What was the last thing you destroyed on your 610/630?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kevin2735, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Oh, yeah, I do have one airbox insert that's spun, but I can still get the filter out easily enough. Same thing with one of the tank shroud bolts, but I just leave the shrouds on when I pull the tank.
  2. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ride Hard, wrench gentle seems to work for me :thumbsup:
  3. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Got the bike back.The steering bearings replaced under warranty bow to fix it so it won't happen again.
    The old notched bearings got rid of the wobble at 110kph new bearings and its back but more fierce.
  4. maxyb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, classica 105
    Other Motorcycles:
    CB350, CD90z
    How tight is the steering stem nut, Will?
    and also, what front tyre are you running? - i found that when i put an MT21 on the front i got speed wobble (at about 110km/h aswell), possibly due to the softer knobs
  5. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Haven't checked let the service department do it all.Will go over all the work done and check.Front tyre around 20psi ,it hasn't changed since the service. Prior to bearing swap i could do 130 and all was stable.
    Setting it up for the simpson in a few months so will end up putting a damper on.
  6. Chicken pot pie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX-250 2 smoke
    Glad to hear I am not the only one peppering the road with bolts. Locktite or not. Anyway, had a pretty quick get off during the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride. Turns out, I broke one of the subframe bolts and the other may have spun out. (08 TE610). Fortunately, this was towards the end of the ride. After cleaning it up, then I realized that the bolts on the left and right side were either busted off or just missing. Of course I went over every bolt prior to ride 3 times, but I guess this is just part of a thumpers life. Getting suspension work done now, so they are fixing that issue before they measure me for the bike. Pics to follow later, I gotta go to work.
  7. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    On a really twisty road I destroyed a GSXR 1000 riders ego on my SM 630!
    Grandia, Fast1, jimmyc and 1 other person like this.
  8. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Ok i can add a tps and maf sensor to the list.Don't know how they failed.The bike backfired and started shuddering and threw a code. Complete throttle body has to be replaced as parts aren't available individually .None in this country have to wait for them to come from the factory.Another one for warranty.Must be getting close to having this thing sorted.
  9. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    What have you done to the bike to get it to backfire? :excuseme:
  10. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Wow, I think that's the first case of those sensors failing. You should start a new thread detailing the failure and repair results.

11. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Just riding along at about 30kph small backfire then missing & surging ,so i guess this is where the fueling went wrong,the end was backfire and stall.It happened very quickly.It did start again but the neutral light was flashing.Interestingly it still ran but felt like it was running hot.At first the shop suggested it was caused by washing the bike with a high pressure cleaner as there was water on the throttle body.I do not wash with high pressure ,we all know how bad that is.The bike had no water on it when the problem occurred. I had rinsed the dust off for the shop guys after the incident.Probably will never know why it failed.The throttle body has to go back to the factory.The shop never really says the actual cause of the problem when its related to warranty.I am happy that they fix it and one day when the warranty is out i might find out what's going on.One other thing the shop did enlighten me about is the temp sender switch failures.They seem to think it is caused by water getting in.The connector does not do a very good job of keeping it out.Even the replacement sender will let a little in.
  12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I guess I should rephrase, what mods have you done to the bike, if any? :p
  13. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Doh
    Only pu kit.Everything stock until warranty runs out.I do have a piggyback ecu to go on which will make things run better.
  14. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm --- the only thing i destroyed on both my 610TE's and the 610SM i had --Is a REAR TYRE :)
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 630 has been a remarkably brakeage-free bike. Mine was one of the first and there have been NO major faults. It´s been used on a an every day basis for commuting and the only things I´ve broken have been when I came off.
  16. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Did your dealer tweak the fueling with I-beat and zero the throttle sensor when you put the PU kit on?
    If not, you're running crazy lean...
  17. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Update on the tps issue.Complete new throttle body fitted.About $900 if you need to buy one.The bike starts up easily now. From new it would not start unless the enricher was pulled on.The dealer is concerned about water getting into the connections of the tps and some off the other connections.The fittings were greased but there was still water in there.They have suggested next time there is water on the bike to pull the plugs and see if water is getting,bad plug seals maybe. Ibeat settings 100 105 105 as recommended by husky aus.
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    When I did the powerup, my sweet spot seemed to be 103, 120, 112 on the Ibeat settings, but that's here in the US, running 93 octane.
    After opening up the airbox and exhaust, I threw on a JD tuner and added a bit more fuel.
  19. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Right side at the peg mount. Very disappointed.

[IMG]
  20. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Oopsie, what did you smack into. (And how much do you weigh? Haha)

I shredded my Hammerhead shift tip, it's so awkwardly shaped and sticks out so far, I just made my own on the mill in an hour or so, much better...