What was the last thing you destroyed on your 610/630?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kevin2735, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

It seems like every time I take my 630 out I break something. I was minding my own business on a great ride in Las Padres National Forest exploring a new trail.

[IMG]

I started to feel something funny in the rear wheel, but was having too much fun to stop and investigate. Then things went downhill from there, literally.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I was lucky in that I had only a couple of small hills t push the bike up, then I was treated to a couple of miles of downhill free ride. Funny, I kept blurting out "Braaaap" as if I still had the bike running. I made it to the Upper Oso campground where the AAA truck arrived a short while later.

Any recommendations on replacement parts other than stock?

Was reading this thread and am looking at what drivesystemsusa has, but was hoping for a recommendation or advice for something that has a reputation for durability. I am not too concerned about looking good or being lighter, just want something that is not going to fall apart on me.
  2. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

What actually broke there?? From the pics it looks like the bolts fell out due to not checking/loctiting them...
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I have yet to actually break anything on my SMS...
    I check the sprocket bolts regularly and have never found one to be loose. I got a new set of nuts in the mail when the notice came out on them, but they look identical to the nylock's on the now.

I've had one airbox nut spin and one tank shroud nut spin, I lost one bolt in the front sprocket cover, and I had the fuel pump leak, but that's about it.

As far as actually destroying something? That would be the muffler internals within a week of picking up the bike... :D
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Supersprox is what I use. I also use their sprocket bolts.

[IMG]
  5. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

I am not too mechanically inclined, so my first thought was that they sheared off. To me it appears like the bolts are still in the wheel and the head was cut off, but I could be wrong. There is what looks like deep cuts around the outside of the sprocket holes on the wheel, so I am hoping there is no damage to the wheel. These are the new bolts the dealer put on about 8 months ago when the notice came out.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You are very fortunate because there could have been some real expensive damage, like engine cases, swingarm and hub.
    I think because these bikes don't have a cush hub, the bolts are hard to keep tight if ridden on the road alot. I have never had a sprocket bolt come loose, but I don't ride the bike on the road very much at all.
    Supersprox and Ironman are good.
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I ride a LOT of road miles on mine. I have yet to have a sprocket bolt come loose, even the recalled OEM ones.
  8. blakebird Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 Super Tenere
    same here.

I replaced my alloy oem sprocket with an Ironman. I've never worn out an Ironman sprocket, and I've tried them all.
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

The trail
    Thumperama, LRPct and jtemple like this.
  10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Everything on the subframe on these damn things is very soft. One laydown bent the muffler hanger, another bent the lower bolt for the sub. I thought about putting a grade 8 bolt in there, then thought better of it. Let it bend, carry a spare or two. I've never bent bikes before. :busted:

Stuck a pry bar in the muffler hanger and straightened it back out, not very tough stuff.

My TCI skidplate has been destroyed. Ripped the engine guards out of it and dented in the side. Would hate to think what would have happened had not been there between the rock and the engine case. Got a new one from Tom at TCI Products USA.

Bike fell over in soft dirt, into a tree, put a nice rip in my seat concepts cover. Dayammmm. Sewed it up and smeared some super glue on it. Not too noticeable.

Last dualsport run I thought we would take the singletrack back to the hiway for a shortcut. Afterall, how difficult can a black diamond trail be, anyway? They're easy on the KTM 250. Well, not on a 300+ lb pig. It doesn't like steps very well. This spill bent the subframe mounting bolt and bent the passenger peg bracket. I leave the pegs on for that eventual extraction of a rider with a dead bike. What you can't tell from the pic is how steep it was. And we were at 8800' and I was huffing and puffing, thought I was gonna have a heart attack. :oldman:

[IMG]
    Kevin2735 and DYNOBOB like this.
  11. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Boulder field in the San Juans put a nice shiner in my Leo Vince...

[IMG]
  12. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jtemple, how do you like that Supersprox? That is the one with the cush drive built into the sprocket correct?
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    No, that's an aluminum sprocket body with a steel tooth ring. You're thinking of Kush Sprockets.
    jtemple likes this.
  14. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

I too bent the clamp that holds the exhaust and the passenger peg to the sub frame. It seems to me that it might not have bent if I had removed the passenger pegs. Looks to me like the peg took the majority of the fall and that is what bent the clamp. I suppose the exhaust can would have been dinged way worse had that the passenger peg not been there. Not sure, just a guess though.
  15. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

Okay so it has been two months since I took my 630 to the dealer to repair the rear wheel when the sprocket came off the hub. I was glad to hear that Husqavarna was going to cover it under warranty. But it has been two months since I brought the bike to the dealer. I am missing out out on some great summer riding! Husqavarna would not replace the whole wheel so the dealer had to wait for the hub parts and then send it out to another wheel smith to rebuild the wheel. They just got that back last week and only then learned there is something wrong with the swing arm. I am not sure exactly what yet because I have not spoken directly tot he tech. Now they are replacing the swing arm and once again I am waiting for parts. Should I be pissed off? Sorry just venting I already know the answer to the question. A reminder to all, be sure to regularly check your sprocket bolts!
  16. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes! They should have look at everything that could have been damaged by the original failure. It's hard to believe the swing arm is messed up because the sprocket came off, unless its just mared from the sprocket or chain and that's why they're fixing it? I would ask questions!
  17. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Oh man. I've broken damn near everything on my 610 except the engine itself. Broken isn't entirely accurate though, more often than not shit just falls off of it even though I've dunked the whole bike in Loctite.

One of the three undertails that broke off (costing me one of four license plate replacements)
    [IMG]

Turbo City rack broke, I did a splint patch on it but it didn't hold up five miles
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Subframe extension has broken I don't know how many times, just going down the road
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I've spun several nutserts, fortunately I posses the cure for that
    [IMG]

I've had mirrors fall off, sprocket bolts fall out, engine mount bolts fall out, body parts fall off, caliper bolts fall off, subframe bolts fall off...I stay on top of maintenance on this bike like none other and check everything religiously, and I go ballistic when something falls off or breaks. The only thing that cools me off is when a buddy asks me how many miles I have on it and that hey, it ain't new anymore...
    Kevin2735 likes this.
  18. Nick Taylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  20. smooman Husqvarna