1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    well for my best mate and long time husky rider....he bought a kato 300exce 2012, Why? Cos it had an e-starter.
    lf anything else husky/bmw do in 2013 is fit an e-starter and hydro clutch, nothing fancy, same as all the bikes it will compete with and the husky brand will sell itself...immediately moi will order one and my mate will bring balance back to his life as the kato will be part of the trade in.
    if hva/bmw don't at least address the e-starter....then you might see the 2t range phase out.
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    You guys and your e-starter fixation crack me up
    Rob578, shawbagga and lankydoug like this.
  3. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    I have a 04 WR 250 with a Mikuni and it is great, i only use 98 octane mixed with fully synthetic oil. Sometimes i wonder what kind of fuel and oil some of the people that is having issues with the Mikuni carb is using.
    shawbagga likes this.
  4. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Have a look at this.

http://www.ossamotor.es/ES/models.php?idMoto=337

This would be difficult to dent.
  5. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    I just want a six speed gearbox and a better generator. And a Ossa.
  6. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    Those new Ossa's are sick! However remember we're owned by a company who used the same engine for 80 years (the boxer). If you want change in 2t bikes look elsewhere.
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Not really a fixation but what the market dicates....would you buy a brand new car without ABS? No, so on a pure mass market appeal, and to shut the orange mob and 3/4 of the motorcycle magazine world up, put a bloody e-starter on Husky's premium and top of the range 2t, with a hydro clutch, and then lets compare apples with apples!
    I'm sick to death of reading countless reviews of the KTM 300 and WR300 and the only thing that favours the orange bike is the e-starter and hyro clutch...FFS!!!

Rant over :)
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Using ABS as an example is a poor choice. I would absolutely buy a car without ABS, it adds a major expense to cars to benifit people who are too stupid to lighten up on the pedal when they don't want to slide.
  9. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Maybe I'm just hard headed, but the only thing I want improved on my WR is a higher top gear. I don't want the added weight of Estart, nor the chance of DNF'ing a race due to DI electrical gremlins. Oh yeah, keep your autoclutches also. As for buying a car without ABS is a definite from me also, the last vehicle I ordered for myself had to be built because I didn't want power windows/locks.
    lankydoug likes this.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    amen brotha...thats exactly what attracted me to my 300. If they could make an air cooled modern 2 stroke I would be all over it. Nothing like being 40 miles out in the middle of the mtns and having something go wrong with a uber complicated bike
  11. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    On the contrary LankyDoug, no manufacturer would sell a vehicle without ABS as the car would not sell, plain and simple...that is the point l'm trying to make - whether you like it or not, guys changing from 4t's down to a 2t trail bike look at the husky and say 'Oh, no e-start'...ahh GasGas, KTM and Husaberg have a 300 that has e-start let's go to them....don't give BMW the chance to phase out the 2t out of the Husky range.
    Personally, the conveniences of an e-starter is great for side of the hill type starts but it really peeves me off that ppl can judge a WR300 cos it doesn't have that button without riding one.

If you think l'm in favour of uber technology, l couldn't careless about DI, just put an ultra reliable keihin on it, rad guards and let's go riding....with a 350cc engine:thumbsup:
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Make the WR 125 run right... out of the box... like the CR :eek:
    454x likes this.
  13. Andrew188 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WR 300 have the worst kick start ever.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You stated that nobody would buy a car without ABS. If if was offered as an option I would have them leave it off my car, so I guess I'm nobody. I don't want an e-start either but if others do more power to them. GasGas offers an e-start as an option, Husky could do the same in which case my Husky would not have one. I agree it may help Husky sell more bikes just not to me. If anyone comes out with DI I won't be the 1st to buy one but instead I'll ride my carbureted bike until DI is proven reliable and has clear advantages that are worth taking the high tech risk and paying the extra money for.

On a side note; I haven't seen evidence that e-start is reliable, I do notice that those that have it often have to push the button several times before the bendix engages and they usually crank so slow the rider ends up having to kick the bike anyway. This may be because they are poorly maintained or possibly a poor design for the dirty environment but in any case e-start is one more thing to screw up and more weight to muscle around.
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LD, we have common ground mate, put it as an option but at least give the consumer the option....by not having that option just allows the other manufacturers a free kick in marketing via the press.
    lankydoug likes this.
  16. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    no estart, no di, good tyres and jetting sorted (sick of the how do i jet my bike posts). oh and of cause ABS.
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That would actually be the yz426 or (400) lever that broke when you tried to start your bike so you had to buy one of the billet levers from the multiple makes that sprang up because the stock one wouldn't start your bike that you just paid big time for.
  18. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i never had any problems with my yz400 kick start lever.

the 250/300 lever is a bit of an odd ball IMHO.
  19. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Viper ACR is one of the fastest, if not fastest cars around a track without traction control and ABS. Most of us want race bikes, but not everyone. E-start as an option is a good move.

JS
  20. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    2013 WR300 e-start,4 way ajuster traction control ,ABS ,heated hand grips heated seat,center stand,self oiling no pre mix, gard mount tool bag,more and more BMW but dont change the price and they will sell like hot cakesLOL:eek: