1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    i thort the same but honestly after a ride or 2 i wouldnt trade it for any other. everything else feels so long & awkward. im all for the oddball husky kicker, so easy to start!
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    for me put chain on the left and normal kick starter...

and a wider seat(ala GG)....
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    When I had my WR250, I was totally used to it. I'd get on any other 250/300 2 stroke and would struggle to start them.
  4. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    How about this? My wish is i could use my WR's to their full potential, 6 speed would be nice and back with the black rims. No need for EFI or Di just more cost and weight, the idea of a 175 wr would be cool though. I also like the idea of an air cooled option, my 82 WRE would run with my new ones any day and handle the same. :p
  5. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    I always realse the pressure on the brake at the moment i can feel the abs starts working, and i can promise you that i can stop my car faster without abs even on blackice. If you don't belive me you are welcome to visit me, and maybe then you will belive it. Btw i live up in the arctic and i drive on snow and ice 6 months in a year.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    An educated human brain is the best anti-lock devise. ABS is for dumb asses who's first instinct is to stomp the brake with both feet, close their eyes and wet themselves.
    Ruffus, bbc and shawbagga like this.
  7. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    I totally agree with you on that, abs is for people that can't drive any vehicle. When i was driving trucks that weighed 50 tons, i never had abs on them.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Pat,
    I still ride my '82 250WR and I can tell you that my '09 WR144 has it covered in handling and suspension for sure!
  9. Chainsaw371 Husqvarna

Would like a 500cc 2 stroke black rims with 6 speed something with some balls for a change would be nice.
    TROFFER88 and shawbagga like this.
  10. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Just my 2 cents so take it for what its worth. Lets face the fact that Husky owners / lovers :D are a small percentage of the market. I base this on looking at the lines at the races throughout the year. The way I see it is that Husky has put most of its R and D into their four stroke line. This is most likely because this is the way that governments wanted it and what the rest of the world went with. No doubt we got some amazing bikes from this! For years all we saw at the races were four strokes with the occasional 2stroke thrown in. This was the hype, most everyone followed suite, and forgot how fantastic the 2strokes are. I was also caught up in this buying a DRZ400 in 2000 and 'Berg 400 in 2003. The last bike before that was a '99 Husky 360 :thumbsup:! Now the tide might be changing. Why? You see a lot of the top pros switching over to 2strokes. What the top guys ride is hopefully where the R and D money goes and the companies start to push to the sales floor. I am thinking that there are a few ways it can go. We will continue to see the same bikes with BNG and other minor changes. Or we will see somewhere in the middle with first a slight frame change, then some motor changes (maybe just an e-start bolted on), etc. The last option would be a complete new 2stroke model. Any of these directions would excite different groups of people. We all want different things but if Husky is going to do anything it is most likely what they think will sell more bikes. If they completely change the WR300 is everyone who liked the old model going to switch to KTM? I would say not. We would most likely just adapt like we always do. We would either love our old bikes and keep them competetive for as long as possible or jump on board right away. Either way its always fun to come onto this forum and see peoples new ideas and what they are doing to their bikes! Its also fun to see people helping each other out to fix problems!

My thoughts on what I would like to see?.....I love the motors of all the 2strokes Husky sells. A switch to left side drive and proper kick starter would be nice but keep the power the same. Also an updated frame. Idealy electric start with a kit to remove it included with the bike when its purchased. If you want it fine if not take it off. I think this would help re-sale value as a LOT of people think they cant ride without it. Price is a HUGE deal maker or breaker for me when it comes to buying a bike. If Husky all the sudden makes huge changes and ups the price to match a new KTM what will I do? Buy a Husky. Its just a bonus that they are priced WAY lower than a new pumpkin.

Again....just my 2 cents.
    ohmygewd and cheko7 like this.
  11. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Norman you have a point on the suspension difference, i'll concede that. The handling to me is about the same allowing for the change in fork and shocks design, very Euro as they say in the Mags. I may have overstated my case i suppose. I know that anyone who had an early Husky will agree that they are designed to work perpendicular to the earth and steered not slid, so that hasn't changed. Mikuni suck bring back the Bing.