What was the last thing you destroyed on your 610/630?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kevin2735, Jul 17, 2012.

1. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My pride and a ruptured L4/5 disc picking it up! All better now thanks to a great surgeon.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    The Tarmac every time I take it out to the street. Fortunate that I have not slammed it to the ground yet. I did kill Bambi with it many moons ago and all I did was break the 4 way radiator hose.
  3. Nick Taylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
  4. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

Assuming you were going up that..... two thumbs up for the balls to try it!
  5. Virginian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Moto Guzzi Griso SE Tenni
    Holy cow! That looks like it hurt!
  6. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    What type of bond / glue is that? I used hotglue on the bolts in my plastics, its held up for a while but something stronger is going to be needed...
  7. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

JB cold weld works great! I use the fast setting stuff.
  8. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    It's a Poly-Klik rivet nut and Loctite sleeve retainer.
  9. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yeah going UP! In the rain, snow and hail....The bike was 100 miles old and 100% stock. Nothing like a tight motor, OEM emissions, and KAROOS!
  10. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

Good Times! lol ;)
  11. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

This is an update to the broken sprocket I suffered last July. I dropped it off at the dealer in July and was told it would be warrantied, which it was. I also told them that the speedometer stopped working prior to the rear wheel falling apart, this is the second time this has occurred. All of this was to be taken care of under warranty which I was pleased about. They looked over the speedo and checked for the magnet and determined I needed another new instrument cluster, this is the second one I have had replaced. Never the less I was told I had to wait for the parts to arrive. As August rolled by, I learned from some other posts that the Husqy factory shuts down in August, so needless to say I was a bit disappointed that I had to wait all this time for parts. I kind of assumed they would send a new wheel since the hub was destroyed. Instead they sent a new hub and spokes and required the dealer to rebuild the wheel. So these parts arrived in the beginning of September, and the the dealer had to send out for the wheel to be rebuilt by a different shop / wheel-smith. So in mid September the wheel came back and I was told my bike would be ready by the end of the day. I get message on my home phone (funny they didn't call me cell when they knew I was at work) stating they (the dealer) made a mistake. When they went to put the wheel on they learned the rear swing arm was also damaged and had to be replaced. Long story short, I had to wait another month for the swing arm parts to arrive. I was pissed at the dealer for the mishap, and I was pissed at Husqy for having a crappy parts supply line. I couldn't believe that they didn't notice this when they took the damaged wheel off of the swing arm in July. Now we are into November, and I am told that the bike is finally ready to be picked up. I arrive at the dealer and wait for over an hour for them to get the paperwork in order, I kind of thought they would have their act together and have this sorted out before my arrival. The tech was telling me that for some reason there were still parts on order and the system wouldn't let him close out the ticket. So he tells me to just take the bike and he would mail me the paperwork. I start to ride the bike from the dealer and notice the speedo is still not working, so I turn right back around and give it back to them. Just then, a light bulb goes off with the tech stating, "Oh the missing parts must be your speedo!" No kidding, really?? I told this to you in July and the parts are not here in November??? He apologized and seemed genuinely upset with himself because he really messed this whole repair up. All I could think was that I never have experienced such an inept dealership in my life. They get Husqy to FedEx a new dash and tell me the bike is ready, it's about week later now. I go to pick up the bike, and guess what..... The speedo still does not work. The tech looks at the front wheel and states, "Oh your missing the magnet." So now I have a new dash that didn't need to be replaced which kind of blows because the mileage on the odometer is inaccurate. The other thing I forgot to mention is that I live over 80 miles from the dealer, so each time I go out there it is a 160 miles round trip.

I spoke to a lemon law attorney and then began negotiations with Husqy USA. To their credit, they didn't try to dodge the problems and were very interested in making things right for my experience. The fellow I dealt with at Husqy as Anthony Cavanaugh, a good guy who seemed like he was interested in making things right. We settled on them paying the depreciated difference from what I paid for the bike retail, and what it is currently worth wholesale KBB. So it was nice to get an extra rebate from Husqy that was like buying the bike for half price. However int he end, I don't think this is the bike for me. I will not go back to that dealer for anything else, ever. I am not a self wrench kind of guy and without good local dealer support, well it just isn't the bike for me. Especially if I have to order parts that take forever to arrive. I will be selling it here shortly, so look for it on Craigslist. Most of my problems were with the dealer and not the bike. It is a fantastic ride and I know I will miss many of the good attributes.

Reflexrider likes this.
  12. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow! Hopefully the BMW ownership will translate to better customer care.
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Check those sprocket bolts, and subframe bolts. Replace the footpeg bolts.

The long story reminds me of why I never use dealers for anything except to buy a bike. :thumbsup:
  14. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Little late for that, he made the mistake of buying a 630 which means he got the full, modern experience. But maybe BMW/Husqvarna will take a close look at the dealer.
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Only bolt's I've had trouble with was the one front sprocket cover bolt I lost after the first week, and the front engine mount was loose after about 6 months. Everything else has stayed tight. The footpeg bosses on mine were smooth from the factory, no weld bumps like some have found, which puts a bending load on the bolts when they're torqued down.
  16. 630mick Husqvarna
    A Class

Dissapointing that the stock chain and sprockets are made of cheese! 3500kms and completely rooted!:eek:. Allways adjusted and lubed which is pretty sad...Oh well love having new chain and sprokets.:)
  17. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    It's time for a new chain on my SMS after ~7500 miles, it's getting a little sticky. The stock sprocket shows hardly any wear, but I guess that's because I'm not thrashing it in a dust bowl :thinking:
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Doubletap...
  19. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I've never lost a bolt, never had anything fail, man I love this bike!
  20. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    5 months ,5500km on my 630
    1 month ,1000km in clutch master leaking,replaced warranty also first airbox replaced at this time due to spun inserts.Dealer tried getting the bolts out with a impact gun and melted the airbox lid as well.
    5 months 5500 km steerer bearings notched and water temp sender broken.Find out tomorrow if the bearings will be done under warranty.

The good news is my chain and sprockets seem ok and soon the bike will be under going some modifications to stop some other problems from arising.Also some mods to increase comfort on a big trip coming up .