekend.....and his bike is a 400....wtf. I may expect too much; but I better be able to outrun that DRZ400e or I will be greatly disappointed once the FMF Q4, PC5, and autotune are installed.

So what am I saying here? I am saying I love the TeBagger and it is a great bike. It has the new bike smell. It has the looks of an off-road KTM eating machine. It is an unusual design and stands out in a crowd of everyday Japanese bikes. I is pure sex on two wheels. It was cheaper than a brand new DRZ400, WR450f, 500EXC. It probably sounds as though I am complaining about my new beauty, but I am hoping that some form of honest review might bare out.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude, your such a skeptic :)

Bike will pull much higher gearing if you dont want it to rev and shake...
    Tire change can cure head shake in my experience
    (Its set up as a dirt bike with lights, not a land speed record ride)

My '11 TXC511 has no power mods other than JD tuner...it fears no DRZ or KTM for that matter 14-50 sprockets for race duty.
    My '11 TXC449 has no power mods other than JD tuner and a decatted TE muffler...it fears no DRZ or KTM either 15-40 sprockets for street duty.

The Q4 plus Map Set #3 probably would have done the trick, but the PCV will give you lots of options to play with.

I can believe that a well set up DRZ could be as powerful as a showroom floor TE...barely. But nobody rides them that way except the EPA.
  8. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I never claimed 117 on the road . I was letting you know how the gears are spread red too redline on the dyno. Yes that was a 98 mph run with a power wheely (no clutch in 6th at over 70mph with unbalanced maxis desert tires and heavy duty tubes) . In this video I leaned the JD tuner out some more on the top end and picked up 2 mph. I can go leaner still but I prefer a cooler running bike when I am throttle twisting :) look very carefully and you will see 100 mph on the speedo and with one hand on the bar. No BS here doggy... FMF slip-on, JD, airbox snorkel removed. That's it.

View: http://youtu.be/Ms6qOIob41s
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My TE511 (470cc) smokes mybuddies KTM 450 in a street drag race every time. It is fast.
  10. MaDProFF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    STR
    I put 17" wheels on my TE449 and changed the gearing, back sprocket apart from that it is stock, it hit's 3 figures, just after about 90 it takes a while to get there, gets to 85 though very very quick.
  11. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Wheelies? I can do 45mph wheelies on my 400DRZ, and it is a dog...
    Yesterday I went 95mph indicated, it was still pulling hard.
    The RMZ is a straight race (motocross) bike, no emmissions etc....
    So you must remove this Govt. restricting stuff...dirtbikes that are not sold
    With street legal titles do not have these restrictions.
    The TE is not a motocross bike, but with mine with a cheap $260 muffler, a $40 remap,
    It runs with just about anything. And can still be street legal and ridden to the trails.
    Dear Henson, you should go give advice on KTM talk to the guys with the 500EXCs,
    Because you don't have one of those either....the MSO on a WR450 Yamaha is 28hp.
    A lot of the problems guys are having with these bike are due to dealers, and not
    researching what they are buying....luckily my dealer clued me in what it would take
    To lose the EPA crap, and make it run, after that it was my decision...
    The state I live in will not allow dirtbike without street legal titles to be plated
    Anymore,,,so real dirtbikes will be coming with smog canisters, catylitic converters,
    And super lean mapping...unless they are for competition only...so, buy a trailer,
    Or spend the money on the removal of the EPA stuff...under this criteria, choices are
    Very limited...
  12. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    First; i am not being a skeptic really I am just calling BS when I see it. I am going home this evening and I am going to full on pin that f'ing throttle and I will see her top end speed and take a photo of it and post it up here. I am not concerned with higher gearing, that RMZ has a 51 inch sprocket on it and i already told you that I could beat him on the trail but his power is like riding two TeBaggers (mine is not even close to his) I do not wish to change the gearing to run highway speeds I am talking HP and rear wheel torque. I never said I wanted to do 117 review my posts. And you are actually agreeing with me "(Its set up as a dirt bike with lights, not a land speed record ride)". You are calling BS on the 117 too....lol.

Second, we have different bikes bro. And honestly I hope you are correct. I want mine to be what you said above "fears no DRZ, KTM or RMZ". I am estimating but mine is optimistically making 30-34HP; and yes, I seriously doubt gains of 15-20 HP with a slip on, programmer, and autotune. That would be either a 50% or 59% increase in HP, doubtful. And let us say it did create those gains; with a 50% HP increase I would be able to 117 without any problems. Someone post up the 117mph photo please.

I am not trying to be a jerk; but I have identified some of the flaws in your argument and I really do love my new bike. Truth and facts should bare the light of inspection or skepticism :). I am hoping the modifications will at least get me to blow the snot out of that RMZ douche bag that called my sexy redhead a balless $6k 250 ....
  13. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    who is Henson? that is what I thought the husky was "a dirt bike that was plated"....so why isn't it fair to compare it to the RMZ? The only reason I am comparing it to the RMZ is i hate having my ass handed to me when we ride the street on the way back to my house from the trail...
  14. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300

Would you believe me if I told you a TE makes a great SM bike ? In this vid I was invited to go along with a couple of 21 year old kids, the one riding the modded DRZ 400SM weighs 135 lb and the on on the Kawi SM 250 is about 150 lbs. Keep in mind 7 lbs= 1 hp..I weight 200 lbs. I give them bothe a great head start . By this time they have bothe seen the hp on the TE and my little budy on the 400 took the lead while I stayed back to vid his budy. Kid on the 400sm rode his butt of trying to stay ahead, with the lead he had he should have....My bike will pull a WR 450 . It might pull my 450r , they are close. TE511 defiantly has more on bottom and in the middle than my other bike.

And again , FMF Powercore slip-on , JD , dyno Tunned , airbox snorkel removed... My only mods that produce hp and torque .

View: http://youtu.be/U4VuZwofjXE
    James Patton likes this.
  15. My848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 350 XC-F
    Got mine up to 90-92 :)
    All stock...
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    According to the HP data Tinken posted we are talking about 30-40% improvement over the TE EPA strangled starting point.

You are trying to use a lot of circumstantial evidence to support a power perception that those of us who've been riding and racing the bike for years cant validate.

• Wheelie tests dont tell us much since balance, wheelbase, rider position, gearing etc all play into how easy a bike is to wheelie.
    • Comparing final gearing between two bikes also doesnt tell the whole story because the transmission ratios are different.
    • Comparing to an RMZ which had no EPA concerns whatsoever ...I think thats been covered above.

And Im not trying say your perception is right or wrong, Im just trying to point out some factual and logical inconsistencies between what you are reporting and what I have personally experienced; plus the knowledge of what other on this forum have reported over the last 3 years. The differences between your TE and my TXC are known and are exactly the things I am saying it takes to change the TEs power...better maps, better exhaust...thats it. Everything inside the engine cases is the same.

Husqvarna* and Zip-Ty arent paying me to say these things...Im just telling you what I know to be true.
    (Unless you count the contingency certificates my 511 won last year while decimating the local 50 Expert GP class)
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  17. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I just explained the difference. EPA. The RMZ, YZ, husky TC, TXC ect.are NOT 50 state street legal, that's why,
    They do not have catylitic converters, smog canisters, EPA lean mapping.....if you remove these things, they
    Compare favorably to any of these bikes,,,but huskys are more enduro slanted than motocross,
    Hope that helps you understand. So buy a pipe or DECAT, get the 40 dollar mapping, if your bike seems
    Slower still, try riding school...
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  18. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Also as you said, your first bike...so I am not sure you have a clue about performance....
    I can out ride most noobs in the woodson my stock DRZ 400, and as I said, it is a pooch...
    As far as us being full of bullshit, we are all older, owned many bikes, can buy what we want,
    some of us are engineers, shop owners, former mechanics, racers etc...we don't have to BS...
  19. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Any 450 with the right mods will do roughly the same power - with same speed. People always claim their bike is ultra better at this, that, yada yada yada. Show themselves racing other bikes that have unknown mods to them.

Husqvarnas are nice bikes no doubt. So are Yamahas, KTMs, Hondas, Suzukis. My Yamaha WR450F with jet kit, grey wire cut, with QTIP insert (quiet) cranks to about 50 hp pretty easy.

My opinion of Husqvarna is they make great bikes. But if you don't have a dealership nearby - they CAN BE annoying.

And at what point is power really too much for what you do? I know plenty of dirt, blaze their own trail, riders that prefer a 250 over a 450. While it may not have the greatest power down low, you pin those rpms high and it will have plenty power.

I ride a TE250 and love it. But the fueling still is a little off, I have it powered up - 50 rear - and JD Jet thingy device for leaning or richening the fuel mixture. I've tried so many different settings, my own, others, default, recommended, etc. and have it decent but can still have blips with rapid acceleration --making trying to wheelie over a log or rock or whatever a little shakey. Regardless, fun bike - but it's louder then some Harley's which I'm not a fan of (2010 model)..and has some fallbacks like every dirt bike.

And no, a TE511 won't smoke a fully uncorked RMZ450.. maybe after 50 mph but it'd be pretty darn close to that point.
  20. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Once again, your experience with a 511, and a RMZ450?
    Suzuki had a huge no interest sale in my area, at least 3 club members bought them so far this year,
    Riding with them, whomever got the jump was in front, there did not appear to be any noticeable
    Difference in acceleration between them and my 511, except the the 511 seems to get traction better...
    The RMZs are better suited for the motocross track than my TE, mainly because they are maybe 20 pds lighter,
    and my TE is lowered 1.5" to suit my wood riding better....that is my experience, I did not read it anywhere.
    Rearwheelin and Radar like this.