1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    For a gimme next year wish list, I'd have to say a 6 speed for my 300. For a what do I "really" wish for... a DI 350 (or 360) I'll keep the marz forks and sachs shock, a 3.1gal gas tank w reserve, higher compression, 6 speeds and a nickel plated exhaust and red hubs for some bling!
  2. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Well, what can I say the way the market is going, Let's all just hope Husqvarna continues to manufacture 2T, and at least on a competitive level :cheers:. NOT like some manufactures:mad:
  3. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    6 speed, new motor design, new frame, lighter weight, 2.5 gal tanked 250 WR. Elec optional.
    This was a wish list, right?
  4. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    redesign the the kickstarter so it starts as easy as a KDX 200.
    Digital multi-map ignition.
    6-speed
    modern chrome moly frame
    keep the Zoke forks
    use the PWK as the stock carb
    better computer (Trail-tech)

and while we are redesigning the engine, make the power valve adjustable

I don't see the need to add all the electronics to a 2T ...... KISS
  5. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    200cc, 6 speed, digital ignition, 125 frame, light weight, black wheels, new plastics like the 449/511
  6. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    KTM had the 200 EXC 2T, so should we!
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

8. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Redesign the 349cc 2t motor with a bit more top end and faster/lighter crank.
    Redesign the kicker to something similar to a CR or KX
    Have a clutch basket compatible to a CR or YZ (cos the present WR360 basket is a basket case when trying to find an aftermarket).
    Try and get the dry weight down to 100kgs.
    Standard FMF/Procircuit/ exhaust system.
    Handling like a GasGas300 Six days.
    Hebo hydro clutch.
    Rad guards as OE.
    11lt see through tank like the 2011 KTM's
    Electric leg (it sells)
    Suspension...something that is common knowledge to suspension tuners as you are going to change the springs possibly the valving so don't be creative and make some exotic 53mm front whereby the new husky owner has to buy or make a special fork seal driver or have to do OEM for a fork seal....l vote 48mm Zokes or Showa and Sachs rear.
    DI - it’s still a thought at the moment and Husky will need to decide which model will be the test bed, if the 350/360 is likely to be a toe into the market with a big bore 2t, then this is the perfect candidate.

In all seriousness....whatever the upgrade mods are to be on the WR250 but with the 349cc 2t motor.
    robertk61 likes this.
  9. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

wr500 with a kick start only option. That would be the bike any real man would want.
    bax3 likes this.
  10. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

mikuni carb would be nice. I like to fine tune my bikes.
  11. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Pretty damn happy with my CR144 but I would love to see newer models with a larger clear tank stock, a more powerful lighting coil for those of use who want to do some night racing, possibly DI for the fuel economy (the sleds and boat motors running it get better than 4t economy), a hydraulic clutch (seems like I adjust mine 5 times a ride), even lighter weight if it didn't cause things to break because I haven't ridden a bike that was too light yet. Not much use for electric start on a little 150 but I can see the guys riding bigger bikes liking it. I'm not looking for a bigger bike but if a 175-200 existed and felt close to as light as my 144 I might be tempted to try it out, can't say I'm really looking for more power though these days.

The other reason I wouldn't mind seeing some DI action is the quick jetting adjustments. I ride a fair bit in the mountains and just tend to let it run rich when I head up there but if all I had to do was swap plugin jetting controls like on the new Kawi's I would just have one setting for sea level and another for 3-4000' elevation. If it actually adjusted itself without me messing with it that would feel like the future had finally arrived even though the sleds have had auto altitude and temp adjustment of their jetting for well over a decade.
  12. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would like to see a 2 stroke with Electric start and EFI in a 150-200-250-300cc And also have the same rear swingarm setup as the te 449 and 511s
  13. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I think my WR300 is near perfect, just add a hydro clutch and better carb.
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i reckon my 2 stroke wish is to have my 92-94? 125 up and running by 2013.......:popcorn:
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Oh forgot to mention....bloody make a keihin PWK in whatever size standard for all husky 2t's.
  16. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

anything but a sach shock. they are made of cheese. my 2nd one in 6months has lasted 3 hours ffs
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It seems that Husaberg/Ktm are preparing to introduce DI 2t's in 2013. If they are half what they should be they will sell a s!*t pot of them. Husky needs to make intelligent solid upgrades to their entire 2T lineup to just remain in the overall conversation. I don't think that this is going to have a huge effect on the racing minority, but it will attract a ton of riders like me that want the best of all worlds and convience to go with it. So I have high hopes that Husky will make those kind of upgrades that will keep them in the ball park.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    hmm this is a bit sad really
    larger clear tanks , adjustable power , keihin carb , 200cc, 6 speed, lighter weight , new design, now DI ... hang on I ll just get a KTM instead
    when are Husky going to get their s--- together
    jbankes likes this.
  19. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone have hard evidence of this, or is it just a continuation of a rumour that's been going around for several years now? KTM DI bikes always seem to be 2 years away.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Walt,

I heard Can Am might be bring out DI two stroke bikes in 2013? Anyone have any background info on them?