1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2 Stroke wish list for 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Jul 13, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That is more likely since Bombardier is probably leading the 2t DI development.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I would like to see an exhaust system which is as hard to dent as the older air cooled types which went down and back up in the center of the bike, then diagonaly across over the engine. The 125 does only have one side to dent in which can help. It is the radiators, at least in my opinion which force the design of today's bikes so they could be re located and the factory guard suggested incorporated. I also would like a comfortable sprung seat.

Fran
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is it with the carbs I just purchased a used 2009 300 that had a pkw air stricker on it i could not make it work even tryed a JD kit .Then i took the original carb off my 2006 Wr 250 put it on the 300 and it now runs perfect I have raced it from sea level to 4000 feet no problem All my Husky 2 strokes are running original carbs with no problem
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Contact David at Fast Bike Industries have him make a Ohlin TTX shock for you .I had him make me 2 of them one on the 250 and 1 on my 300 the 125 already had one.The bike now works great you will not beleive the difference
    Well worth the money heck what we spend for other things the price of the custom shock is not that bad
    www.fastbikeindustries.com 828 435 0125
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Post up those jetting specs, if the Mikuni worked perfect it sure would save alot of time and $$
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will check what i did tonight and post them I swear both my 250 and 300 run perfect .Ask Walt he rode the 250 and the carb off the 250 in now on the 300
  7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    OK, i'll join in; 6 speed trans, no FI, Sach's is fine with Zokes 50mm, Air Striker carb. Otherwise i'm good with what i have going back to the first Husky WR i had. Cost is a factor these days and all the changes require more money. Letti on a 300 WR husky 2nd place at the Romaniacs last week is a pretty good indicator of what can be accomplished, maybe his is tweeked a bit but none the less it is current. Another 1/2 gallon in the tank would be good also. I have had the KTM's version and while it's very good it's not better than my current rides, market forces will be determined more by cash than anything these days and the price on the WR's is very good plus you get a bike you can duel the competition with for 3-4 yrs. Sell the 250 and 300 for what they are and the public will buy them or at least the informed ones. Trick of the week marketing will lose favor when the cash is on the line. I would say a 1973 Montesa Cappra if suspended right would be a natural fit today or CZ, cheap and yet they will do the trick. So come on Husky hire some Pro's and go racing in the USA, they are winners in Europe. They:cool: do have some champs already and that would be the people who read this blog and ride those red rockets fer sher.
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Iam not saying you dont, just saying I would like to try them out. I do find it intersting all of the other euro 2 strokes are running Keihin's . GG, TM's, KTM's, Husabergs

I would like to see: Clear tanks, 6 speed, and a better spedo/computer.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    hey doug you get my PM? sorry it took so long!
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am just repeating what a KTM/Husaberg dealer told me that was at the dealer meetings. It was all hinted at and I guess I would consider it an unconfirmed confirmed rumour. I personally don't see Husky coming out with DI any time soon. I just want them to address some of the mass market appeal type stuff we are talking about here. Larger tanks, 6 speeds, re-designed 250/300 to be lighter and more friendly to kick in the new frame, e-start as at least an option and a dedicated 175-200 in the 125 cases and framework. If you can find a better trailee mount than a modern 175, 2T I will want to see it.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Yes I got it, I was waiting to get the seal driver from Motion Pro, I plan to re-use the seals.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

ohmygewd likes this.
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Walt you are exactly right!!! Sales are lost to the guy coming off a 450 looking to get back on his hard earned cash with an 2t and 9/10 times they will go the pumpkin cos of the electric leg....and thats been 5 years now!!

No use bringing out a you beaut 2013 WR if you are losing customers to the opposition all because of a push button starter????
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have changed my mind. My wish list simply consists of professional riders racing 2Ts in motocross. Until that happens... we will always be second class dirtbike buyers in the eyes of motorcycle companies. Anyone have lap times of various bike types: 450 4T, 250 4T, and 250-300 2T by similar riders compared on various tracks? I am curious how much slower the 2T is, if at all.

JS
  15. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i would happy just to see a 6 speed and a button. Plus more refinement in the suspension.. I want to see leading edge,
    I know it may cost more but if it's good bergas then why not husky...
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    My wishlist:

Take the lead or get out of the way!

1.) Lets face it, everyone likes to do there own thing and set the bikes up to their own preferences and riding styles. But give us #1, a good foundation to build off of.

2.) How about setting a bike up so that we can add our own preferences:

A) Electric Start Option

B) Various Seat Kits With Heights/Foam Preferences/Seat Covers

C) A Selection of Handle Bar Bends/Heights/Etc......

D) Adjustable Triple Clamps

E) Adjustable Pegs/Varous Widths/Cleat options.

F) A Selection Of Pipes/Silencers/Spark Arrestors

G) Various Mapping Programs/Diagnostic Programs/Adjustable Power Valves/Etc........

H) Suspension Options (Marzocchi Package, Ohlins Package, Showa Package) Lets put the correct springs in right of the bat!

I) Tanks by Sizes, Colors

J) Adjustable Unbreakable Levers (Shifters, Brake Levers, Clutch Levers, Adjustable throttle cams).

K) Hub/Rim/Spoke Kits

I ) Plastic/Graphic Options (In Mold)

J) Apparel Line (From Street Clothes, to boots, to helmets, to chest protectors).

K) Brake Kits

L) Good selection of Bike Armour.

M) Big Bore/Tranny Kits

N) How about a 65, 85,125, 200, 250, 300. If I want a 105 then I get the kit, If I want a 360 then I get that kit?

O) What did I miss?

In other words, lets get a reasonably priced aftermarket program going that doesn't gouge us! Use your muscle BMW and pass it on to the consumer. Would be nice to walk into Hall's some day, buy a new 200, upgrade the suspension to an Ohlins TTX Kit, purchase the E-start, mapping program,pipe,silencer, tank and good selection of gear. Problem is, you buy the bikes and wait for aftermarket stuff to catch up. Do it while your designing the bikes?
    wallybean likes this.
  17. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    So you want a TM?
    rasputin and ohmygewd like this.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If the bike numbers are out there the aftermarket parts makers will come for the sales. The wish list is asking what would you buy if Husky had it in 2013. So far it looks like most want a lighter 200 or 300+ with bigger fuel tanks and some want DI or a 2t bike they could tag for the street.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250

No but I wanted to buy 2 65's for the grand kids this summer and they are not here?
  20. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Wish list?

One thing. Affordable!