1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    We all know that 2t development has been little to none in the last few years (for all brands) so I thought let's list changes we would like to see Husky make when they do their next big redesign.

I'd like to see a DI 200 with a 6 speed that because of the DI better emissions a street legal version could be made as an option. If I couldn't have that then a 6th gear overdrive added to the WR250 would be nice. (Having grown up riding a 6 speed 125 I keep trying to shift one more time)
  2. Andrew188 Husqvarna
    AA Class

350 2T, electrique start, rekluse, black rim.
  3. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    I will make mine short and sweet.....300 cc with e-start and a 6-spd wide ratio trans. Please let me know when it arrives and I will promptly pick it up!:cheers:
  4. knobbytired Husqvarna
    C Class

Being that there's over 6200 folks using this site, maybe it's time to put those numbers to good use;

Create some sort of a poll of desired wants on the 2t line, have coffee send an email blast to all registered users urging them to participate in the poll & tell their friends.
    Send poll results to Husky NA, AU and BMW..........

Crazy idea??

A DI 6 speed wider ratio 200cc would fit the bill here; 125 lightness, 300cc grunt, 4t fuel economy.
  5. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

6 speed in the 300 with black rims again and a hydro clutch :cheers:
    Ruffus likes this.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

realistically....250 and 300 into the newer style frame. 6 speed would be a plus. adjustable provini valve. Maybe elec start coulld be mated to jack shaft from old left kick.
    Bigger tanks for all. a 65 for the kids in US. the 125 4 stroke for an intermediate of even a trail rider campground husky dirt bike.
    Not asking for the world here...I remember what happened to Tony Montana when he wanted the world!
    Ruffus and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes Yes a 200 2-stroke built on a lightweight 125 frame. Hey I'm not even asking for DI or street legal. Slightly shorter seat and e-start wouldn't hurt my feels though. Cool thread!
    Parfo79 likes this.
  8. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

I currently have a thumper, but I could be convinced to go to a 2T if it had an electric start and decent size tank so I could do aboyt 100-110kms (60-65 Miles) on a tank. Not having an electric starter is a deal-breaker for me - I have a riding mate that is forever struggling with getting his bike started again when he stalls on a hill, where I just hit the button and carry on. I think having the option of a Rekluse style clutch would be nice too in order to make the power more usable.

Given the relative lack of development of these engines in the past decade or so, soemthing like Direct Injection would be nice, but frankly I don't know how necessary it is. Put it this way, it would not be a deal-maker or deal-breaker for me.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

125 based 175-200 6 speed, electric start, DI would be interesting. 250 and 350 with electric start, wide ratio 6 speed, 3 gal tank, in an updated frame.
  10. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i want a longer kickstarter
    Harbinger and hogwackr like this.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Screw E start. I want the lighter weight. K.I.S.S. ! I also would not care for EFI or DI. Let's stick to a carb but one that works as well as the Keihin PWK a/s. A honest 175 (or factory 167), based on the 125 frame would be terrific.
    IMO,
    Dwight
    scrambler and lankydoug like this.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The only reason I was thinking DI is for emissions thus street legal. My 250 makes plenty of power but when I ride my 200 GasGas it has that 125 feel that I miss. A 175 DI would probably make all the power you would ever need and still handle like a 125. Like you I'm fine with the carb but it will never be emission legal unless they back off the regulations.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

HEY, I would love an air cooled 2-stroke ! E start and also EFI requires a battery for the starter and the fuel pump thus too much weight. With as easy as these 2 strokes are why do we need the extra weight.
  14. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

lighter 125 with kyb ss suspension, lighter 250 2stroke in CR trim with updated everything, stronger built silencer on 125. could care less about electric start and di/efi...
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would love to have a nice set of standard Showa forks like on a XR400. Those work good, although I don't have any complaints about my Marzocchi OC forks. I really don't want CC or Dual chamber forks. Too complex.
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

For competitive riding you are right, but for where I trail ride having a few extra pounds for that 10-15% of the time kicking isn't doable for my short, fat, ass the E-start is on my must have list. I will have a button on my next new scoot, I just hope it is a Husky.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

125 i just do not now how it could be made any better

250 /300 since i install the Olins TTX the only comlpaint i might have is it is still a little heavy
    For me it is a race bike and is plenty fast with a 5 speed but i can see where a 6 th might be nice
    PLEASE do not mess it up with a e button or fi
    Remember it is a 2 stroke and next to impossable to stall.Unlike my 1989 ATK 604 which had a button
    and alot of weight
    The current Husky 2 stroke line up is one tuff bike that seems to never break ,if they do make a few changes i hope they keep the tuffness and ease to work on
    Plus i really do not think there are many people out there that could handle any more bike then the 300
    so why make a bike that only a few could ever get it pinned
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    150 - 175 with road compliance , Digital ignition , 95 kg wet , 10 litre tank :)
    or
    300 with new frame , dual mapping , 6 speed , better kick start design
  19. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want a light weight 250/300 in motocross trim that pumps out more power than the KTM 250sx, adjustable PV, built-in steering stabilizer, sweet new exotic styling (black rims, red and white), and DI to get the media abuzz if nothing else.

Also, for fun build a dirttrack limited run special model based on the TC450.

JS
  20. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not sure about the DI. Husqvarna seems to always use Mikuni which will probably result it it not working well and with no easy fix.

I would like to see the following...

Switch to Keihin carbs.

Digital ignitions on all models with more FWW on the off road ones.

A new 250/300 motor with a 6 speed. The current one runs well but is a very dated design and I am sure they could save major weight. Just look at this motor next to a YZ or SX and it is obvious that it is going to have some extra weight. With a new motor they could then use the new frame.

I am real happy with my 150 but a 175-200 cc bike would probably sell well.

Larger tanks. The 2t tanks are just silly. They also need to hang down a lot further to keep the weight low.

Bring back the grease zircs for the linkage and swingarm.

13/52 gearing on 125 since everyone seems to prefer it.