1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is so true with the DI , FI , Estart etc. With all these things come the "$10,000.00 dirt bike"
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Tim,

My guess is that if you buy a new Husaberg DI 2T it will be that 10K bike. Of course there 4T's are pretty much there. I would just be happy with that 175-200 based on the 125 and a 250-300 after some dieting, in the newer frames, and with a button as an option like the Gas Gas. I can plate almost anything in MT so the DI isn't a must have for me.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is the best thing about the current 2 stroke line their price point . You can build one just the way you want it and still have some $ to spare. When I was in the market for a small bore I looked long and hard at the GG 125 sixdays and almost pulled the trigger on a 2011 TM144EN . But I ended up buying a real clean 09 WR144 and did it up with the 167, suspension ,bling ,Scalvini etc,etc and I am still money ahead and the building is fun as well.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL...we already pay 10K+ for a dirtbike in Australia:
    11' WR300 $10'500
    11' KTM300EXC-E $12'800-13'000
    11' GasGas EC300ELC $11'300
    11' TM300EN $11'500
    11' TE300MY11 $12'500
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    We can get XC150 s for $5500 but not complianced :(
    Is it confirmed that Husky are redesigning the old 250 engine ? If not it seems to me they are still on the fence about the future of 2 strokes
  6. bax3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr300 2010
    Mate all I want is a six speed that'll do me here in aus, the five just tops out too early compared to others. Other than that for the price its a rocket.
  7. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like Husky to at least get electric start........not just for my aging worn right knee, but it is really nice on trails for a quick on the go re-light if you kill it or on a steep sidehill where you can't quite get a full kick.

Other wishes for me and my riding would be
    300 enduro with good low end grunt but able to rev out nice
    good carb or EFI.......don't really care that much, but would like EFI ability to adjust better to big altitude changes
    6 spd tranny is a must.....I happen to like close ratio, but not too close. Low 1st for emergencies, 2nd-4th for most trails/general off-road riding, then smoothly space out 5th-6th gear a bit more for a good 75-80mph top end (not that I need that often, bit once in a while, I do blow past 80 on my 510, and like to have a low rpm 40-50mph cruise down dirt roads)
    2.9-3.0 gal minimum.....need to have at least 75 mile range, capable of easing off throttle and stretching it 100 miles.
    Seat height around 37"
    Ground Clearance around 12"+
    Suspension: front 11.0 - 11.5", rear 11.5 - 12.0" of good usable travel.....yank the lights and e-start and make a long travel MX version if need be.
    Lighting: 45-55 Halogen up front. I'm tired of crappy 25-35w incandescents when I need light. Nice 15-20 LED rear (personally would like brake light too, even if it's not offically street legal I might be able to do it here) Having a 100-120w stator can't be that much more to provide for those that may want extra lighting option.
    Oversized radiator and higher pressure cap sure couldn't hurt any in tight high mtn trails during summer
    Trail-Tech type speedo/odometer
    I was (am) kind of partial to the blue/yellow color scheme too....with GasGas, the newer Husky, Beta, Honda ,etc there's too much red/wht/blk out there......but oh well
    Keeping weight in the 220-230 lbs dry range should be do able
    OH!........must be quiet and must have spark arrestor.......no give/take there

Probably the closest bike I've seen recently to my wish list is the new GasGas 300
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL, Husky suspension is already 11.8" front and 11.6" rear. Not a huge amount like KTM 13.2" rear.
  9. SLAVIC SLUG Husqvarna
    C Class

My perfect 2 stroker is 350 6 speed and e start same engine design which is bullet proof. But DI would be nice no more jetting or better carby all the extras we all buy after getting the bike.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man you can get a TM cheaper than a KTM in the land down under! I still want a 200 Husky on the 125 frame with e-start. I may end up with a 200 GG if they don't HURRY UP!
    lankydoug likes this.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Been eyeing that 200 gassrer since you had me look it up!I
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have a GasGas 03 EC200DE with Ohlins forks and shock. It is pretty sweet but since I'm 6'6" I like the taller feel of my Husky. IMO the 200 is the happy medium of quick 125 like handling and good power without trying to pull your arms off every time you lose your balance a little. That's why I wish Husky would make one.
  13. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    I have to say the ktm 250xc motor is amazing and I wish my Husky motor ran that way. Lugs down low, screams up top, tons of traction everywhere, no bog or hit anywhere. Also the E start is nice, when it works. I don't want it if it's not going to work 100% of the time (one of the reasons I stayed away from ktm, that and I'm more comfy on the bigger Husky chassis).

Direct injection is the future of 2 strokes. Better emissions, better fuel economy (read: carry less fuel and go the same distance! for those weight conscious racers), and more power to weight than a 4 stroke! Yes, 2 strokes are better for the environment when DI! Plus, with injection you can NEVER SMASH YOUR PIPE AGAIN. That would be nice. Only issue is weight but I think they've got that pretty much taken care of, look at the new Ossa.
  14. Andrew188 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have stop wait the Husky 2 stroke, i have buy a brand new 300xc-w 2012.
  15. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Good choice, Andrew188. The 300xc-w is the best dirt bike ever built. Let the flaming begin!:p
  16. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
  17. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

LOL you know what they say about people in hell wanting ice water......
  18. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

id settle for a 300 with a higher 5th gear (dare i ask for a 6 speed). fuel injection would be cool but id like to see a chassis upgrade.

if nothing else get rid of the mikuni carb.
  19. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

was not a fan of the forks. like the transmission with the super low 1st gear and the high 5th. would like to try a newer 6 speed, see if the filled in the gap from 4th to 5th.

put my xc forks on my 300 btw.........
  20. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't mind a Mikuni Carb but go back to the old VM style or at least one that works as well. Don't over size the carb.