1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE449 Gearing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Dan, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You're being rude when others are trying to help. Enjoy your first bike ever.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  2. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    By the sounds of it, with your 511 you be popping wheelies and switching gears - between all that , I'm not sure how you can smoke an RMZ450 regardless of what I've read or what my friends ride.
  3. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Nobody said smoke, I just read it...did not say that, I have a key to a club, with over 100 members, some days, almost
    Any bike you can think of is there. When they go out to play on the TT track or the woods, just let the games begin.
    I have been smoked by a 71 yr. old on a KTM200, a 50yr. Old on a TTR250, in the woods, those guys can ride.
    When on a nice smooth TT track, on the straights, its easy to compare your horsepower and hookup.
    Two bikes that seem to beat the 511 regularly are the KX450, and YZ450s that are dialed in...the suzukis seem a
    Touch slower, and show it in race results, my friend YZ450 (highly modded) wins B class motocross regularly,
    He can pull me by about a bike on the short straights on the TT...that's my experience, I sometimes ride 3 times
    A week, and since I tire more easily now I am more observant of the bikes, the riders, etc. I am not defending
    The 511, it does not need it, I am praising it..if it did not perform as I say, I would sell it and get something
    else...I can afford to ride whatever I like.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  4. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It seems to me that the TE449 is more oriented for woods/trails... It would be interesting to see the TE511 become a little more street oriented and get a wide-gear transmission with a stronger 6th to experiment with one that is truly 50 on / 50 off beast - now that'd be interesting... keep the TE449 close ratio and the TE511 wide gear and more useful 6th. Why can't I own a dirt bike company :thinking:
    oregonsage likes this.
  5. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Because its cheaper to have them use ALL the same parts except the top end......
    And individuals don't own company's much anymore, corporations, and conglomerates do,
    So they build to make money, not necessarily the best product.
  6. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I truly feel there is something going on with the actual ''Tuner" for sooo many people to make this claim of sub 90mph top speeds with stock gearing..... My settings are good and I have seen others use my settings and with similar mods achieve as good or better power than me....
  8. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Can never have too much... When you had the JD mapping done at JD did you have the power up plug in ?
  9. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250x Yama, 2010 Tiger 1050
    pay attention; I said first "brand new bike" ....I have lots of experience with bikes...sounds like I might have hit a nerve for you there bud :)....

Ha, last night I pinned it and in stock form it was lucky to do 87...any more than that seems impossible. You guys can believe what you want; I own the bike and thats all she will do in stock form. I will put the add ons on it this weekend and I will pin it again; and let everyone know if I was dead wrong or right on. Now all you guys can settle down and I will sing nothing but Husky Glory. No matter what :).

FYI-I road the DRZ400e again last night to give a straight comparison and frankly it out performed the TE449 :(. Maybe the mods will bring me to equal with a 400cc bike? I hope all you guys are right and i experience monumental power gains with the mods. And if I do notice even a 15% increase in power I will be apologizing to all you guys :).
  10. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Try and use the whole quote when you think i am being rude: All things considered it is my first new bike ever so; I have a great deal of love for the machine already. She is not nearly as powerful as some but still gives me a grin when I find that sweet spot for the no-clutch second gear wheelies.

And how is expressing the truth rude? Man you guys are super sensitive about the bike....I have stated repeatedly that I love the bike I am just trying to iron out the truth here. If I am being rude I apologize sincerely. I know you guys are trying to help I am just a bit frustrated with the lack of performance at the moment - maybe things will change once the items are added. :)
  11. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    My 511 would only hit 87 in stock form. You are buying a pcv so your bike should be faster than mine lol
    Husqmarkus likes this.
  12. Husqmarkus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am going to try and be more positive. I am sure after the FMF Q4, PC5, and autotune is installed I will be pleased with the noticeable increase :). My goal was not to offend or insult anyone; I just was disappointed with the lack of power comparatively. But I am loving the bike so all is good. I know what it will do and what it will not :)
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  13. Bryce Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1300

Why don't you just not post anything else until it's the apology for doubting what everyone has said? My TE was pretty slow compared to my CRF450, but I knew that it was because of all the EPA crap since it was street legal. It topped out at about 85. I put on a JD and FMF, and it was like night and day. It went to upper 90's with stock gearing. Now that I have 15/41 gearing, I have no idea what the top speed is, but it cruises at 70 real nice now. Just FYI, most of the people you are trying not to piss off, but succeeding exceptionally well at it, are the people that know the most about these bikes. They are the ones that you will come running to for answers, just like I do. We await your first ride after the upgrades and shortly thereafter a sincere apology for not listening in the first place. Have a nice day.
    Tinken likes this.
  14. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was a rhetorical question, thought with all your awesome experience, you would figure that out since you know everything.

Buy this, do that, buy this other thing, do this other thing, and you may get your bike to run as advertised, a dirt bike!

Ride more , argue less.
    Husqmarkus likes this.
  15. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

So guys can a 2011 bike be re-mapped with the latest map or is there specific that is only good for that year,i.e. can it have the latest 2013 map, and is that suited for Akroprovic pipe?
    Will the JD Tuner that was bought for a 2011 TE511, work, or enhance after a re-map? Can it stay in place and be set to all 2's and that would be standard settings, or will the recommended settings work?
    Confused.
  16. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    The JD I have on my 12 came with 11 settings... I dyno tuned it in for my setup, the recommended setings were way of or could have been I needed to remove my race plug and go with preset TE setting.(still waiting from motosports) All good now I would think no map is perfect for all and the JD is the perfect gadget to correct it :) I might do as Tinken did and make a dual map .
  17. motomanic Husqvarna
    A Class

How do you make a dual map and how do you wire in a switch?
    So your saying re-map and fine tune with the JD?
    Did you suffer from the bike revving very quickly and hitting a flat spot, with the JD fitted?
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  19. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    My bike is tuned with the power-up plug in. My JD settings are with the power-up plug in. If I cut the loop on my power-up plug and solder the open wires to a toggle or an appropriate bar mount switch I can open and close the power-up plug circuit . I can turn my EPA setting "on" ... Can't turn off the JD enhancement though :)
  20. jasonmt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' TXC 449, 11' TE 630, 11' TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ninja 1000, ZX7R, 300 XC-W Christini